Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Laura B > Reviews

Browse

Laura B's Profile

Customer Reviews: 567
Helpful Votes: 1971

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura B RSS Feed (Nevada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BIRUGEAR Ultra Portable Carrying Neoprene Sleeve Case w/ Screen Protector, Stylus for LeapFrog LeapPad3 Kids Learning Tablet 5-inch Best Educational Tablet and Kids Toys( Black )
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars plenty of space, August 27, 2015
This fits the LeapPad 3 with extra room to spare inside for the charger or games. The outside pocket also has plenty of room for the charger or games or any extras to carry with the LeapPad.

I also have the LeapPad Platinum which is larger than the LP3 and it fits in the case, but there is no room to spare. If you are just looking for a carry case for the LPP and don't care to carry much else with it, then this will also work. I can still fit the charger in the front pocket if needed.

Contigo Autospout Gizmo Flip Kids Water Bottle, 14 oz, Sapphire
Contigo Autospout Gizmo Flip Kids Water Bottle, 14 oz, Sapphire
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great for preschoolers, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have been using the older version of this bottle (the Striker) that was good, but could be frustrating with the straw mostly (it would come loose or it detached and would go missing). The Gizmo is a big upgrade from the older bottle. The inside straw is plastic and a solid piece (you can disconnect it to wash) that is on a angle so that when my son tips the bottle toward him he will still get the last drops of water. The opening is wider than the older ones as well. They are shorter, wider, and the handle is lower profile and more rubberized so it moves a little easier and is less likely to break.

I bought a set from Costco like this (it also included an insulated one that does not have a straw) and use them with my 2-yr-old and 4-yr-old. I love these so much more than the old ones and the kids love them, too. They use them every day for preschool (as do many of the other kids).

BlueAvocado 4 Piece (re)zip Seal Essential Set Bag, Clear
BlueAvocado 4 Piece (re)zip Seal Essential Set Bag, Clear
Price: $16.70
4 used & new from $11.48

4.0 out of 5 stars high quality, a little pricey, August 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I admit that I have gotten on the reusable bag train. I hate throwing away so many plastic bags and would rather just reuse bags for my kids lunches than keep buying more toss away bags. I have a few of the planetwise bags which are really cute and work fairly well, but aren't nearly as thick and sturdy as these BlueAvocado bags. These are the highest quality reusable bags that I have tried. They have 2 layers of seals making them leak-proof plus the top closure works very well.

These are a bit high priced making me think twice about getting more, but I will probably get some more of the smaller snack sized ones for my kids' lunches. I don't need to wash them out on a daily basis for most stuff for them (maybe just a wipe or rinse if needed).

The bags are also strong enough to be used for lots of other items that are not food and may be heavier. These will be great for travel items or anything that could leak in a bag. I know a few moms use these in their diaper bags for some of the diapering necessities.

Very high quality. A little pricey. Lots of uses.

Always Discreet, Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Long Length, 54 Count
Always Discreet, Incontinence Pads, Moderate, Long Length, 54 Count
Price: $11.97

4.0 out of 5 stars good protection, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a laugh/sneeze problem after giving birth a few times. I have used panty liners in the past and they work a bit, but don't contain much at all. These are much longer and will contain a lot more. They have a gathered edge to make them curve around your body better. They are thin, but they were thicker than I expected. They are comfortable enough to wear for a good amount of time. They have odor guard, but they also have a slight smell to them which I don't really like.

These will be nice for those days when I'm coughing a lot and having trouble keeping dry.

LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum Kids Learning Tablet, Purple
LeapFrog LeapPad Platinum Kids Learning Tablet, Purple
Price: $128.06
12 used & new from $125.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the kids!, August 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We already have the LeapPad 1 and LeapPad 3 that have been great for the last couple of years. I have 3 kids, so they can get into little fights over who gets to play so adding a 3rd was important to us (we are also getting ready to go on a couple of trips, so we needed another). The improvements from one generation to the next are phenomenal. The LP1 used AA batteries so we had to carry extras with us everywhere. The LP3 upgraded the screen and has a rechargeable battery as well as moving the power button to the side (the kids hit the power button when it is on the top next to the screen). Now with the LP Platinum, it has been improved upon again. The screen is nice and big and very crisp. It is quite a bit larger in size than the older versions, so it might be a little more difficult for littler ones to hold on to it.

My 4-year-old was very excited to get a new LeapPad and anxiously awaited setup on it. It arrived with some charge to it and I was able to go through the entire setup process without draining the battery. It only took about 5-10 minutes as I already have a LeapFrog account. It connected to the wi-fi, updated, connected to my LF account, and started downloading the current apps we already have. Easy peasy and my kid was good to go. It does come with one game to download--you get to choose from about 3 age appropriate games.

Lots of people wonder if it is worth it to get a LP since they are limited and many kids already have access to iPads and other tablets. Well, my kids love the LPs and will choose them over the iPad many times (ages 2.5, 2.5, and 4). I love the LP because the kids drop them, fight over them, try to chew them, and generally play rough with them (I do try to get them to treat it carefully, but they haven't quite gotten it down yet). I tried cheap tablets with them and wouldn't you know, one has a screen that is partially out in just a few months. Both of our older LPs are still in great condition (minus the styli that got a little chewed up) even after the rough play.

The apps are on the more expensive side, but I have gotten many much cheaper. I buy gift cards here on Amazon that are discounted quite a bit (sometimes half off) and then get the apps when they are on sale. We have plenty of apps, but not too many. All the apps are educational and age appropriate. So many of the cheap/free ones for the iPad or Android tablets are not educational nor age appropriate and they have in-app purchases and the kids get stuck trying to buy something. My kids always seem to mess up my apps on my iPad as well. My daughter deletes things or moves them around. I'm always afraid she is going to post something to facebook or send an email or something else. The LP takes all those worries away.

The LP isn't going to last the kids all the way through elementary school, but neither will most iPads (they are only made to last 2 years even though they do go longer). I love them for my pre-K kids and expect they will do well into the 2nd or 3rd grade taking a beating the whole way.

I honestly love the LeapPad and believe in it for my kids. All 3 love them and know that the LPs belong to them as opposed to borrowing mom or dad's iPad.

Skip Hop Nightlight Soother, Moonlight and Melodies, White
Skip Hop Nightlight Soother, Moonlight and Melodies, White
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of options, August 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my boys' room--they are 4 and 2.5. I currently have a myBaby SoundSpa Sleepy Snail Projection Light and Noise Machine in their room, which works great, but lacks a little in the lighting (it has bright colors that cannot be dimmed as well as pictures that project on the ceiling). My older son has a slight fear of the dark and likes some lighting, but we don't want too much since the younger one doesn't like a lot of light. We had used a Pillow Pets Dream Lites - Playful Penguin 11" to display lights on the ceiling, which was pretty cool, but it was cheap and it broke.

That brings me to this little Skip Hop owl. It is much smaller than expected (it is about the size of my hand and fingers splayed out), which I actually really like. It is powered with a plug which is good and bad. I like batteries because it makes it much more portable and it can be placed anywhere instead of being tied down to a plug. A plug means no draining batteries and I don't have to worry if it is left on all day (which happens quite a bit with our current sound machine).

I really like that it has options on everything. You can turn the volume up and down. You can have the light low or bright (we keep it at the lowest setting). It has 4 music choices and 4 sounds (night, heartbeat, ocean, birds). The star projection isn't a large pattern, but it just enough and it can be adjusted by sliding it up or down around the owl's head. I'm not a huge fan of the musical choices, but my kids have always been more into night or ocean sounds for soothing.

Overall, I'm impressed with this one. It works great for my boys and is a nice quality.

LeapFrog LeapTV: Disney Frozen: Arendelle's Winter Festival Educational, Active Video Game
Price: $24.63
11 used & new from $22.00

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, not overly exciting, August 18, 2015
3.5-4 stars

I got this game for my 4-year-old boy. He is a fan of Frozen (not as big as his younger sister, but he likes it). He had never played video games on the TV before (he does have a LeapPad and has used an iPad), so this game was a first for him. He enjoyed playing, but it was a little difficult for him to figure out how to make it work right most likely because he is not used to a game controller.

Most of the games seem pretty simple. They deal with basic numbers and shapes. I like that my son jumps and runs around while playing instead of just sitting still watching something or playing a standard video game. He does have a little trouble "waving" over some of the items he needs to select in the game and I am not sure why, but when someone else walks into the viewing area in the background their body will "select" something. The camera is fairly wide angled, so it will cover an entire room making it easy for a "one player" game to end up as "multiple players" by accident.

Overall it is a fun game, but not a long-stimulating game. I also don't see this as being as exciting for the higher end of the age range. My 4-year-old (turned 4 a couple months ago) has fun with it and the excitement lasts for about 30min until he is ready to move to something else.

Yale Security YRD 110-ZW-619 Real Living Key Free Electronic Push Button Deadbolt, Fully Motorized with Z-Wave Technology, Satin Nickel
Offered by TheFactoryDepot
Price: $179.83
8 used & new from $178.56

4.0 out of 5 stars love keyless door locks, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had a z-wave network set up in my house for a couple of years. I use the Nexia Home Intelligence app for setup. I have Schlage keypad locks on both the front door and the back door -- the front door is a deadbolt that does not lock from the app and the backdoor is not a deadbolt that will lock from the app (we have a separate deadbolt that is not zwave). I also have lights, switches, and thermostats setup on the network, so it has quite a few things.

I hate keys and love anything that just requires me to remember a simple number. I love being able to give a code to friends/family/contractors to get into the house when necessary, but also being able to drop the code if I don't want anyone to access the house. I'm also very happy that I can never get locked out of my own house, which I have done and with 3 small children who like playing with locks it could easily happen.

The Yale deadbolt was fairly simple to install. Setting up the master code and getting it onto the network was a breeze. It works perfect in my Nexia app and I can lock and unlock it very easily. It is a winner with the deadbolt locking through the app. We put it on our garage door, so now I can check to see that it is locked and if it isn't just lock it from anywhere in the house (or even not at home).

The one problem that I have with this lock is that codes cannot be setup remotely. They must be setup and removed on the deadbolt itself. This is a bit of a pain. Also, if it were to be used for a rental property, then it is a no-go unless you have someone local who is always going over between visits to change the code. The Schlage wins for ease of code setup by a long shot.

Overall, I am very happy with this lock. If they fix the code setup to be remote as well, it would be perfect.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2015 2:54 PM PDT

Green Toys Dumper Vehicle, Yellow/Orange
Green Toys Dumper Vehicle, Yellow/Orange
Price: $16.99
11 used & new from $15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars well made, sturdy toy, August 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We already have a couple other Green Toys and love them. This is like all the others we own - well made, sturdy, and fun. It is a great size for playing in a small sandbox or just around the house. I like that it isn't huge, but still a good size for little hands to grab onto and carry around.

My 2.5-year-old boy loves trucks and this one is just perfect for him. This is a great toy to give as a gift to a 2-3 year old.

LeapFrog Number Lovin' Oven
LeapFrog Number Lovin' Oven
Price: $24.76
8 used & new from $24.76

4.0 out of 5 stars educational & fun, August 12, 2015
This review is from: LeapFrog Number Lovin' Oven (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have 3 kids - a 4-year-old boy and 2.5-year-old girl/boy twins, so they all 3 fit in the age group for this toy. My 4-yr-old was very excited to see this toy and started playing right away. They all love the food toys, so this is right up their alley. It is really nice because they can play with the food, but also learn about counting and sharing. The two little ones got involved in playing and they played really well together with it. They each could play with a different food or play with parts of the same.

I like that it is isn't too big and all the pieces easily fit inside of the oven to keep it together. It sings quite a few different songs about cooking/baking and numbers. It can get a little annoying for me (my 4-year-old was playing the numbers over and over and over and over and I finally had to tell him to stop so he just moved on and kept playing with it, but not repeating the same song). It also is a little loud even on the lower volume setting, but I think that putting a little tape over the speaker will make it even softer.

An educational and fun toy for kids that will last for a while.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20