Profile for Juniorverse1 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 984

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Juniorverse1 RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy to use - great video quality, November 22, 2014
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
This device streams Amazon Instant Videos faster and in higher quality than any other device I have used. This device is just super fast in general. I find it very responsive.

The Fire TV Stick would be great for beginners because of how easy and intuitive it is to use. The navigation pad and a few buttons allows you to perform every function you would need to. The downloadable smartphone app allows you to speak or use a keyboard on your phone to input text, like movie and TV show names. This is great so you don't have to enter text using the on-screen keyboard.

All of the apps respond quickly. TuneIn and Pandora sound as good as they would on other devices with a good Internet connection.

I'm really glad that I purchased this product since it is much faster than my other devices.

APLWL USB 2.0 A to Micro B Cable 6FT-TPE jacket-Red
APLWL USB 2.0 A to Micro B Cable 6FT-TPE jacket-Red
Price: $5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice length, does the job, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At 6 feet, this basic red A to Micro B USB cable is a nice length. It is much more convenient than the 3 foot ones that usually come with most devices. The ends fit snugly into the ports on my laptop, desktop, Nexus 5, and Asus tablet. It worked fine for transferring data between my laptop and Nexus 5, and worked for charging my devices just as well.

Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 Ultra
Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 Ultra
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $58.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced, easy to use features for beginners and intermediate users, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used PowerDirector years ago and it was crashing so much that it was practically unusable. This version has been rock solid stable and is a joy to use.

First off, I am a fan of the dark GUI. It helps you focus on your work instead of all of the options cluttering the screen. Controls and features are extensive, easy to use, and well laid out.

First, I tried the Magic Movie Wizard, which is an easy way to edit movies automatically. You select your videos, apply a "magic style", and PowerDirector does the rest. The analysis of my 4 minute movie took a very long time, even though I have a very fast machine and an SSD. You do not have much control over the Magic process so I prefer the full editor.

The full editor is very easy to use. You have multiple "rooms" like the transition room, the particle room (very cool), the special effects room, the audio mixing room, and more. Each room optimizes the screen for editing those particular settings. I love the animated text, which I have never seen before in previous editors I have used.

The production options are plenty. You have full control over the file type, size, and quality. There are easy settings, like for saving in a variety of smartphone formats, or Apple, Sony, or Microsoft X-Box formats. You can also easily save files for Facebook, Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Youku, and Niconico Douga (whatever that is).

By the way, the program warns you on open that some features are not available if you are running in a remote desktop (like faster video rendering). Just thought I should mention that in case that was your plan.

I can't imagine any video editor being better than this one for beginners and intermediate users. It has just about anything you could possibly want and a few unexpected fantastic tools.

SainSmart 7" LCD Display Touch Screen TFT Monitor AT070TN90 with HDMI VGA Input Driver Board Controller for Raspberry Pi
Offered by Sain Store
Price: $68.50
3 used & new from $68.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Just wait for the official 7-inch touchscreen from Raspberry Pi, November 18, 2014
Like a previous reviewer, mine did not come with the remote or the driver CD that appeared in the product description. Other reviewers DID get them though. I contacted the seller/manufacturer and the product no longer includes a remote and they changed the product description. The remote was my reason for buying this model.

By the way, they sent me a link to a pre-compiled image so you don't have to go through all of the image recompilation process. If you want to install this on your existing setup, get ready for a workout. The instructions are barely English, so you are best off following the directions outlined in another review.

I am going to return mine and wait for Raspberry Pi's official 7-inch touchscreen coming by the end of 2014 or early 2015. I'm sure it won't be as difficult to install, plus it is designed to snap to the back of your Pi.

Also, if you MUST have this product now, I suggest checking their website price first. As of the time of my review, it is $30 cheaper there. They appear to be taking advantage of Amazon shoppers.

Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS
Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS
Price: $8.49
51 used & new from $2.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for voice-controlling the Raspberry Pi, November 18, 2014
I used this sound adapter on my Raspberry Pi Model B+ (B PLUS) 512MB Computer Board so I can use the excellent program "Voicecommand" that allows you to build a Siri/Google Now clone. Thanks to a review by Michael J Eckman, I was able to get the card up and running quickly. His instructions appear below but I modified them slightly.

====
From http://www.amazon.com/review/R3GECH6RT47GS2 - please go give him a helpful vote :)

Type 'LSUSB'. You should see something like:
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0d8c:0008 C-Media Electronics, Inc.

If you don't see this, turn off your Raspberry Pi and make sure the USB card is properly seated, and then turn it back on.

Once Raspbian has detected the sound card, there's still one more step to make the USB sound card the default sound output. From the same terminal, type

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Look for a line that says:
options snd-usb-audio index=-2

Change the value from -2 to 0 so it becomes the default audio device:
options snd-usb-audio index=0

Press CTRL X to save and exit.

At the terminal, type:
sudo reboot

When the Raspberry Pi finishes rebooting, go back to the terminal and type:
alsamixer

At the top, next to Card, it should say C-Media USB Audio Device. Use the up/down arrow keys to raise the volume to your desired level. Press ESC to exit the mixer.
=====

You should then be good to go! Not only do you now have the microphone input, but the sound output should sound better than the built-in audio jack. This adapter was a great value.

Sony 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card (SR32UYA/TQMN)
Sony 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card (SR32UYA/TQMN)
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $14.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade for the Raspberry Pi, November 18, 2014
This was perfect for using in my Raspberry Pi as the boot card. The included SD adapter made it easy to use my Windows computer to install the Pi NOOBs image onto the card. Then I just put the micro SD into the Pi to install the desired operating systems. It is nice to not have to worry about running out of space anymore like I did with the CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Ultimate Starter Kit's included 8GB card. No problems at all and it even seems to run faster.

CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Ultimate Starter Kit (Over 40 Components: Raspberry Pi B Plus + WiFi Dongle + 8GB SD Card + Case + Power Supply and many more)
Offered by CanaKit
Price: $99.99
5 used & new from $66.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Way too much fun!, November 13, 2014
After years of hesitating on buying one, I finally pulled the trigger on my first Pi. I got the Ultimate Kit, not knowing if I would even use most of the electrical components, just in case.

This thing is so much fun to tinker with. The included NOOBS card makes it easy to get started (although you run out of space quickly). I already ordered a 32GB card to replace the included card with.

If you love to tinker or program, the Pi is for you. There are so many projects out there and I am learning new ones every day. I found one called "Voicecommand" that allows you to turn your Pi into a Siri-like device, although it needs some improvements which I am currently working on. I had a Creative Labs USB combo speaker/mic that I plugged into the Pi and am able to use with Voicecommand.

The device is a bit slow, but I'm sure you expect that like I did. The kit's wireless adapter works fine for Internet access, although I eventually decided to use an Ethernet cable to maximize the speed.

The case fits the board perfectly and the power adapter is supplying enough power for the board, my speaker/mic combo, the Wireless adapter, and a Bluetooth adapter.

I hope to learn about how to use some of the electrical components with my project, like showing lights when a voice command is recognized, or an indicator while it is working on getting results. I'm sure I'll find plenty of uses for them eventually.

I am so glad I purchased this kit and finally gave the Pi a try.

Okra Smartphone & GPS Dashboard Grip Mount Holder - (Retail Packaging)
Okra Smartphone & GPS Dashboard Grip Mount Holder - (Retail Packaging)
Offered by IBD Electronics
Price: $15.99
3 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Allows me to use my phone as a dash cam, November 7, 2014
I am using this holder so I can use my Nexus 5 as a dash cam in my car. I don't think I am allowed to mount things to the windshield in my state, so this was a good option. The holder stays put on the dashboard and grips the phone with a case pretty well.

This mount also works well if you want to use your phone as a time-lapse camera somewhere. It allows you to mount on a variety of surfaces for keeping the phone's camera steady.

This mount is great for my needs. It was provided to me to test and review.

Loloi   Venice Beach Collection  VB-01  Peridot/Ivory 2'3" x 3'9"  Indoor/Outdoor  Area Rug
Loloi Venice Beach Collection VB-01 Peridot/Ivory 2'3" x 3'9" Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug
Price: $66.22
6 used & new from $66.22

5.0 out of 5 stars It really IS suitable for outdoor or indoor use - great rug, November 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To my surprise, this rug really could be used outdoors and indoors. I figured since it was okay for outdoor use that it would look ridiculous indoors. But it doesn't at all. I wouldn't use it as the centerpiece of your living room, but it is quite suitable for entry ways, hallways and high traffic areas. I was almost tempted to use it on my patio but it is so nice that I would rather use it indoors.

I will be using mine by the back door to protect my floors. It is high quality and looks like it really could take a beating.

AquaFlow® 2 Function - Waterfall and Water Spray - Luxury Large 8" Shower Head / ABS Material with Chrome Finish / Enjoy an Invigorating & Luxurious Spa-like Experience - LIFETIME WARRANTY
Offered by F&W Trading LLC
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels so good!, November 6, 2014
This is an economic alternative to more expensive waterfall/spray shower heads. I like both functions equally, depending on my mood. A tremendous amount of water comes out when using the waterfall function, but it feels so nice.

The only way this shower head could be better is if it was on a handheld wand so you can remove it and use it to wash down the shower walls after your shower. I may go look into how I can do that. This product was provided to test and review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20