Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Cheryl M. Todd > Reviews

Browse

Cheryl M. Todd's Profile

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cheryl M. Todd RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls, White
Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls, White
Price: Click here to see our price
18 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly long and very soft feedback., December 10, 2015
I'm a member of a private club. I'm a senior with a 9 index. My normal average drive distance is 250-260 yards and my swing speed is just under 100. I live at altitude so I get a little more distance than sea level golfers. My club was giving sample Callaway "Supersoft" balls to members to try them out. I normally play ProV1's or quality Srixons so I threw these into my bag not thinking much about them. About a week later, after losing a ball, I reached into my bag and pulled one of these out. Oh my goodness, I hit 6 consecutive tee shots that averaged 20 yards longer than normal. At first I didn't understand why my drives were going so much farther than normal. One of my golf buddies even commented that I was putting on a driving clinic.I finally concluded the long drives started when I put the new Callaway ball in play. The drives were straight and solid feeling. I couldn't tell the difference on the putting green between the ProV1's and the Callaways. I haven't played them enough to determine if they perform like the ProV1's from 70 yards in but I suspect they may compare favorably. Even if the ProV's outperform with wedges unless you're a low to mid single index golfer the distinction probably won't be significant. At less than half the price of the ProV's these are the best golf ball I've ever played. I'm going to order 6 dozen.

Lexerd - Garmin Nuvi 2559LMT 2539LMT TrueVue Anti-glare GPS Screen Protector
Lexerd - Garmin Nuvi 2559LMT 2539LMT TrueVue Anti-glare GPS Screen Protector
Offered by Lexerd (NJ)
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful cutting down on glare, February 28, 2015
I find the shiny face of my new 2559LMT is very difficult to read when light is reflecting off the surface. My old Nuvi had an anti-glare surface that worked great. I specifically bought this product for it's anti-glare properties. Many reviewers preferred the sun-shade devices but I didn't want to carry, store and clip on and off another device so I went for the Lexerd product. It works much better than without it and I'm happy I got it. Not sure if the sun-shades would be better but this is a good trade-off for convenience and it also minimizes finger smudges on the screen. It does not affect the sensitivity of the touch screen. It's easy to apply. The instructions say DO NOT use a cleaner on your device before applying so I cleaned the surface with warm water and a cotton towel to remove oily finger smudges and then removed any extra lint with the lint cloth provided with the protector screen. Have your device cleaned and ready to go so that as soon as you peel back the protector you can apply it immediately. This will minimize your chances of getting any dust between your device surface and the protective screen. Two finger "sleeves" are provided to keep you from getting finger oil on the sticky side of the protector. I found that placing one each on my index fingers worked best. I'm an Amazon Prime customer which gives me free shipping on almost all my orders but I still had to pay for shipping for this product and that was my only negative.

Lipogen B Complex 60 Sgels
Lipogen B Complex 60 Sgels

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it for tinnitus, February 25, 2015
Ten years ago I had intense bouts of tinnitus. It was so bad it would wake me up in the middle of the night. A pharmacist told me that they used Lipogen and it helped a great deal. It's actually a very strong B-Complex formula and it's not really advertised as a tinnitus "cure" but it was a life-saver for me...I think of it as a miracle drug because now I couldn't imagine living without it. It hasn't cured my tinnitus but it's made it much more "manageable". I'd say it has reduced the ringing by 75%. Keep in mind that there are multiple things that may cause tinnitus so there's not necessarily one cure for everyone and the process, at least for me was not immediate. I started taking 1 capsule a day for 2 weeks. Then, I upped the dosage to 2 capsules a day for another month. Then, I went to 3 capsules a day. After 3 months I started noticing a reduction in the severity of the worst events. After about 6 months I noticed another plateau and a further reduction. After a year there was another reduction in intensity to about where it is today, 10 years later. The cost amounts to $10/month. This may not work for everybody but at $10/month it's worth a try for 6 months to see if you get the results I did. I wish everybody good luck, and remember, be patient.

Still the Best Hope: Why the World Needs American Values to Triumph
Still the Best Hope: Why the World Needs American Values to Triumph
by Dennis Prager
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Prager's best, January 31, 2015
Dennis Prager is the most honest, cogent and insightful author in the country when it comes to issues of ethics, morality and human nature. If you are able to read this book without the baggage of ideaolgical dogma and are able to honestly evaluate and consider the facts as presented you will benefit greatly from this book. At the very least you may have to reconsider a lot of your preconceptions.

Winter of the World: Book Two of the Century Trilogy
Winter of the World: Book Two of the Century Trilogy
by Ken Follett
Price: $17.58
323 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by Follett, January 31, 2015
I have read all of Follett's historical novels going back to Pillars of the Earth. Obviously, I'm a fan. I love history and Follett does a superb job of exploring historical times and events with human characterizations that are complex, fragile and real. Winter of the World is the second book in his Century Trilogy. His first book of the Trilogy is Fall of the Giants. While they can be stand alone books you will really be doing yourself a disservice if you don't real Fall first. Great stories with interesting characters based on the times. Follett is able to create an emotional connection with almost all of his characters. It ranges from sympathy and compassion to anger and hate and each chapter ends leaving you wanting more.

Nicholas and Alexandra
Nicholas and Alexandra
Price: $12.37
184 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Massie's best, January 31, 2015
This review is from: Nicholas and Alexandra (Paperback)
I've read most of Massie's books about Russian history and this was my favorite. Not only does he bring the Romanov family to life, especially Alexandra, he takes these real life events and figures and makes you feel like you know how and what they think and feel. The impact of Alexandra and her devotion to Rasputin becomes perhaps one of the most pivotal events not only Russian history but world history as well given the circumstances surrounding the revolution. This book stands alone in that you don't need to have read any previous books to jump into the story but I would highly recommend reading "Petersburg" by Hanlon first as she sets the stage for what eventually happens to not only the Romanovs but Russia and the world.

Peter the Great: His Life and World
Peter the Great: His Life and World
Price: $12.19
184 used & new from $1.83

4.0 out of 5 stars To try to understand Russia start with Peter the Great, January 31, 2015
Prior to a trip to St. Petersburg this was the first of several Russian history books that I read. If you want to know the history of the founding of St. Petersburg and the life story of Peter, arguably Russia's greatest Czar, then this book is the place to start. I don't think it was Massey's best book but it is a fascinating read nonetheless and gives the reader great insight into this complex ruler. It's the story of how a man, whose predilections range from cruel to compassionate, is able through sheer will, and some luck, to drag a backward and superstitious nation toward a rational world.

The Romanovs: the Final Chapter
The Romanovs: the Final Chapter
Price: $9.75
226 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Follow-up to Nicholas and Alexandra, January 31, 2015
This book is actually a follow-up book to Nicholas and Alexandra by the same author. It goes into detail about the death and disposal of the Romanov family at the beginning of the Bolshevik revolution. It won't mean much if you don't read N and A first because you won't have an emotional connection to the family. It sounds a bit ghoulish but it's actually quite interesting given the history and speculation surrounding the death of the family. It's not a "must" read but if Russian history, and particularly the fate of the last Czar and his family, is of interest to you I think you'll enjoy it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 31, 2015
Great lotion. Soaks right in to the skin without a greasy residue. Perfect to use after the shower.

Shock Doctor Ultra Compression Wrist Guard, 6.75-8-Inch, Black
Shock Doctor Ultra Compression Wrist Guard, 6.75-8-Inch, Black
Offered by Sole Place
Price: $5.32
6 used & new from $5.32

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me., January 31, 2015
I was hoping this would help with the arthritis in the lower part of my hand just above the wrist. The plastic insert was awkward and didn't really provide any support. I removed the insert (it just slides out) and just used the strap. My purpose was to use it when playing golf as I hoped it would support the wrist without having a cumbersome strap around my fingers or thumb. The strap just kept slipping down my wrist toward my elbow providing no support. The strap didn't feel very tight even though I measured my wrist according to the instructions and my wrist measurement was right in the middle of the large size range. If I were ordering it again I would consider getting one size smaller. I think it's usefullness may be dependent on where you are having a problem.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2015 10:55 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6