Profile for Max Jedda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Max Jedda RSS Feed

Part # 279838 or 398064 or 3403585 Genuine Factory Oem Original Clothes Dryer Heater Heating Element for Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, Roper, Estate, Sears and Admiral.
Offered by Free_Shipping_LLC
Price: $35.50
11 used & new from $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 31, 2014
This is a perfect drop in replacement for the unit that failed. Got my drier up and running again.

Fanny (1961) [ Blu-Ray, Reg.A/B/C Import - Germany ]
Fanny (1961) [ Blu-Ray, Reg.A/B/C Import - Germany ]
DVD ~ Leslie Caron
Offered by DaaVeeDee
Price: $28.68
4 used & new from $22.98

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, August 31, 2014
The copy I received did not play in my US Blu-Ray player. It was returned.

GreenWorks 22272 G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Pole Hedge Trimmer with 2ah battery and charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful Garden Trimmer, June 29, 2014
I bought this unit because of its long reach so that I could trim tall bushes without a ladder or by using a ladder less. After using this hedge trimmer for a little over a month, it has become by standard trimmer for low bushes as well as tall ones.

I was at first skeptical about buying a battery operated trimmer; I've seen very weak ones in the past and have generally stayed with units that have a cord. But this hedge trimmer is very strong, very sharp and the battery lasts a long time. Not that setting up an extension cord is a difficult task, but I just don't have to do that any more. And there is no danger to cut a cord accidentally and have to repair it.

So I just grab the trimmer, plug in the battery (which I store separately), take off the supplied blade shield and I'm ready to go. I used it on and off for a month and the battery level was down to 50% so I recharged it, but I probably could have waited to do that. I have a 2 ampere-hour battery.

Siemens VC30BLKB 30-Amp Bottom Fed VersiCharge Electric Vehicle Charger
Siemens VC30BLKB 30-Amp Bottom Fed VersiCharge Electric Vehicle Charger
2 used & new from $1,827.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install EV Charging Station, June 29, 2014
I bought this bottom fed Siemens EV Charging Station to charge my Fiat 500e and it has worked out very well. It should be able to support any EV with a J1772 interface connector that has a 6.6KW charger. The J1772 is the industry standard unless you own a Tesla, where an adapter cable is required.

I had an electrician install a NEMA 6-50 receptacle and a 40 amp circuit breaker, both required by the Siemens manual, mounted the unit on the wall in my garage and plugged it in. The Siemens charging station went through a start-up sequence for a few seconds, and it was ready to charge the car.

One of the reasons I bought this was the programmable charge delay feature - 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours. Even though I still think that's a nice feature, it turns out I don't use that since the Fiat 500e can be programmed to only start charging during off-peak times. We just plug the Siemens connector into the car when we're through driving for the day and the car initiates charging sometime during the night. No hassles! In the morning, I just unplug the connector and wrap the cord around the body of the unit to keep it out of the way.

The cable from the Siemens charging station to the car also impressed me, as a retired electrical engineer. It uses a high flex stranded cable from a cable company that I recognize (three #10AWG and 1 #18AWG). High flex cable is made from a larger number of smaller wires and is more flexible than standard stranded cable; they both have the same total copper cross sectional area to achieve the current carrying capacity. This cable will be coiled and uncoiled a lot over time, and having high flex cable should add to its reliability.

Even though Siemens is a German company, this unit is assembled in the US.

American Standard 7881.732.099 Hampton 8-Inch Widespread Lavatory Faucet with Metal Lever Handles, Polished Brass

5.0 out of 5 stars Just A Good Product, March 8, 2013
I bought two of these to replace the faucets in the master bathroom. It's hard (impossible) to find polished brass faucets in the local hardware stores. This unit is very similar to an American Standard faucet I replaced over 10 years ago which still still looks and works great. So I'm betting that the quality is the same. The instructions are good and the parts have a good solid feel to them - no cheap plastic parts with a fake brass finish.

Wolverine F2D14 14 MP 35mm Slides and Negatives to Digital Image Converter
Wolverine F2D14 14 MP 35mm Slides and Negatives to Digital Image Converter
Offered by CLIQnGO
Price: $89.99
9 used & new from $65.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Not Worth It, February 26, 2012
I bought the Wolverine F2D14 to scan 35mm slides that are 30-50 years old and be able to preserve the old memories. I like the compactness of the product, the speed of operation and the fact that this is really a camera taking a picture of the slide and has no moving parts (other than the manually operated slide carrier). And I liked the 14 MP size of the resultant image - this would allow cropping some of those old photos and still have adequate resolution. However, I have used this unit to convert about 75 slides and I'm sufficiently disappointed in the quality and consistency of the images that the Wolverine F2D14 has been returned.

I like the fact that there is exposure compensation by setting the EV numbers over a +/- 2 EV range for brighter or darker images, but this really doesn't work well for darker images.

If your slides are well lit with a good tonal range, this unit will work adequately. But if they are a little dark and have contrast, this unit will not provide a proper copy. The light intensity is not sufficient to illuminate a darker slide sufficiently so that the internal camera can capture the image adequately. And the light intensity is not completely uniform - the center is brighter than the outer edges - this mostly shows up on darker images but also on well-lighted images when compared to the projected picture. Sometimes, the internal camera is fooled by its automatic settings and the color fidelity is compromised.

The fidelity of the digitized image is disappointing when it is compared with the projected slide image in a darkened room. I can fix some of these things in Photoshop, but some of these issues are beyond fixing.

My old slides are too important to digitize them with mediocre results just to say that I've done it.

I still don't know what I will use to convert these slides to digital. It will probably be a much larger and slower flatbed scanner that can accommodate slides.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 4:52 PM PST