Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Frank Smith > Reviews

Browse

Frank Smith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Frank Smith RSS Feed (Kentucky, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Xblades [Download]
Xblades [Download]
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars No Steam Key, December 18, 2012
Whatever on the game, but no steam key. You'll have to use amazon's downloader.

Just to be clear, you get no steam key. I'll be updating this review when I get the time to play through the game, but just wanted it out there in visible review form that you do not get a steam key with this purchase.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2013 12:36 PM PDT

Logitech 910-002951 M325 Wireless Mouse - Coral Fan
Logitech 910-002951 M325 Wireless Mouse - Coral Fan
7 used & new from $11.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Good lord the gloss!, December 17, 2012
This is a logitech mouse. That means:

This is a well made product.
The mouse has good ergonomics.
The mouse has quality of life features such as the convenience of storing the receiver in the mouse when not in use.

However, there are a few things about this mouse that seem like a step backwards from the m305 mouse.

The wheel is really easy to move. It's not good for what I use mice for(gaming), but for just regular browsing I find it to be alright. To give you an idea of what I mean, you wouldn't be able to accidentally move it but if you flick the thing it will roll for a second. It doesn't shift when you middle click, but I don't think you'd get precision turns out of it for selecting items with the wheel in a FPS.

Also, the left and right movements on the wheel are now back and forward, mouse 4&5, instead of being scroll left and scroll right. Some people might like this, I don't.

And lastly, the gloss finish is a lot worse than I thought it would be. It makes the mouse pretty much unusable for me.

Overall, it's a well built mouse with a few drawbacks when compared to the m305. If you get one, be sure to get a regular colored one to ensure that you avoid the gloss, and if you have the option, grab a m305 instead.

Paradox Majesty Franchise [Download]
Paradox Majesty Franchise [Download]
Price: $99.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun game for 10 bucks, November 30, 2012
Getting everything in the bundle for 10 bucks is a steal. There's one expansion pack that's not included because it's steam only for now, but that's 3 bucks. If you like the civ 5 style but wanted a wizard take on it, then this game is exactly what you need.

Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse, Black
Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
79 used & new from $30.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Size really DOES matter, I guess..., November 14, 2012
The top reviewer had this to say:
"
Size:
- They are both the same size with one slight exception, the Naga you place your ring finger next to the mouse and use it as part of your 'grip'.
- The place your finger is on is extended on the G600 to be an actual button your finger rests on.
- THIS is the major 'comfort' difference between the two mice and where I see a lot of complaints.
"

The shape of the side keys are big issue too, but this is the main reason not to buy this mouse. It's heavier than the naga, and that ring finger button dramatically changes how you hold the mouse. If you like the feel of the naga like me, then you're going to hate this mouse.

The side buttons are useless, I can reach all of them on the naga with a bit of effort, but the ones on this beast require me to stop what I'm doing and feel around. Especially those top corner buttons, they just feel too small.

That's my 2 cents, I didn't like mine so I returned it. Guess I have to by another Naga.

Borderlands 2 Pirate's Booty DLC [Download]
Borderlands 2 Pirate's Booty DLC [Download]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good expansion, especially for 10 bucks., October 21, 2012
I beat this expansion, finishing it after the main campaign, at level 35 as Axton. Lets go through a quick pros/cons list:

Pros:
*It's a new area*
*New vehicle(and it's awesome!)*
*Characters are 4/5(they're better than the main campaign's characters(seriously, does anyone think Scooter took more than 2 minutes to invent?))*
*New enemies that have different movesets*
*More easter eggs*
*A different palette was used to make the world(chests are different, textures, buildings, etc)*
*Some good loot*
*Storyline that takes a fair amount of time to progress through*
*Different environments; Nearly every map felt completely different*
*The rat people npc that covers its face while walking at you and takes A MILLION BULLETS TO KILL is nowhere to be seen, and they don't do that crap anywhere in this expansion(thank god)*
*There are more opportunities to farm items than in the Borderlands 2 main campaign*

Cons:
*Was more demanding on my computer. I had to turn PhysX down to medium to avoid stutter from bullet spatter. This could be due to the differences in map sizes(most are huge) or textures* EDIT: This has been patched. Running on max again without issues.
*Some of the bosses are really easy*
*Most of the unique items from quest rewards are garbage. There's the god-sniper-rifle and then a bunch of items with horrendous side-effect-drawbacks. Like the relic that gives you health per kill but cuts your last stand time to zilch. Why?*
*The vehicle is great, but it wasn't used enough. It gets introduced and then serves no real purpose outside of one race event(though I suppose that's a problem with Borderlands 2 in general)*
*The ending was alright, but I didn't feel like enough was resolved*
*Although the story seems interesting while you're in the thick of it, after completing it you'll realize that it's ultimately a giant fetch quest with twists you see coming a mile away*

Now that we're done with that I have one last point to make:

Oh man was this a great DLC. There was maybe 20 minutes of drag during the 6-8 hours it took to get through it. I'm a difficult person to impress and I found this to be simply fantastic.

Dell 65W AC Power Adapter Charger For Dell Inspiron 1525, 1526, PP29L Laptop Notebook Computers
Offered by Power777
Price: $17.45
14 used & new from $10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars It works, but I think it ruined my laptop battery., October 17, 2012
This product works, it supplies power to my laptop, but I think it may have worked a number on my laptop's battery.

It could be a huge coincidence that my laptop's battery can only hold about 10 minutes worth of charge now, but I sincerly believe that the charger is responsible.

I don't think this is an original, dell manufactured product, but I have no real proof. Just take the 60 dollar hit and order one straight from dell if you need to replace your power supply.

The Borderlands 2 Season Pass [Download]
The Borderlands 2 Season Pass [Download]
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Only includes campaigns, October 17, 2012
Unlike previous season passes, this season pass does not include all of the game's dlc. I thought that was the point of a season pass, you're giving the developers a big boost in cash now instead of buying them 1 at a time as they come out. You're throwing the developers a bone and they throw one back. Edit for clarification: $30 today is worth more than $40 next year.

But no, that's not the way it is anymore.

The 5th class is not included in the season pass, and, as far as I know, no new costumes, classes, or other non-campaign content will be included. Those will be separate downloads, probably costing 10.00 each.

How much do they expect you to pay for borderlands 2? Right now the game is 100 bucks if you pay full price for everything.

0/10, would not recommend to a friend.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 9:47 PM PDT

Diablo III Signature Series Guide
Diablo III Signature Series Guide
by Rick Barba
Price: $21.99
135 used & new from $1.53

2.0 out of 5 stars Great info on monsters, mediocre or poor on everything else, May 24, 2012
Let me be clear in that this is a 443 full-color book that is simply beautiful. The feel of the cover and pages could not have been done better.

Having said that, if I have to look up something online then this book has ultimately failed in its purpose.

The strategy guide does the monsters perfectly, and it is where the 2 stars come from, but everything else has flaws...

The storyline section does not tell you where to get the books for the achievements, despite being set up in a way that would have made it simple to do. Some books only appear for the duration of one quest, so it would have been nice to have that information in the pages rather than having to look it up online.

The character information is done better on a website that I have seen. They give a good description for each skill and tell the levels for everything, but there is no summary page. Not having a simple page that goes from 1 to 60 telling what skills and runes are unlocked on every level makes the guide useless. The game itself does a better job of making the information readily available than this book.

The items section is another area that is great, but ultimately meaningless. The auction house has the functions that enable you to set the parameters of your search, meaning that you don't have to know that the grim affix gives 41-50% bonus damage. The information is all presented perfectly, but the game itself makes it useless to have in print form.

The tradeskill section is great, but they are out of date. The levels on crafted items are all off by a few levels and some of the requirements to level are wrong. I like this section because it does get all of the item types correct, but everything should have been correct. They were wrong at launch. They detail every unique item and set piece, and from what I've seen, it is all correct.

The achievements section is great but I've never found myself wanting to use it. I just press Y in game and look through them there.

The intro section that tells new players about the game is actually one of the best intros I've ever seen. The game's tips are not as good as this guide's starter section, but I would guess that most people won't use either system.

Oh, and it doesn't give any information at all on the cow level. None.

All in all, the guide is a good collection of information, and the monster section is definitely good to have, but it is hard to justify 22 dollars for this. All of the information you would seek in this book is already uploaded to a diablofans thread anyways. The book is good, but as with any printed media it will become out of date as the game gets updated. Send bradygames an email saying you want the epub version asap and that you want it updated regularly. Buy that version, for kindle (^_^) when they make it available and as always, have fun!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 7:08 AM PST

Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic)
Acer Iconia Tab A500-10S16u 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Aluminum Metallic)
17 used & new from $112.03

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tablet, but a sad development, January 1, 2012
Giving this tablet 4 stars because after 12 days of use I have acquired a single dead pixel. After a lengthy conversation with an acer representative I have learned that acer's policy is that you're boned until you have more than 4 dead pixels. Here is a link to what I was given.
[...]%20pixel/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyNTQ1MDg3My9zaWQvWWhsdjc0Tms%3D
This issue makes me sad because otherwise I could not be more pleased with this purchase. The wifi could be slightly better, but other than that the tablet is perfect. It has only acted laggy once, which was when I had the WoW Armory app open while trying to watch netflix. Closed the armory app and everything went back to being buttery smooth. This is a very good purchase, but buy it from walmart. They have a 15 day return policy specifically for this tablet, and that could save you significant funds on mailing the tablet back to acer, and could prevent you from dealing with a bad screen.
Oh, and the full size usb is great, I plug up an xbox 360 controller and go to town in lego harry potter via OnLive. Simply fantastic.

Razer Carcharias Over Ear PC Gaming Headset
Razer Carcharias Over Ear PC Gaming Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headset I've bought yet, November 8, 2011
Lets make 2 things clear from the get go
1. YOU personally don't have the ear needed to tell a difference in sound quality(when the margin is small) or else you'd have a career in music.
2. Headsets designed for gaming must be comfortable.

After my previous headset started to rattle on bass in the right earcup I decided to look around for a new headset for gaming. After a LOT of research, I bought a set of tritton pros. The sound was alright but the limitations of toslink made them useless for gaming (trebles scratched very noticeably). They worked for pc gaming until the microphone busted on me, but thankfully I had a "anything goes" warranty from best buy. Best 30 bucks I've ever spent, because I got a gift card refund for a product I had used for nearly two years.
After a lot of research and testing I made the decision that virtual surround was fine, and for music it IS better to have two big speakers instead of 8 small ones. I tried to go wireless with a logitech g930, but they started dropping bass sounds after 2 days of use, and, to be honest, were not all that comfortable. They were well made, and wireless was neat, but they simply lacked the quality I sought from a headset.
Next up I tried to the audio technica ad700s, and let me tell you, audiophiles need to go away. From my experience with headphones, they all sound the same until you get above 1500 bucks, but then I can attribute that to my lack of a good ear for discrete sounds. Even at 1500+ nothing will ever sound as good as set of large speakers, so we're back to "how comfy are they?" The audio technica headphones tried a different approach to the headstrap, which did not pay off. They slipped off constantly, and that's with my big melon of a head. Bad design, no noticeable increase in sound quality.
Finally, I tried these. The Carcharias is easily the most comfortable headset I've ever used. The cushion is perfect, and on the inside of the headset there is another cushion ring for your ears. When I felt that with my fingers I fell in love. I think they look rather snazzy too, but that's not a real big selling point for a lot of people. One huge improvement over the trittons I owned is the inline volume control. The trittons are powered, real surround sound headphones, meaning the cable is very thick. The cable and volume control for these headphones are as light as they come, and do not bother me at all.
Oh, and the sound and mic work fine too. =D

Page: 1 | 2 | 3