Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for G. Uhl > Reviews

Browse

G. Uhl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 614

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Uhl "Allons-y, ... and don't blink." RSS Feed (PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Songbird Essentials Heated Birdbath
Songbird Essentials Heated Birdbath
Offered by WebsBestStores
Price: $101.99
14 used & new from $84.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to keep clean all year round., May 10, 2016
I used this through one fall/winter/spring season so far. I am really happy with the way it looks and especially with how easy it is to keep the plastic tray clean. It's shallow so you have to attend to it every few days to add water and when it needs a cleaning I just use a scrub brush and in a few seconds it's clean. Couldn't be easier and trust me i'm lazy with these sorts of tasks. It stayed open all winter long. We ran an extension cord over there and now that it's spring we just unplugged the cord. The wood is easy to keep clean too. Very happy with this purchase.

Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed the ultimate test!, April 26, 2016
Decided to go on vacation - UH OH - Game of Thrones season six is premiering while we are away! Shock! Horror! Sheer panic! We thought we'd give the Fire TV Stick a try. We've all heard wild tales of HBO GO, or HBO NOW, being impossible to get on while Thrones is on. I admit I was more than a little worried. But when 10 pm came around, we were on, and this Fire Stick worked like a BOSS. No trouble at all!!! It worked awesomely. YouTube is easy to navigate, and all of the other streaming features are easily accessible. I think I love this thing.

Gardner Bender HTP-1010 Repair Tape All Purpose, Silicone Self-sealing, 1-Inch Wide X 10-Feet Long X 20 mil Thick, Black
Price: $8.23
27 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually WORKS, September 2, 2015
Our home was built in 1960, and much to our dismay, one day, the copper pipe in the basement that carries all waste water out, started leaking along the bottom. Called the plumber, $700 later, he replaced half of the pipe. 6 months later, the next section started leaking. I bought this tape, being skeptical it would actually work. WOW. It WORKS. Wrapped the leaky part with tape and no leaks, and it's been over a week now. Yep, I'll get the plumber in to fix the whole thing, but so great to know this works terrifically as a DIY repair. EXCELLENT product.

BRAVEN BRV-Pro Wireless Bluetooth Speaker [15 Hours][Waterproof] Built-In 2200 mAh Power Bank Charger - Black / Silver / Cyan
Price: $149.99
15 used & new from $114.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect speaker for the patio and car camping (solar charger costs extra), June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This speaker has some weight to it so it's not good for back packing but it would be awesome for car camping and it's perfect for the patio.

You have to charge it via an outlet with usb charger or with a computer unless you buy the solar charger that gets attached to the top of the unit.

There are lights that show the amount of charge left. The unit makes a noise when it's turned on and off.

The speaker quality is fine for background music while eating outside. It might not be loud enough to help out for a super loud pool party.

It looks really cool. Like the Subaru of speakers.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable Everyday Basic Kitchen Jacquard Dishtowels, 18 x 28", Set of 3 - Fleur De Lis
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fancy, go with everything, not the most absorbent, wrinkle, June 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This towel set looks awesome in the kitchen. Very fancy. They go with any color scheme kitchen. They are fine for drying hands and if you dry dishes with them they will not leave lint behind, they look and feel like a proper dish towel but they not very absorbent for drying dishes. Eventually the water soaks into the towel but you have to take some extra time.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful. Great speaker. Fun. Except when you're drunk...., June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
I have have my echo for a few months.

I am listening to more music than ever because it is so easy to ask Alexa to play songs or playlists. I pay spotify and I can play spotify through the echo but more often I am accessing Amazon prime music and music from my Amazon cloud which has every song I've ever bought from Amazon on cd or a record album ( they automatically give you an electronic copy of all that)

The whole family uses Alexa to add items to the store list. Even family members who are worried about the rise of the machines like the store list feature. I keep the hand held remote control at the other end of the house so I can items when I'm out of her range. Then at the grocery store you open the echo app and check off the items. Or you can order them through Amazon through the app. ( it's definitely an Amazon shopping portal but that's ok by me )

I love the news briefing feature which can be customized.

The weather forecast is perfect. Accurate and just the information you need.

Alexa is easier to talk to than Siri but Alexa only knows Wikipedia and you have to ask questions in a certain way to get the information you want. We find she is getting better at this data retrieval task.

I ask her to read my book to me and my audible book starts off where I left off ( in the audible voice ). Then my phone knows that she read some and takes over at that spot.

In the winter I used the traffic feature.

I recently found that she could not pronounce the name of a nearby town and so I emailed Amazon through the echo app and they emailed back that they are teaching her that word. ( this showed me the need for the slow roll out process )

I'd like to have another echo at work. I'm not sure when we can start buying additional units.

I talk really fast but Alexa can usually understand what I'm saying except when happy hour gets carried away then forget about it. She can't understand me at all after a couple drinks.

It's fun to talk to her about random things to see what she has learned. We just discovered that she knows the Game of Thrones. She'll quote Star Trek lines to you if you say "live long and prosper". She knows some famous movie one liners. She can tell jokes.

She can reorder stuff for you from Amazon if you've already ordered it once before. You can buy songs through her.

The quality of the speaker itself is very nice. You just ask her to turn herself up or down for volume control.

Basically I'm over the moon with this thing.

one night I was on my way to bed saying the usual good nights to the family and the dogs and on a lark I said "Alexa, good night" she said " don't let the bed bugs bite". Cracked me up.

We changed our wifi router and she knew she wasn't connected any more and told me what to do to fix her. ( this stuff all freaks my wife out but I think it's great )

Bottom line, if you have an Amazon prime account you will cetainly get your money's worth out of this just with the music selection.

Pre De Provence No. 63 Hair and Body Wash
Pre De Provence No. 63 Hair and Body Wash
Price: $14.00
8 used & new from $12.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice aroma. Ok for men or women, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Clean scent, not too perfumy or flowery but also not too old spice either. Shampoo lathers up very well. Rinses off your hair and body easily. Not lotion like, more liquid like.

Pre De Provence Pierrevert Luxe Soap
Pre De Provence Pierrevert Luxe Soap
Offered by countrymudd
Price: $11.99
10 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice lather and lotion, June 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really big bar of soap. Seems like the heft of two regular size bars I'd say. It lathers quick. It makes your skin soft but you really really have to rinse off well in the shower, a quick rinse leaves soap residue. The aroma of the soap is great in the shower, fine for man or woman, and afterwards your skin does not retain the scent of the soap.

The Beer Wench's Guide to Beer: An Unpretentious Guide to Craft Beer
The Beer Wench's Guide to Beer: An Unpretentious Guide to Craft Beer
by Ashley V. Routson
Price: $15.31
74 used & new from $2.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Full service beer and food guide, consider kindle version, humorous, June 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife is a home brewer. I am a daily craft brew drinker. (You only have 3 seconds to make a first impression so I'm trying to establish why I think I am so wise in the ways of beer and qualified to review things dealing with beer and wenches)

My wife follows this author's web postings. I'd never heard of her before this book. The writing is very funny. The book is easy to understand and I think it is put together in a useful manner.

This book does not have recipes for making beer. It has recipes for cocktails that have beer as an ingredient. It has recipes for food cooked with beer as an ingredient and it discusses beer and food pairings. As I read the book I found myself dog earring many pages containing recipes.

This is one book where I'm inclined to recommend considering the kindle version. So when you're out at a brew pub you have the information at your finger tips and when cooking recipes you can set up your electronic device to view the book. Also the author should consider putting together an app that has all this data.

I think this is a great gift for anyone new to craft beer, or anyone who already loves craft beer. Very nice photos. Nice balance of information and very approachable.

Fisher-Price Power Wheels Chrome Dune Racer [Amazon Exclusive]
Fisher-Price Power Wheels Chrome Dune Racer [Amazon Exclusive]
Price: $288.17
2 used & new from $288.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight but quality toy. Assembly required. Battery needs a day to charge before first use., June 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Took an hour to assemble. You are supposed to let the battery charge for 18 hours before using it the first time. I charged it for 16 and it seemed to work fine. You can't let the battery on the charger for longer than 30 hours at a time.

There are no seatbelts. It only goes either 2.5 or 5 miles an hour and this is one toy that needs supervision all the time. When the accelerator is disengaged, the wheels can still roll but there is some resistance. There is no brake petal. It stops when you take your foot off the gas.

After it's together it is very easy to pick up and move. It's not that heavy just bulky.

It ships in a large cardboard box. We didn't have to sign for it.

It comes with a wrench but you'll still need a Phillips screw driver and an adjustable wrench for assembly. The instructions are easy to follow.

The wheels are plastic with 'treads' that make it drive fine on rough ground. We tried the yard and a very rough parking lot. Fine on both.

The metal parts are the side bars and the frame. All else is plastic.

The seat does not adjust.

There is a little storage room up under the hood. The battery goes into a door in the back of the car.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20