Profile for D. Watson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 55

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Watson "allofthegoodnamesweretaken" RSS Feed (Indian Trail, NC United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Skechers Men's Go Walk 2-Maine Walking Shoe
Skechers Men's Go Walk 2-Maine Walking Shoe
Price: $42.99 - $69.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in how long these last!, June 3, 2014
I've had these for under 2 months and both the insole and outersole have worn down. I walk an average of 5 miles per day (in office) and started noticing wear in the insole within 3 weeks. Now the bottom tread has worn down as well.
These shoes are very comfortable but I would not recommend them for someone as active as I am.

rooCASE Apple iPad Mini 3 Case - Leather Executive Portfolio Case for Mini 3 (2014) Mini 2 Retina Display (2013) Mini 1 (2012 Edition), BLACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect..., February 27, 2014
I previously bought the same exact style for my Kindle and loved it. The leather fit the Kindle perfectly! This one is just a tad bit not-so-perfect fit wise. As tight as I make the case with the velcro-strap, the home button never lines up perfectly with the space provided at the bottom and sometimes the sides of the leather cover the screen up just a tad too much (I can live with it) for when I need to delete messages in my email. My biggest fault was buying this off of eBay for twice the price from the same company only to find it cheaper here on Amazon! Also, any tips on how I can get rid of the odor of the leather? It's got a somewhat strong rubbery smell to it.

The Paradigm Shift [CD/DVD Combo][Deluxe Edition][Explicit]
The Paradigm Shift [CD/DVD Combo][Deluxe Edition][Explicit]
Offered by lola's dream
Price: $18.29
76 used & new from $6.46

3.0 out of 5 stars First Disappointing Record?, October 8, 2013
I was somewhat let down by this new CD. I had hoped with return of Brian that the record would've really taken off. I actually prefer their previous records without Head to this particular one. This will be the first time I will have to let a Korn record grow on me by repeated listenings. I'm sure I'll come back around and give it another star.

After watching the bonus Reconciliation DVD, I have to admit I liked the songs better raw than how they were later merged with an electronics sound....and I was a fan of The Path To Totality! It just seems like a lot of the guitars were buried in the mix.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2013 4:58 PM PST

Southland: The Complete Second, Third and Fourth Seasons
Southland: The Complete Second, Third and Fourth Seasons
DVD ~ Various
Price: $23.90
23 used & new from $14.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Most UNDERrated Show on Television, February 6, 2013
It's pretty sad this show hangs by a thread on being renewed every season and then it only gets greenlit for 10 episodes. I'm sure TNT does all it can to promote the show, but I really wish word-of-mouth would travel further so we can get even more seasons. It's ridiculous that all of the crappy reality shows get promoted over quality television.

I spent the dough on getting Season 2 from WB direct last year and was a little ticked off that I had to double-dip to get it with seasons 3 & 4, but all was forgive after rewatching it all again. I got it at Target for only $34.99 this week. What a deal!

Love, LOVE this show and I'm looking forward to the new Season although I wish they would bring Chickie back! I missed her last season.

Also, why did they change the theme song?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2013 5:19 AM PDT

Crosswords
Crosswords
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs an update!, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Crosswords (App)
Auto skip will skip over to every other solution at times. It will autoskip without finishing the current solution if you have show error enabled. After selecting deletion of a current puzzle the puzzle doesn't delete until you exit out of the puzzle you want deleted. I have this same app for my iPod Touch and I play it everyday. It will be a 5 star app if this version gets the bugs fixed. It's well worth $9.99 once it's been fixed!

rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Amazon Kindle Fire 7-Inch Android Tablet (NOT Compatible with Fire HD)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend this case cover enough!, April 18, 2012
Very well made and sharp looking! I've looked at many different brands and styles and most of them were severely overpriced for what you got. This one is a keeper!

The Thing (2011)
The Thing (2011)
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice try..., February 29, 2012
This is a tough movie for me to rate. It's more of a 2.5 star for me having so much love for the '82 version.
The Thing itself was too "CGI'd" for my tastes and didn't really change forms all that much. They really needed Rob Bottin and his practical special effects for this film, which was a star in itself in the Carpenter version. I was almost wishing for a lower budgeted film that may not have relied so much on CGI.
The best parts of the film were actually the "nods" of what was to come in the Carpenter version: An axe left in the wall, the double-faced Thing, the dog-chase at the end, etc.
Good acting and somewhat of a decent backstory.

The Path Of Totality (Special Edition)(CD/DVD)
The Path Of Totality (Special Edition)(CD/DVD)
Offered by Stellar Depot
Price: $12.50
64 used & new from $3.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice change of pace..., December 6, 2011
I'm digging it! It's nice to see a band experiment from time to time. I liked their experimentation on See You On The Other Side and this one sounds great as well!

Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D Land
Price: $28.97
185 used & new from $18.95

3.0 out of 5 stars This should've been a free game with the 3DS!, November 14, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Super Mario 3D Land (Video Game)
Remember the days of yore when you bought a video game system and got a game included?
That's the biggest mistake Nintendo made when launching the 3DS with such a high price tag, only to drop that price a mere few months after sales lagged.( They should've offered some sort of incentive for those of us who payed $250 when it debuted, but that's a whole different story!) EDIT: THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM WAS POINTED OUT TO ME IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
Super Mario 3D Land is fun but I found myself imagining how much more a Super Mario Galaxy 3DS title would've been the better way to go. The gameplay is fun, but somewhat has the "been there-done that" feel to it. This would've been the perfect game to debut with the system and should've been included with it. This game almost makes you feel forced to use the 3D mode in some levels whereas the other games that have come out only make the 3D effect seem more like a gimmick, but a beautiful gimmick it is.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2011 11:14 PM PST

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Offered by Dream Kitty
Price: $48.99
135 used & new from $41.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Again, June 21, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Just as fun and frustrating as I remember the N64 original! Only problem is playing it in 3D. It's pretty rough on my eyes so I just watch a lot of the cut scenes in 3D to absorb the beauty. I still can't believe this wasn't a launch title!
HIGHLY recommended!