Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Denver, Co USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rubbermaid Dry Food Storage Container, 8-Piece Set, Chili (FG7M7502CHILI)
Rubbermaid Dry Food Storage Container, 8-Piece Set, Chili (FG7M7502CHILI)
Offered by Better Linen
Price: $29.99
16 used & new from $23.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought two, June 11, 2012
And I'll probably buy at least one more big container!
These containers have been a lifesaver in my kitchen. No more bulky bags to make a mess, or guessing how much flour I have left. With these containers, my pantry essentials stay organized, fresh and replenished.
My large containers hold bags of all-purpose and bread flour respectively. The next ones hold a bag of sugar and a bag of wheat flour. The next is powdered sugar and granola. And finally, brown sugar and a small bag of rye flour. Soon I'll be getting another large container for rice. A great, cheap kitchen solution!

OXO Good Grips Dough Blender with Blades
OXO Good Grips Dough Blender with Blades
Price: $11.95
8 used & new from $11.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and so comfortable!, June 11, 2012
I bought this dough blender for cutting butter into flour for biscuits, but it's turned out to be quite the multitasker! Obviously it's great for other pastry doughs, but I've also found it to be great for mixing soft/cooked produce in small-ish batches. What a relief to mash potatoes quickly without digging the mixer out! And mashing strawberries on the stove is so fast with this tool. It's a great addition to my kitchen, and I haven't found any dough blenders more comfortable for the tedious task of cutting butter.

JavaScript & jQuery: The Missing Manual
JavaScript & jQuery: The Missing Manual
by David Sawyer McFarland
Price: $23.19
108 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars a great manual for a beginner, June 11, 2012
This really helped serve as a reference as I embarked on my first big JS project. It should absolutely be used in conjunction with online sources, but as a beginning guide, I was pretty attached.

RSVP Endurance 4 Piece Stainless Steel Biscuit Cutter Set
RSVP Endurance 4 Piece Stainless Steel Biscuit Cutter Set
Offered by Etailz
Price: $9.95
31 used & new from $9.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected, but work great, June 11, 2012
Yes, the measurements are listed in the description, so that's on me. I take full blame. However, it's just worth noting, for those who have no idea how big 2.75 inches is... it's not gigantic. But, that aside, I love these biscuit cutters.
The edge is sharp, which is really essential to perfect biscuits. Yes, we've all used a drinking glass to cut our biscuits, but a dull edge can push the dough down to make for biscuits that don't rise as well as they should. Not a problem for most people, but if you're serious about your biscuits, this is a great tool to have around, both for biscuit quality and for saving time in the kitchen. They're also easy to clean, well-made and multitasking (c'mon, you know you have all sorts of circle shapes to cut out in your baking adventures!).

Amco Advanced Performance Measuring Cup Set
Amco Advanced Performance Measuring Cup Set
Price: $14.99
17 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Are these measuring cups or cast iron skillets?, June 11, 2012
I can't deny that these measuring cups are indestructible. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could make scrambled eggs in the largest one.

Pros:
Truly very beautiful.
The weight feels good in my hands.
You can rest easy knowing that they will survive any nuclear war, and your great-great-great grandchildren will use them and praise your name.

Cons:
They're very wide and shallow. Like frying pans. Unfortunately, this one con was a dealbreaker. They couldn't fit into my flour bins, and I felt like the design made them difficult even to scoop flour out of the bag (and who needs that process to be even *more* messy, really?). I was really excited to get these, and it hurt me to return them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 10:10 AM PST

Samsonite Colombian Leather Flapover Case, Brown, One Size
Samsonite Colombian Leather Flapover Case, Brown, One Size
Price: Click here to see our price
21 used & new from $90.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend loves it, June 11, 2012
I bought this for my boyfriend when he was accepted to the grad school of his choice. He absolutely loves it. It fits his 15-inch laptop beautifully with room for his notebooks and gadgets. I love seeing him carry it (it's a pretty sexy bag), and I admit, it smells pretty great too. The bag is well-built and has held up well to his abuse. Overall, I'm VERY happy with my purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 7:54 AM PST

MIU France Stainless Steel 4-Piece Measuring Cup Set
MIU France Stainless Steel 4-Piece Measuring Cup Set
Price: $18.99
6 used & new from $18.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes you just have to treat yourself, June 11, 2012
I've been using cheap measuring cups for years. Plastic, aluminum. The handles break off, the paint wears down, and let's face it, it just makes you feel cheap.

These are an obvious step up. I love the weight of these cups. They stand up on their own while empty, and they have a little heft to them. They're solidly built, and the markings are engraved, so it won't wear out. The stainless steel is as beautiful today as the day I got them. These measuring cups were not a need for me, but they make me smile every time I reach for them.

Regency Reusable Cookie Sheet Liner
Regency Reusable Cookie Sheet Liner
Price: $6.86
13 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, but does the job, June 11, 2012
There are so many EXPENSIVE cookie sheet liners out there. I decided to test this one at a low cost before investing in something better, and I'm glad I did. There's no denying that this does the job. It holds up to high heat, and food just won't stick! Cookies slide right off, and anything that gets stuck will wash right off with ease.
That said, it's flimsy. In an annoying way. It doesn't roll very well, and no one wants a creased liner. Basically what we have here is reusable parchment paper. Of course, given that a roll of parchment paper will cost about what this liner costs, it's a good buy to start with. But me? I'm looking to upgrade.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly, fit perfectly, June 11, 2012
Well this really helped with my OCD. I have a bad habit of losing earring backs, but it drives me nuts to borrow from another pair and end up with mismatched earrings. I now have this pack stashed in my jewelry box so I can just replace missing backs on my studs as needed.
They arrived quickly, and it's great to have a whole pack of them lying around!

Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8 Inches Long, Black, 100 Ties per Pack (91140)
Price: $6.61
56 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, low cost, June 11, 2012
As other reviewers have stated, these ties look and even feel kind of cheap. But the velcro holds tight, and I was absolutely not disappointed. With the 100-tie pack, I was able to finally organize my office's horrific tangle of power cables and ethernet cords. No frills, but it gets the job done. Really a great buy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3