Profile for Sunny in DC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sunny in DC RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Shadow Hero
The Shadow Hero
by Gene Luen Yang
Price: $14.66
71 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic graphic novel!, March 26, 2015
This review is from: The Shadow Hero (Paperback)
My youngest daughter snatched it out of my hands as soon as she saw it. It was the best time in my life listening to her giggle, laugh out loud, and even gasp in horror throughout the entire reading. As soon as she was done, she immediately asked for the sequel. Pretty please, we need it now!!

Under a Painted Sky
Under a Painted Sky
by Stacey Lee
Price: $12.90
69 used & new from $7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Diverse Western? AWESOME!!, March 26, 2015
This review is from: Under a Painted Sky (Hardcover)
I am a huge western fan. My ringtone is The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. So when I heard about Stacey's book I almost couldn't contain my excitement. And that is usually a bad thing, cause nothing ever lives up to our expectations, right? Nope, totally wrong. This book not only lived up to it, it exceeded them by a 100 miles! Yes, that's how much I love this book. A Chinese and Black cowgirl on the run in the wild west? Where were you when I was little? When I finished this book, in one sitting, I closed it and literally said "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!" The very next day, I picked it up and reread the entire book. I'm hoping there is a sequel and I'm hoping it comes out soon because I want more.

Last Stop on Market Street
Last Stop on Market Street
by Matt De La Peña
Price: $13.15
61 used & new from $8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars ... my teenage kids sat and read it first and loved it so much, March 26, 2015
I bought this book for my niece and nephew but me and my teenage kids sat and read it first and loved it so much. Such a beautiful story, such a great message. I have to admit that I was teary at the end of this lovely story. I was so moved and touched by it.

Written in the Stars
Written in the Stars
by Aisha Saeed
Price: $13.92
76 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotionally Intense Reading Experience, March 26, 2015
This review is from: Written in the Stars (Hardcover)
I read this book in one sitting and cried my eyes out. And then couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterward. It is an emotionally intense book and I was deeply moved by Naila's fate. I thought the book was so well done and so beautifully written. I understood how the parents loved her and wanted the best for her - and yet they were so very wrong. There are no absolute villians. There are human people making really human mistakes and bad choices. Yes you hate them intensely, but they were real, they were human, and that is what makes this book stand out to me. I loved this book in all ways and I cannot wait for the next Aisha Saeed novel!!

Magic Marks the Spot (Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates)
Magic Marks the Spot (Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates)
by Caroline Carlson
Price: $15.51
71 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only do I love this book, but I now want a pet gargoyle!, September 11, 2013
This is a fantastic middle grade adventure perfect for girls and boys! It is hard not to love and root for our spunky main character, but when you throw in a very funny, talking gargolye into the story, it's hard not love this whole story! It's filled with action and intrigue and I can't wait for the sequel!

An Infidel in Paradise
An Infidel in Paradise
by S.J. Laidlaw
Price: $17.96
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and beautiful read, July 1, 2013
This review is from: An Infidel in Paradise (Hardcover)
What a beautifully written book that portrays fully the difficulties of being an outsider in a different culture. I love stories like this and it is clear that the author's personal experiences as the descriptions are compelling and touching and extremely well done. This is a wonderful book and I hope more people pick up this little gem for an inside look into another world.

The Flame in the Mist
The Flame in the Mist
by Kit Grindstaff
Price: $14.36
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful fantasy!!!, June 21, 2013
This review is from: The Flame in the Mist (Hardcover)
If you love fantasy and a strong heroine than please put this on your list! These are the types of books I love to buy for my daughters! A great read with a fantastic main character on a dangerous journey and a superb setting! I wanted more as soon as I was finished. And that is a sign of a great read!

Maid of Secrets (Maids of Honor)
Maid of Secrets (Maids of Honor)
by Jennifer McGowan
Price: $14.07
104 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent READ!!!, May 10, 2013
I may be biased because I tend to love historical fiction and especially Elizabethan era, but this is truly a fantastic read! And the best compliment I can give it is that it reminds me of Grave Mercy by RL LaFevers, which is one of my absolute favorite books. It is not a copycat. It is original and layered and has a terrific female MC. If you like historical fiction then you will LOVE Maid of Secrets!

The Key & the Flame
The Key & the Flame
by Claire M. Caterer
Price: $16.62
88 used & new from $0.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully imaginative book that will delight all ages!, May 1, 2013
This review is from: The Key & the Flame (Hardcover)
This is fantastic read with a strong cast of truly likeable characters in an imaginary land that you want to return to again and again! I bought it for my daughter and ended up reading it into the night because I couldn't stop reading. It is a true delight and I hope there are more books coming!!

Vengeance Bound
Vengeance Bound
by Justina Ireland
Price: $15.98
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love a good revenge novel, but this is so much more!, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Vengeance Bound (Hardcover)
When I started the ARC of Vengeance Bound, I only meant to take a look at the first chapter. I wasn't even sitting comfortably. 3 hours later my butt was completely numb and I found out I had been sitting on a polly pocket doll the entire time. I had no idea that's how engrossed in this book I was. Here's a book with a strong female lead who is absolutely a tortured mess, and I loved her! And my gosh the Furies were just AWESOME! To be honest, I love a good revenge novel, but it is more than that, and that is what makes it such a gripping compelling read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5