Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for G. BLAIR > Reviews

Browse

G. BLAIR's Profile

Customer Reviews: 123

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. BLAIR "GBlair" RSS Feed (New Jersey, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Farm & Ranch MH2121D Heavy-Duty Steel Utility Cart with Removable Folding Sides and 13-Inch Pneumatic Tires, 1,000-Pound Capacity, 48-Inches by 24-Inches, Green Finish
Price: $107.91
10 used & new from $107.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Assemble outdoors! Poor build instructions., July 8, 2016
A good-value, reasonably-sturdy yard cart. The sides are connected somewhat flimsily, but serve to prevent things from falling out too easily. I would not expect the sides to contain something over-sized and heavy pressing against them - the hinge pins holding them in place are really inadequate - seems like a cheap way to cut a cost corner that simply isn't worth it. I'll be replacing my pins with something more substantial.

That being said, two big caveats:

1. The thing stinks. Literally. I think it's the wheels. Mine arrived (in quite damaged packaging, btw) on a hot day and I opted to assemble in indoors, in my foyer. The plasticky/rubbery smell was awful. It permeated the whole house. 24 hours later, it's still the dominant small in some areas. DO NOT ASSEMBLE INDOORS. Do not even open the box (if yours arrives intact) indoors.

2. The assembly instructions, while 100% accurate, are REALLY HARD TO FOLLOW. The images have the quality of a poor black and white photocopy at low resolution. Not such a big deal when you get to the more obvious steps, when you have fewer parts and they can only attach in one way. But in the first step, for example, you really need to be able to visualize how the first assembly will fit into the entire picture before you start assembling it. A URL to a YouTube video would have gone a long, long way here.

All that being said, I *would* buy another one, but I expect this to last me a few years.

Datacolor S5P100 Spyder5PRO
Datacolor S5P100 Spyder5PRO
Offered by Hunts Photo and Video
Price: $149.00
30 used & new from $130.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, but unfortunately, does not succeed at its sole, assigned task., March 28, 2016
I bought this to calibrate the display on my HP zBook 17 (high-end laptop) so my photographs would be consistent between calibrated devices (mine and others), as well as photo-quality color prints. It fails to do any of these tasks.

I ran through the setup, told it about my display, etc. Then ran through the calibration and it created a profile. Switching between the calibrated and uncalibrated display AND SEEING NO DIFFERENCE should have been my first warning.

Anyway, I saved the calibration, rebooted and saw Windows 8.1 load the calibration data as the last step in booting. "Great...", thought I.

But the display was no different. Colors were still "off" and the gamma seemed way too high.

A "check calibration" confirmed the latter. Target was 2.2 and the Spyder registered it as 2.7.

I recalibrated. No difference. Rebooted again, recalibrated again, etc. Absolutely zero effect on my display.

This product, quite simply, is a failure. Now to try to return it :(

Viking Range Grate Rubber Feet or Grate Bumper Package of 16 PD040035
Viking Range Grate Rubber Feet or Grate Bumper Package of 16 PD040035
Offered by SupplyEdge
Price: $9.47
3 used & new from $9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, can be made to work for DCS grates too!, February 1, 2016
Some reviews indicated these would also work with DCS grates. Since genuine DCS ones cost a small fortune, I decided to give this value pckage a try.

At first glance, the posts look a little thicker than the DCS ones. On closer inspection, this would be correct. However, by FREEZING these for a while, they contracted enough to be slid into the post channels in my DCS grates. And they're sure not going to fall out in a hurry!

Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large
Price: $123.95
21 used & new from $118.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional device, poor battery charge life, February 1, 2016
Takes a bit of getting used to on the wrist, but appears to function as advertised. And now I know how sedentary I am when I'm at work and how (comparatively) active I am on weekends. I can also correlate how tired I feel in the mornings with how crenellated (interrupted!) my sleep patterns are.
My only gripes are:
1. You need to be internet-connected for all the stats to work, as it uses Fitbit's server for this (no "local app only" option, like some older activity trackers had).
2. The battery longevity is on the short side. I've never managed to make it 72 hours yet without a recharge.

LED Handheld Magnifying Glass Set with light-2.5X 5X 16X(stronger than 10X)Magnification Power + BONUS, Illuminated Magnifier best for Low Vision,Senior Reading,Kid Science,Craft & Hobby,Jewelry Loupe
Offered by HMFiva
Price: $39.77
5 used & new from $20.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for an extremely-usable magnifying lens set, February 1, 2016
Very good for plastic lenses. One (white) handle which takes 3 AAA batteries to power two directional, white LED lights, along with three interchangeable lenses (lowest power being the largest) and a micro-fiber cloth inside a spectacle bag.

Comfortable to hold, with the built-in light adding to the value. No severe distortions at least within the middle 80% of the field. Extremely usable.

Celestron 18778 AC Adapter (Black)
Celestron 18778 AC Adapter (Black)
Price: $21.49
17 used & new from $18.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect power source for an AVX mount near an outlet., December 29, 2015
Works a dream on my back patio with my AVX mount. Just works!

Fancy Feast Wet Cat Food, Elegant Medleys, Shredded Fare Collection (Pack of 1), 3-Ounce Can, Pack of 12
Price: $9.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I jusy have really picky cats (but I don't think so)..., December 29, 2015
My cats are not particularly picky and will eat almost any cat food I put down for them.

Until it came to Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys.

All three are reluctant to eat the solids found in these cans. They'll slurp up the gravy, they'll suck down the greens. But the 'meat' (whether it be chicken, tuna or something else)? Oh no.... they carefully push that to the side. ALL THREE OF THEM!

This is the only type of canned cat food I've seen them do that with. This is really weird. I even tried leaving it out for over a day to see if perhaps they would eventually, grudgingly try the solids. And one of them did, eventually. But the other two still won't touch it.

Best chance I have of getting them to actually eat this is to fold it into another brand of canned cat food. I'm having some success with this method, but it's too much work! Once the cans I have are gone, no more!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2015 9:21 PM PST

OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer Set
OXO Good Grips 2-Piece Peeler/Parer Set
Price: $11.99
15 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, robust tools. No kitchen should be without them., December 29, 2015
I've been using OXO devices like these for years. As my inlaws age, they prefer to host Thanksgiving and Christmas at their house, so they don't have to travel so much. This past Thanksgiving, I was peeling potatoes and whittling carrots with my MIL's old no-brand peeler. It was PAINFUL.

Decided to get her the peeler and paring knife set from OXO so I could use them at Christmas :)

Never looked back. These are so comfortable to hold, I could just keep peeling and paring for hours...

Replacement Light Bulbs for Electric Candle Lamps - 7 Watt, Clear, Pack of 5 Bulbs
Offered by JUDSIL
Price: $5.95
10 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, great value!, December 29, 2015
Excellent value replacement bulbs for the 110V candles we put in the windows in December.

Xit XTVG138 Lithium Replacement Battery for JVC BN-VG138, Everio GZ Series Camcorders (Black)
Price: $22.75
6 used & new from $18.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Not meant for the JVC Everio GZ HM200!, December 29, 2015
It may well be a good battery, but it is not for the JVC Everio GZ model I own.

I ordered two, finding many of the other reviews very encouraging.

However, upon arrival, I found it is not compatible with the JVC Everio GZ HM200.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13