Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Juniorverse1 > Reviews

Browse

Juniorverse1's Profile

Customer Reviews: 742
Top Reviewer Ranking: 748

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Juniorverse1 RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Round Braided/Woven, Indoor/Outdoor Placemat/Charger, Set of 6, Metallic Black
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I have mixed feelings about them..., February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These black placemats have a slight sheen to them so they do indeed have a "metallic look". However, I have mixed feelings about them. They're okay I guess. They are a bit modern and a nice, large size. But, they have a lot of spaces where crumbs can get stuck in. They are the perfect three-star placemats.

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW GAMING, Silent Cooling Graphics Card 02G-P4-2958-KR
Price: $179.95
46 used & new from $154.44

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI 2.0 allows me to get 60Hz on my 4K TV that I use as a monitor - great image quality!, February 7, 2016
I bought this card mostly for the HDMI 2.0 port so I could get 60Hz on my Seiki SE42UMS 42-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV (2015 Model) that I use as a monitor. HDMI ports that are not 2.0, like those on most current Radeon cards, only gave me 30Hz so the mouse movement was delayed. This card solved the problem and thanks to Amazon Warehouse Deals, I got it at a great price used. Great image quality on my 4K TV no matter what is being viewed... love the card.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2016 7:35 AM PST

Webee Wi-Fi Zigbee Home Hub & Home Entertainment, 2nd Generation
Webee Wi-Fi Zigbee Home Hub & Home Entertainment, 2nd Generation
Price: $129.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent box, but feels a bit dated already, February 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This box is like an older version of Android + a front-end for controlling all of your Zigbee devices + some quick links for viewing videos, photos, and listening to music. You are getting a whole lot in a single package.

If you are starting your home automation setup from scratch, I would suggest going with the Z-wave version of this box (if it is released yet). Z-wave devices seem to be more popular these days, but that box may not be able to control Philips Hue bulbs which are Zigbee. My Philips Hue bulbs were recognized fine by this box. You are able to adjust brightness and change colors of each bulb on the screen.

This box allows you to control all of your other Zigbee devices, and also perform certain actions when certain events occur (like when motion is detected by one of your motion detectors).

The front-end is easy to navigate using the included air remote. You tilt the remote and point to select items on the screen. I find it easy to use. You can browse the web, use the YouTube app, and do just about anything you can on any Android device. This device does not include Bluetooth, so you will need to either use a USB wireless keyboard or use the on-screen keyboard to type characters.

You can view videos, photos, or listen to music stored on your network, on a local SD card plugged into the SD card slot, or from any compatible Android app. Also, TinyCam Pro is pre-installed, so you can view your IP security cameras on your network. I have 4 cameras that were picked up automatically by TinyCam when I scanned the network. It is nice to have the ability to check the cameras right from my TV.

This is an interesting concept, bringing your home automation hubs to your TV and combining it with an entertainment center of sorts. I like it, but the version of (Android 4.2) is very outdated. I deducted one star for that and for the complete lack of documentation for non-IT people. It's off to a good start I guess, but there is room for improvement. I originally gave this three stars, but switched to four after thinking about it more. If they updated the version of Android to 5 or 6, I'd be a lot more comfortable with a higher rating.

CleverLoop smart security system with 1 Indoor + 1 Outdoor Camera
CleverLoop smart security system with 1 Indoor + 1 Outdoor Camera
Price: $339.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Great image quality, app, and customer service - Works flawlessly once I got it set up, January 30, 2016
Not only is the video quality really fantastic on these cameras, but the app is truly top-notch. It is so easy to use and has the features that you'd want in a high-end camera system.

=== Setup ====
I did have some issues during setup, but between their support site and excellent customer service reps, we got everything worked out. I wanted to use Wi-Fi instead of wired connections, and the app said that the camera was supposed to make sounds during setup to set up Wi-Fi using audio. However, I could not get the cameras to make the noise, even though the app said they were supposed to. There was a tool on their support site that allowed me to connect the camera to my computer and set it up that way, and then I was able to disconnect the Ethernet cable and use Wi-Fi like I wanted. A minor inconvenience, and support is looking into it.

I also had another issue when I changed the default credentials on my cameras but support fixed it within 24 hours and pushed out an update. Great service! Things have been working flawlessly for a week now.

=== The Android App ===
I am using the app on a Nexus 6. It is truly an excellent app. It makes monitoring what's important really easy, and pushes the unimportant things into the background. For example, each camera can have three zones for monitoring movement. So if you have a tree in your view, you may want to zone out the tree so when the limbs blow in the wind they do not unnecessarily set off alerts.

Also, and this is the part I love the most, there are small previews that automatically play next to each event, so you can see at a glance what kind of movement was detected. For example, I can quickly see which events are a person moving and which are less important things.

There are two types of events: movements and alerts. Movements do not trigger notifications and are not saved to the cloud. Alerts are more important events and they can trigger notifications and are saved to the cloud. The cameras do a pretty good job of categorizing things properly, but you can train it by telling the app when it got the category wrong.

You can monitor things using geo-fencing, so it will only monitor things when your phone is not home, for example. Or you can only monitor during certain parts of the day.

=== Image Quality ===
There are IR LEDs on the cameras for nighttime viewing. You can turn them off so they do not automatically go on at night if your indoor camera is pointing outside a window so the lights do not flash back into the camera. Nighttime images are excellent.

Daytime viewing, especially in HD mode, is also excellent. Crystal clear, smooth video, easy to recognize faces.

=== Viewing images in third-party software ===
I asked support if they could give me the URL to the video feed because I wanted to use these cameras with my iSpy software (free, open source) that I use with other cameras and I wanted all of my cameras to be accessible from the same place. Luckily, they provided me with that URL and it works perfectly in iSpy! You can set it up in iSpy using the FFMPEG tab in settings, and use the following format for the URL:

rtsp://usr:pwd@ip:554/live/ch1
usr:username
pwd:password
ip:your camera's IP address on your network

Now I can monitor my CleverLoop cameras alongside my other cameras when I am at home near my computer and I can record video from there, too.

=== Summary ===
You are getting what you pay for with these cameras. They aren't cheap, but the software and image quality are excellent. I haven't had any issues since getting it set up and really love how easy they made it to check out what is going on at home quickly while pushing the less important things into the background. I was considering deducting a star for the setup problems, but support was on top of it and got me set up quickly and it's the day-to-day experience that matters most so I am giving it an enthusiastic 5-stars.

A free sample was provided for testing and an honest evaluation. The manufacturer was not promised a positive review, and no compensation was offered or accepted.

If you have any questions about the cameras, the app, or integration with iSpy, please ask and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Philips 452722 9W (60-Watt) A19 Hue Lux Connected Home LED Light Bulb
Philips 452722 9W (60-Watt) A19 Hue Lux Connected Home LED Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Echo, IFTTT, SmartThings hub, Harmony remote, and a ton of third party apps, January 23, 2016
I have been using Hue bulbs (color and white) for about a year now and I love them so much. I use them with my Echo for voice-controlled lighting, and IFTTT and my SmartThings hub for automating lights based on time of the day and a bunch of other events.

These bulbs are easy to set up. You plug in the hub, use the app to search for new lights and if they are close enough, the bulbs will be found. If not, you can enter a serial number printed on the bulbs and the app will find them if your hub is too far away from your bulb. You can then control them using the Hue app or any number of third-party Hue apps available on Android or iOS. You can create groups or rooms so it is easier to control multiple lights at once.

If you want to get really fancy with your lights, try IFTTT, SmartThings, Harmony remotes, or the Echo.

SmartThings allows you to integrate these bulbs into your home automation network for controlling the bulbs with inexpensive Z-wave remotes, or turning them on when smoke is detected by your Z-wave smoke detector. SmartThings picks up the names that you give the bulbs (Living Room Couch) so they are eay to integrate into your events.

Some Harmony remotes, like the Elite, will allow you to control these bulbs, too. It works great with my Elite and picks up the names that I give the bulbs in the Hue app. I can turn off these bulbs when I hit "watch a movie" on my remote.

Hue bulbs are expensive, but it is because of how many other things you can integrate them with. If you are a programmer, you can even easily control them in .Net, Python, and other languages.

These bulbs rock. And if you don't mind spending a bit more, consider the colored Hue bulbs or other Hue products like the lightstrips and spotlights.

Philips 455303 Hue White Starter A19 Kit, 2nd Generation
Philips 455303 Hue White Starter A19 Kit, 2nd Generation
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $72.99

Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

If you want to get really fancy with your lights, try IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings Hub, 2nd Generation, Harmony remotes, or the Amazon Echo.

Using IFTTT, you can automate your lights based on a ton of conditions and events. Want to turn your lights on when rain is detected in your area? Yup, you can do that. Want to flash your lights when you get a new e-mail? You can do that, too. And it's free.

Some Harmony remotes, like the Logitech Harmony Elite Remote Control (915-000256), will allow you to control these bulbs, too. It works great with my Elite and picks up the names that I give the bulbs in the Hue app. I can turn off these bulbs when I hit "watch a movie" on my remote.

Norcho Soft Microfiber Non-slip Rubber Luxury Area Rug for Livingroom Bedroom Bathroom Decor Machine Washable 2.6 x 3.9ft /80 x 120cm White
Offered by norcho
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, even after its first washing. Very plush!, January 18, 2016
This rug held up to its first washing extremely well and still came out just as fluffy and soft as it was when I first got it.

The rug is a generous size. I included a photo with a pair of shoes on it for scale. The rug is so soft and plush! Absolutely nothing came off of this rug when I washed it on the gentle cycle and air dried it... nothing from the top or the bottom. Some bathroom rugs have a tendency to shed or have their backings flake off in the wash but not this rug, yet. If that ever changes, I will update my review. The rug has a non-slip backing and dries relatively quickly.

This is a top-of-the-line bathroom rug and the price tag reflects that. But you are definitely getting some excellent quality for the price.

A free sample was received for testing and an honest evaluation. The manufacturer/seller was not promised a positive review, and no compensation was offered or accepted.
Comment Comment | Permalink

HATCHBOX 1.75mm White PLA 3D Printer Filament - 1kg Spool (2.2 lbs) - Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Dremel Idea Builder - quality filament at a great price, January 17, 2016
This pure white filament works great with my Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printer, even though they recommend their own (more expensive) brand only. Since it wasn't going to fit on Dremel's spool, I bought the HATCHBOX 1 Spool 3D Printer Filament Tabletop Wall Mount Rack and fed the spool through one of the holes on the exterior of the Idea Builder and it works great.

I like this filament much more than Dremel's filament. Great filament at a great price.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Amcrest 720P HD Over Analog (HDCVI) 4CH Video Security System w/ Four 1.0 MP Weatherproof IP66 Bullet Cameras, 65ft IR LED Night Vision, Long Distance Transmit Range (1,640ft), Pre-Installed 1TB HD
Offered by Foscam Digital Technologies LLC
Price: $259.99
5 used & new from $259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very affordable, full-featured security system (you'll need an old VGA cable to set it up), January 16, 2016
This super-affordable security system features four cameras with great video quality and a DVR with many features to help you stay on top of what is going on around your home or business.

The DVR serves as the front-end to everything. It comes with a small mouse for navigating through the intuitive menus. You can view one or four cameras at a time. There are many options for viewing activities on a timeline, including motion-detection and manually recorded video. You can record continuously and overwrite the oldest video when full, record on motion detection or alarm, or use a schedule. You can backup video to external USB drives, too.

Video quality is great, even at night. Nighttime viewing is in black and white but you can see a surprising amount of detail at night. There are a bunch of options for notifying you when events occur, like sending e-mails.

The one problem I had was with set up of this device. I plugged it into two different monitors with an HDMI cable and couldn't get any video. It turns out I had to plug it into a monitor with an old VGA cable first and then adjust the DVR's resolution so I could use an HDMI cable. It would have been nice if this product either shipped with the VGA cable or shipped ready to use an HDMI cable.

I am very happy with this security system and would trust it enough for use at my parents' home.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Arf Pets Pet Dog Cat Self - Warming Heating Mat Pad for Beds Crates and Kennels with Soft Polyethylene Foam Core - Available in Wide Variety of Sizes
Offered by DBROTH
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My dogs absolutely love it, January 16, 2016
My beagles have been loving this warming pad. I got the medium size and intended on putting it inside one of their beds eventually but for now, I just placed it on top of one and even though they have several beds to choose from, there's always one of the dogs on top of the pad. You can feel how warm the pad gets if you put your hand on it after the dog has been laying on top of it for awhile.

The pad cannot be washed in the washing machine or dried in the dryer. You must hand wash with soap and water and then air dry. I'm sure damage would occur to the internal pad so I understand this requirement, but I really wish it could be placed in the washer for a good cleaning. Oh well.

If you live in a place that gets cold, this is great for your dogs to keep them extra warm. My dogs love to be covered with blankets already, so this is an extra treat for them. Personally, I'd probably be too hot but they love it and that's all that matters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20