Profile for Hobgoblin Lives > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hobgoblin Lives RSS Feed

SUPERMAN DC SUPER HEROES STEEL MATTEL
SUPERMAN DC SUPER HEROES STEEL MATTEL
Offered by Brian's Toys
Price: $58.94
4 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A start of even better things to come!, October 11, 2009
Okay, I had my doubts when I first heard that Mattel (the company behind the Barbie line)was going to take over the reigns of producing DC Superheroes line (though at the time, Mattel only had the rights to Batman and Superman characters). Yes, back in the mid 80's, Mattel took a stab at doing Marvel's Superhero's Secret Wars line and for it's time, they were okay but not as good as Kenner's Super Powers Collection. Mattel has always been known as the company for Barbie, nuff said. To my surprise, was I ever wrong. These figures are so much more superior from their past attempts at an action figure line. The sculpting and posibility/articulation are great and Steel is no exception. Just a great all around figure and a nice plus that Mattel included his trademark hammer. I highly recommend this figure and others from this line.

BoomBucket Portable Music System for iPod, White
BoomBucket Portable Music System for iPod, White
3 used & new from $97.00

1.0 out of 5 stars It's really great for a very short time but than it's all downhill after!, July 9, 2009
I bought this last year and within about a month, it started to show signs of defectiveness. The speaker started to make hissing noise. It could be heard especially when the music had dead air. So natuarally I returned it to Brookstone and got an exchange for it. This one new only lasted a few days. First off, the battery life after a full charge only lasted for about a couple of hrs. I thought maybe I didn't charge it enough (hoping for the best) so I plugged it in for a recharge and at the same time, I used my iPod while it did. Then about a half hour later, the whole thing stopped working all together. Battery or being plugged in were no longer an issue. It's a piece of junk. So I "HIGHLY" recommend not purchasing this item.

Batman: The Animated Series
Batman: The Animated Series
4 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A long awaited soundtrack finally sees it's release!, March 15, 2009
I know fans like me have been longing for this release since the debut of show back in 1992. In years past, there was always talk that sometime down the road, it would eventually see it's release. The late Shirley Walker, Lolita Ritmanis and Michael McCuistion matched perfectly the music tone for the series that mimic a time from the 1940's. Their work also created themes for characters from the show that is easily recognizable by fans. I would have to say that score for the series was ever bit as essential to the show. Though this soundtrack covers music used during BTAS early episodes, there is definately more of it left if they decide to put out vol 2. None the less, if you are a fan of the show and you loved the music from the series, than you definately cannot go wrong in purchasing this soundtrack.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sci-Fi Channel - Sci-Fi's Greatest Hits, Vol. 4: Defenders Of Justice
Sci-Fi Channel - Sci-Fi's Greatest Hits, Vol. 4: Defenders Of Justice
Price: $14.99
33 used & new from $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A good CD minus one, January 6, 2008
This CD has some of the most standout themes ranging from the 60's to the 90's. Though the only track I find misleading is the Amazing Spiderman one. In the booklet, it discusses the live action show from the 1970's but the track itself does not represent that. The theme comes from the 1960's animated Spiderman show. Though I would have liked if this was the one from the 1970's show, it's okay none the less. Putting that aside, the CD has alot good themes and some I thought were hard to get a hold of.