Profile for Bronwyn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 209

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bronwyn RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
KOHLER K-4108-0 C3 230 Elongated Bidet Toilet Seat with Touchscreen Remote Control, White
Price: $1,000.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Unable to install, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am entering a 5 star review, so not to negatively affect that rating of this product. I was unable to install this because I do not have an elongated toilet. Just wanted to do a review so a potential customer can ensure their bathroom is to spec before they order this.

Check out Kohlers website for more informatio.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, 1.7 Ounce
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel, 1.7 Ounce
Price: $18.98
10 used & new from $12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and tingly :), December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have had nothing but great experiences with Neutrogena products, and this one is no exception. I have been using this product, day and night, for over a week and it has been doing a great job with my dry winter skin. I personally despise the oily goopy texture of oil based products, and so I love this water 'gel' and the slight tingle that I get when I put it on my skin. There is a light fragrance, but definitely not overpowering.

The only thing I would tell people to watch out for, is that it has a very runny consistency, so a little goes a long way. Also the jar is very slippery and heavy for its size so if it falls out of your hand, it's easier for the contents to get spilled :/

Star Wars Immune Support Gummies, 120 Count
Star Wars Immune Support Gummies, 120 Count
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Toddler loves it!, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 2 year old loves these gummy vitamins, which is why I am rating it 4 stars, however I wished I looked at the ingredients before I ordered it :) Corn syrup is the first listed ingredient with sugar being the second (which explains why my toddler likes it so much ! ).

It comes in 2 flavors, blue raspberry which is green in color, and orange, and they are in Star Wars character shapes- R2D2, darth vader were the two that I picked out. My daughter is too small to understand the Star Wars references, but for Trekkies, I think this is cool. The vitamins are also 120 count, which is a good 4 month supply.

I was expecting more vitamins and minerals as per a true multi vitamin, but it seems as if kids vitamins aren't like adults, for fear of overdose, which makes sense.

All in all, if you want something tasty that your kid will eat (and not spit out like poly vi sol!) then this is a good product, sugar and all!

PS- It's 1 chew for a 2/3 year old.

D'Addario Kaplan Amo Violin String Set, 4/4 Scale, Medium Tension
D'Addario Kaplan Amo Violin String Set, 4/4 Scale, Medium Tension
Price: $85.13
3 used & new from $85.13

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars, November 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I changed these strings right before two consecutive weekends of heavy playing. The package promises quick settling, so I wanted to test that claim. They did settle fairly quickly, after about three nights of solid playing. There is definitely a metallic twang to them that hasn't yet worn off two weeks in. The sound is on the brighter end of the spectrum as promised, but the metallic quality certainly lends a bit of a gritty edge to the tone. Bow response is quite nice, however.

My preference is for a darker tone, so I would choose Dominant strings over these Kaplan strings. The brightness of this set is quite pretty, but the twang is my least favorite part.

Nursery 101 Sidney Convertible Crib, White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Nursery 101 Sidney Convertible Crib, White (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical crib!, November 20, 2014
We bought this for our newborn daughter, and I must say that for the price I am very impressed. My husband was able to install within an hour and without looking at the instructions. All the parts arrived intact and the white color is very neutral.

Highly recommended!

OXO Good Grips Convertible Plastic Colander
OXO Good Grips Convertible Plastic Colander
Price: $19.95
4 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality material and great for pasta, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have come to expect affordable yet quality products from OXO and this is no exception. We cook a lot of pasta and rice in our house, and I use a colander at least once a day, and I own 2. This convertible colander is amazing for pasta and washing produce because of how it can hook over the kitchen sink. You can either place it length ways or to the side.

The colander is made of a thick hard plastic, so it feels very sturdy, yet it collapses and expands very smoothly. I also appreciate that it's in a plain white color, rather than the bright trendy ones that seem to be popping up everywhere.

All in all, a great addition to your kitchen!

Lorex LW1742 Live SD Wireless Recording Video Surveillance System with 2 Cameras (Black)
Price: $237.18
9 used & new from $211.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but has glare issues at night, November 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have been using this video surveillance systems for about a week now and it definitely has its pros and cons. It was easy to install, my husband took less than an hour to install the cameras and get everything set up. The tablet is not touch screen, and be warned that it freezes when using.

I guess the issue we had with product, is that because it's a corded plug in system, we didn't want the plugs and such to be seen on the outside (Where they could be disabled) so the solution for us was to put them by windows. The first camera was installed to have a view of the back patio and fence, and the 2nd for the garage entrance. During the day, the surveillance is awesome, however at night, there is a glare from the window pane that makes the images very blurry. But as my husband says, you will know if something/someone is moving in a place they shouldn't be!

With that said, we enjoy the audio aspect of the surveillance system and the fact that you can record. We have had some break ins in our neighborhood over the past few weeks, and because of video surveillance, they were able to get the teens who did it.

We will continue to monkey with it to get it work better at night.

ETA: We have been having issues with the home screen freezing.

Pull-Ups Training Pants with Cool Alert for Girls, 62 Count
Pull-Ups Training Pants with Cool Alert for Girls, 62 Count
Price: $23.97
4 used & new from $22.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool if your kid is ready for potty training., November 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was drawn to this 'cool alert' training pants because I liked the idea of my daughter not getting used to staying in a wet diaper/pull up and continuing to play. My thinking was that it would lead her to see that instead of going in the pull up, she can go in the potty. The problem is that this is not really working as a potty training tool as I thought it would. (This is not a fault of the pull ups or the manufacturer). My daughter simply takes her pull up off every time after she pees and asks for a new one. (Face palm)

I see that some people have mentioned an issue with absorbency- I do want to point out that in a way it's a good thing that it's not too absorbent. We have spent the first couple years teaching our babies to go in a diaper, and getting the most absorbent and moisture wicking ones, so in a way we have to re-calibrate them during potty training.

All in all, a good fit for my daughter (size wise) but it definitely made me see we needed to hold off on potty training till she is more ready.

ETA: the 3t/4t size fits my 30 lb toddler very well.

Primula Flavor Now 2.7-Quart Pitcher with Instant Infuser, Flavor Wand and Chill Core, Cherry
Price: $29.67
13 used & new from $11.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay pitcher and infuser, November 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I drink a lot of lemon water and have been branching out into different flavors over the summer. This is a great product in theory but I am still unfortunately very ambivalent about it.

The good: rectangular shape fits well in the fridge door. Snazzy red color to jazz up the fact you're drinking unsweetened fruit water. Freezer core to keep drink cold. Muddler section so you don't get pulp in the water (Which gets unnapetizing looking and slightly bitter over the course of the day in my opinion)

The not so good: Following the directions steeping directions makes bland water, even with muddling. But I don't think that's Primula's fault, it may just be my taste buds? I have found using more fruit, and the addition of a pinch of cinammon or a sprig of mint brightens everything up, plus making sure it's served over lots of ice. I found everything annoying to clean, which is bad for the long term. It's all dishwasher safe though, so I guess I can throw it in there, I just worry about how it's going to hold up in the long run.

For the price ($15) I consider it a worthy start into finding ways to drink more water and getting the vitamins from fruit you just have to work with the product to suit yourself.

Primula Instant Infusion Beverage Dispenser
Primula Instant Infusion Beverage Dispenser
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely beverage dispenser!, October 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We host Thanksgiving and lots of other gatherings at our home, and so I was very excited about the Primula Infusion Beverage Dispenser. I will admit I was a bit perplexed when I saw the various inserts and attachments, but it's quite easy to figure out. One thing though- the cover and base for this dispenser is heavy so be mindful of that when unpacking and setting up!

I want to go over what makes this much better than my regular beverage dispenser.

1. It is a slim neat shape for the fridge or my counter top compared to my cylindrical one. It is 7 inches wide so you can fit it quite nicely in the fridge.
2.It's on a pedestal, so when the dispenser is on the counter or in the fridge, it's much easier to get the drink from it.
3. The base and cover is very sturdy.
4. I can insert a frozen gel core in the dispenser to keep things cool.With that said, I do prefer to keep it in the fridge, just my preference.

Now the other main thing about this dispenser is the infusion/muddling aspect of it and what really makes it worth the money. You can insert a cylinder into the dispenser, muddle (mash) your fruit then pull that cylinder out so no unattractive pulp gets mixed in with your sweet tea or water.There is a mixer that you then use to stir this around but you can use a long spoon as well.

You can definitely use this for drinks like mojitos and margaritas but bear in mind that this dispenser has a large capacity so you would want to make sure you have a decent sized gathering where enough people drink alcohol. I recommend trying sweet tea and infusing it with whatever fruit you like that is in season, or water with herbs/fruit. So far we like water with either mint/lemon as well as sweet tea with some sort of stone fruit. As we get into winter here with new fruits in season, I look forward to trying new combinations.

I see other people have mentioned that they would prefer the dispenser to be glass rather than hard plastic, but it isn't a problem for me. It's such a pain to hand wash these things that I would hate to be wrestling with a 2.5 gallon glass container in the kitchen sink. All in all, if you entertain I really recommend this product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20