Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Hootenanny > Reviews

Browse

Hootenanny's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hootenanny RSS Feed

Nordic Pure 18x25x1 MERV 10 Pleated AC Furnace Air Filter, Box of 6
Nordic Pure 18x25x1 MERV 10 Pleated AC Furnace Air Filter, Box of 6
Price: $42.19
6 used & new from $36.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Small :(, July 11, 2012
It was only after I received these and installed one that I realized the actual dimensions are 17.5 x 24.5 x 3/4. There is too much space around the filter. My bad for choosing 1-click ordering I guess, but why would you put 18x25x1 in the product title, if that's not the actual measurement?! So bummed.

BISSELL Healthy Home Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Bagless, 12 Amp, 16N5
BISSELL Healthy Home Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Bagless, 12 Amp, 16N5

4.0 out of 5 stars Good vacuum, good customer service, May 30, 2012
I've had this vacuum for nearly 2 years, so I decided it was time to give a review.

PROS: It has great suction, and it's maintained that suction for almost 2 years.
I love the Turbo Brush attachment. It makes my stairs look like new every time.
The cord length is really generous; I have 2600+ square foot home with large rooms, and I can plug this in the hallway & hit most of the rooms. We have 18 stairs, and I can plug the vacuum in at the bottom landing, and not have to unplug it until I'm all the way up the stairs.

The CONS: It's heavy! Not sure how much it weighs exactly, but it's heavy enough to dock a star from my review.
The container can be a bit messy to empty completely. Some dusty chunks stick to the inside. I just put on a rubber glove and wipe it all out.

Also, regarding customer service: After a month of use, my beloved turbo brush quit spinning! The suction was great from the main bottom brush of the vacuum, but using the attachment, the suction, well, sucked. After checking the hoses & filters, I called customer service & let them know how disappointed I was. They offered a few tips on things I could check (which I already had), and said they would send me a free replacement turbo brush to see if that would work. The customer service rep then asked if I had checked the bottom hose connection. (?!) I didn't realize there was a separate hose connection at the very bottom of the vacuum, near the wheel. He walked me through how to get it off. Sure enough, there was the culprit: A makeup brush I had been looking for! It was clogging that area, so no attachments would work very well. After removing the brush & cleaning the crud out of that connection, the vacuum was good as new!
It's another testament to the power of the vacuum, that it picked up that brush...

I would recommend this vacuum with the caution that it is heavy, although easy to push. Just not very easy to lug up & down stairs.

Safety 1st 2 Pair No-Scratch Mittens
Safety 1st 2 Pair No-Scratch Mittens

5.0 out of 5 stars They stay on!, April 25, 2012
We have two young boys - baby & toddler. We've tried a lot of mittens and these are the only ones that stay on! I'm purchasing my second set today.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Why so expensive?, December 19, 2011
You can get these for 29.99 at Target's website. Why on earth are they nearly three times the cost on here? Sheesh.

Pampers  Extra Protection Diapers Size 4 Super Pack 80 Count
Pampers Extra Protection Diapers Size 4 Super Pack 80 Count
Offered by Box O' Mart
Price: $39.51
2 used & new from $39.51

1.0 out of 5 stars Exploded in the Crib! Gross!, December 6, 2011
When our son (age 15 months) started leaking at night, we tried these diapers. I was horrified when, after the first night, we woke up to find that the diaper had literally exploded - burst open at the seams - and the absorbent gel material was EVERYWHERE: crib, sheets, pacifier, my son's NOSE... GROSS. We are now using a more "huggable" overnight brand without a single leak.

Huggies OverNites Diapers, Size 5, Big Pack, 52 Count
Huggies OverNites Diapers, Size 5, Big Pack, 52 Count
Offered by GablesGator92
Price: $32.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the Competition, December 6, 2011
Thank you Huggies! My 15-month-old son started leaking bigtime, just at night. After a Premium comPetitor's overnight diaper literally exploded all over his crib, we tried Huggies Overnights in size 5. Have not had a leak since! Yes, these are pricey, but SO worth it.

With our little boy, it helps to make sure the diaper is pulled higher in front, tightly secured. While he normally wears size 4 during the day, using a size 5 diaper at night seems to do the trick. Hope this helps, and good luck to you!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars They're sending the WRONG BATTERY, September 28, 2011
Yep, I wish I'd taken notice of the first review for this item. Couldn't figure out why the battery was just a tad too big for my Samsung M300, when it looked exactly like the old battery. The answer: The model number on the battery they're shipping is AB553446BA, NOT AB043446LA as the Samsung M-Series phones require.

SAMSUNG! GET YOUR LABELS RIGHT PLEASE!

Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 25-count medical
Wondfo Pregnancy Test Strips, 25-count medical
Offered by Smiley Hope International (G128 LLC)
Price: $11.99
23 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Early detection, awesome price, July 20, 2011
I HIGHLY recommend buying these, instead of paying exponentially more on other tests.

If you purchase these, make sure you have some bathroom cups handy. You have to potty in the cup, then dip the strip.

I got these for less than $10 delivered, and they detected my pregnancy at 9 days past ovulation, or 5 days before my expected period! Very faint line at that time, but it was there. These strips performed neck & neck with First Response Early Result, which I used to confirm for peace of mind. Good luck to all the mommies-to-be!

Strathwood Rawley 48-Inch Round Dining Table
Strathwood Rawley 48-Inch Round Dining Table

1.0 out of 5 stars Disastrous!, May 14, 2011
Well, I was really jazzed about this table, but just tried to assemble it this morning. The holes weren't bored large enough to accommodate the bolts, nor were they bored evenly. This resulted in misalignment between the table legs and that center circle you see in the product photo. That meant we couldn't bolt anything together!

OH, and as an added bonus, the parts (bolts, washers, hex key) were scattered throughout the 4'x4' box. Whoever packed them obviously forgot to close the bag. Wasn't fun trying to hunt the parts down.