Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for SCF > Reviews

Browse

SCF's Profile

Customer Reviews: 108

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SCF "Software Developer" RSS Feed (Denver, CO United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Steelgrip TA5105 Pick Up Tool, 36"
Steelgrip TA5105 Pick Up Tool, 36"
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $20.95
8 used & new from $18.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It just feels like it was built very robustly and wont' snap under ..., July 29, 2016
This is the strongest grabber I've used. It just feels like it was built very robustly and wont' snap under a good amount of weight. Unfortunately, the "grabber" part is so awful that it won't really *hold* anything. Everything just slips right through it and it doesn't work well at all at "deft grabbing". It has absolutely no grip. If it's something fairly big and very light - say wadded up notebook paper, it'll pick that up. But let's say a mayo jar full of nuts and bolts? Nope. That'll slip right through.I could drag a half gallon milk jug in my direction, scooting it along a surface, but if I tried to pick it up, it'd just slip right out of the grip.

The other options out there keep breaking on me. I bought a pair that lasted several years. Then I went back and bought exactly the same ones -- and one broke taking it out of the box. The other broke later that day. However,they do actually have grip. I could pick up a pingpong ball. I could pick up a can of soda. I could grab a half gallon jug of milk. I could grab a sheet of paper off the floor - wadded up or not.

In short, great build quality but no practical use. I've already bought a replacement and won't continue to use this.

Area 51
Area 51
DVD
Price: $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Paranormal Activity Will No Longer Be the Dumbest Film You Have Watched, September 18, 2015
This review is from: Area 51 (Amazon Video)
Area 51 is not burdened by the need to tell a complete story, resolve any plot-holes, or answer any questions and its big scare is the potential for spooky aliens, which is only slightly less absurd than the big scare being ghosts. The vaguest seed of a potentially compelling idea is absolutely squandered. After watching Area 51, the Paranormal Activity films will no longer be the dumbest movies you have watched.

Ettore 49036 Grip'n Grab Reach Tool, 32-Inch
Ettore 49036 Grip'n Grab Reach Tool, 32-Inch
Price: $16.14
32 used & new from $14.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Quality They Used to Be, September 14, 2015
We originally bought three of these to place around the house. They worked great with daily use for three years, but two recently broke (the third is still going strong). Six weeks ago, we bought two more to replace those. One broke five minutes out of the box and the other just broke, tonight, after six weeks.

Maxwell and Williams Sprinkle Sugar Bowl, Lime
Maxwell and Williams Sprinkle Sugar Bowl, Lime
2 used & new from $22.77

4.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Container for Sugar That looks Good., January 22, 2015
I've been on a loose tea kick and wanted something for the den to hold raw sugar. This works well. It holds a ton, looks good, isn't too dainty, and is easily washed. As long as the color and style works for your taste (or, like me, you don't really care), it does what it should do and there isn't anything to complain about. Especially at just above five bucks. This also goes great with a similarly colored and designed giant 15oz mug that the same company makes.

Solo White Heavyweight Spoons - 500 ct
Solo White Heavyweight Spoons - 500 ct
Offered by Connect Buy
Price: $15.06
31 used & new from $8.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Regular-use Spoon with Reasonable Durability., January 22, 2015
This review is from: Solo White Heavyweight Spoons
We use these in the den and home theater, where we don't want dishes to pile up or have to haul dishes up to the kitchen. They're sturdy and of decent quality. You won't be able to scoop out hard frozen ice cream with them, but they'll handle soup, oatmeal, eating ice cream from a bowl, baked potatoes, scooping cat food out of a can, and so on. If you try to manually break them with your fingers, it'll take a little less than the pressure you'd need to snap a #2 pencil but a lot more than it'd take to break a spoon meant just for stirring tea or taste testing ice cream at an ice cream parlor.

SE FL8403-10 10-LED Sensor Light
SE FL8403-10 10-LED Sensor Light
Price: $6.99
11 used & new from $6.34

2.0 out of 5 stars Two of These Devices Died after a Few Months, January 22, 2015
This was great, at first. I used it in the dark space that we placed the cat litter box. After a few months, it died. Not the batteries; the device, itself. And so did the second one we replaced it with (we got a two-pack). Next time, I'll spend a little more money and get something less disposable.

CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
CH Hanson 03040 Magnetic Stud Finder
Price: $7.39
41 used & new from $4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars My Neighbor Likes it; He's a Professional Framer With 30yrs Experience., January 22, 2015
I'm a software engineer, so when it comes to things in the physical world, it can be a little iffy. I hunted around for a decent stud-finder for a long time and toyed with the idea of all these $30-$100 complicated high tech stud finders. Eventually, I just wanted something simple and stumbled upon this with some fantastic reviews. I gave it a shot and it is amazing how simple and useful this tool is for under ten bucks.

In fact, my neighbor came over to help me install a mount for our home theater screen (it's large) and when I tossed him the stud finder, he thought it was really cool and wanted one for himself. I consider this worthy praise as he is a framer who owns his own company with about thirty years of experience. That a guy who builds walls and deals with studs all day thought this was a cool little utility says a lot. So, I bought him one.

I don't really see the point of these other more complex alternatives. All you need is a strong magnet with a bubble for leveling. That's it. It finds the nails in your stud and you're ready to get to work. Genius.

TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer - Win [Download]
Price: $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars If the IRS can gouge you, why can't we?!, January 12, 2015
I have used TurboTax for nearly my entire adult life. Now they want me to pay an extra $40 for the ability to fill out the investment income portion. Something that was always previously included in the cheaper version of TurboTax (and is still available in other tax software). This isn't some "high income elite feature". Investment income is something that presumably nearly everyone should have some of by a certain point in their life.

I'm getting tired of every service and product gouging me a bit here and a bit there. Same price, less product at the grocery store. More hidden fees on services. Lots of DRM and stripped features on tax software. Unacceptable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 8:44 PM PST

Brainwavz Peridot Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Brainwavz Peridot Headphone Stand - Suitable For All Headphone Sizes
Offered by Brainwavz Audio
Price: $18.50
33 used & new from $18.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative To The Wood Sieveking Omega At 1/5th the Price, December 30, 2014
I could not bring myself to spend nearly $200 USD for the original wooden German stand this is modeled after and I was hesitant to purchase any of the knock-offs. Not even the aluminum or plastic ones. Tired of not having a proper place for my AKG 712s, though, I gave these a shot. At $35 USD (when I bought them), they seemed a worthwhile risk. I was pleased to receive what is really a solid stand that is quiet good looking. In fact, I suspect i might prefer this even if next to the original high end wood one. It fits one pair of headphones very well - even large AGK 712s. It's not made for more than one set, though. It sits very sturdy on the desk and while it *may* break if you were to drop it from half a dozen feet up or more, I imagine it would be quite difficult to break, even if hit at just the right angle, from any normal desk height.

For the price I paid, this was really a no-brainer. Even that is a little spendy for the function it serves, but compared to similar options, it's reasonable. If I ever need a second stand and can get this for the same price, I won't hesitate.

SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Offered by Bishop's
Price: $7.16
39 used & new from $7.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Precision Mousing Surface; Cat Approved, October 29, 2014
This is a decent precision mouse pad. I've used my current pad for two years and it still has a lot of life left in it, despite some of the edges curling up from use. The only negative is that my cat took to liking it, so I had to buy a second one for him to avoid this one being damaged. Unfortunately, he didn't want his own; he wanted mine. So now I have one that he has caused some minor damage to with his claws and then a backup one to replace it when he has damaged this one too much. I almost want to get an aluminum-surfaced mousing pad just to spite him.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11