Profile for Billy Bob Brigmon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Billy Bob Brigmon RSS Feed (Ft. Worth, TX)

Reusable 2.0 K-cups Coffee Filter for 2.0 & 1.0 Brewers By Keurig + Free Coffee + Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by MetaShop
Price: $15.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Both Worlds, July 19, 2015
Very useful. Very easy to use. My wife and I have had two coffee makers because I didn't want to use her pods. After using this reusable K-cup for one week, we got rid of our traditional coffee maker and we use our Starbucks coffee in our Keurig machine - see photos. Quality product. Highly recommend.

ITIS Replacement Earpad Ear Pad Cushions for Bose Quietcomfort 2 QC2, Quietcomfort 15 QC15, Quietcomfort 25 QC25, Ae2, Ae2i , Ae2w Headphone with IT IS Headphone Cable Cord Clip
Offered by It is
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast delivery. Installed in less than one minute ..., June 14, 2015
Very fast delivery. Installed in less than one minute.

Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World
Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for senior leaders in large companies, April 24, 2015
This is a quick read - and should be mandatory for senior leaders in large companies. I particularly liked Kotter's thoughts on the difference between management and leadership. Management = efficiently doing the things we know how to do well. Leadership = changing people and their organizations so they can leap into a different and better future. Highly recommend.

Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Aspirational and practical, April 18, 2015
This book manages to find a balance between describing aspirational capabilities for an ideal People Operations organization and practical tips for how to start improving right away. Highly recommend.

Leading Change, With a New Preface by the Author
Leading Change, With a New Preface by the Author
Price: $15.30

5.0 out of 5 stars timeless. classic., March 15, 2015
I've skipped over this book for years because I assumed it was either too dated...or too academic. I finally bought it yesterday and completely finished within 24 hours. It was the opposite of what I expected - still very relevant and the advice it offers is very practical. I highly recommend.

The War of Art
The War of Art
Price: $9.94

5.0 out of 5 stars An All-Time Favorite, March 8, 2015
This review is from: The War of Art (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot of books. This is one of my all-time favorites - an absolute inspiration for doing your best work. My kindle is tired from all of the highlighting and bookmarking I did while reading this one! Thank you, Steven.

Yes, And: How Improvisation Reverses "No, But" Thinking and Improves Creativity and Collaboration--Lessons from The Second City
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected business treasure, March 5, 2015
Read the entire book in less than twenty four hours. I loved it and highlighted like crazy in my Kindle. Great ideas for igniting innovation in any business.

Buyer Legends: The Executive Storyteller's Guide
Buyer Legends: The Executive Storyteller's Guide
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Read over lunch...Implement ideas same day, December 19, 2014
Business books are usually about taking three pages of useful information and then adding two hundred more pages of fluff. You can read this book over your lunch break, but it's filled with useful ideas that you can put to work immediately. Well done. I expect to reference this book often.

Swagger: 10 Urgent Rules for Raising Boys in an Era of Failing Schools, Mass Joblessness, and Thug Culture
by Lisa Bloom
54 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Get your highlighter ready!, May 11, 2012
I highly recommend this book for all parents.

I wasn't expecting to get as much out of this book as I did -- some of the excerpts/reviews I read focused on dangers that I don't fear as much for my son. However, my Kindle version of this book is now littered with hundreds of highlights.

This book makes a particularly compelling case for limiting "screen time" - time spent in front of TVs, video games, etc. - "By the time the average US boy starts elementary school he will have seen eight thousand murders and one hundred thousand acts of violence on TV as well as countless representations of manhood as being swaggering, criminal, loveless, and cold."

Bloom's chapters on Mass Incarceration and the state of Education are also powerful indictments against both.

This book can be somewhat depressing and uncomfortable -- which hopefully spurs many people to take action. I know I've been inspired to act.

My Boyfriends' Dogs
My Boyfriends' Dogs
by Dandi Daley Mackall
66 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loved it! - great birthday gift for friends!, February 26, 2010
This review is from: My Boyfriends' Dogs (Hardcover)
My daughter loved this book and we'll be gifting it to her friends! Love Dandi's books!