Profile for Beverly L. Archer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 318

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beverly L. Archer RSS Feed (Colorado Springs, CO)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Memoirs of an Elf
Memoirs of an Elf
by Devin Scillian
Price: $13.59
32 used & new from $10.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Holiday Book, November 7, 2014
This review is from: Memoirs of an Elf (Hardcover)
This is a delightfully entertaining book that is perfect for the upcoming holidays. The illustrations are colorful and certainly appealing to children. This humorous tale of Christmas night told from the point of view of one of Santa’s elves would be perfect for a classroom writing lesson.

If you are looking for books to purchase for the holiday season, you must add this one to your list.

Recommended for Grades 1-4.

Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery)
Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery)
by Mary Marks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
43 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Read, November 5, 2014
FTC Disclosure: I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm new to this series. I've really got to stop reading new to me series, my overflowing must read list is just getting out of control. But I just can't seem to help signing up for Great Escape Book Tours. Lori just keeps introducing me to wonderful new authors.

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I've been in a bit of a reading slump of late. For the last month or so, most of what I've been reading has felt like a chore. Not this book. If I had not had to go to school and teach young children about library skills, I would have finished this book in one sitting.

Mary has created some delightful characters that I believe will appeal to all mystery lovers, not just those of us of a "certain age." Martha is both feisty and no-nonsene. She is certainly a loyal friend, the kind I would want on my side if I got into trouble. And Arlo Beavers better wake up and smell the coffee - Martha just might be too good for him. Another character I really like is Crusher. I hope we see more of him. Maybe I liked him so much because my husband rides a Harley or maybe it's because I pictured Crusher as the character that Trace Adkins played in the movie "The Lincoln Lawyer." Either way Crusher was a wonderful addition to the story. I appreciated the way Mary showed that not all bikers are scary.

Mystery lovers who enjoy quilting will appreciate the quilting tips, but I'm confident that non quilters will enjoy this book as well. I plan to go back and read the first installment in this series and I'm looking forward to the next.

The Case of the Stolen Sixpence (The Mysteries of Maisie Hitchins)
The Case of the Stolen Sixpence (The Mysteries of Maisie Hitchins)
by Holly Webb
Price: $10.88
50 used & new from $4.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to any School or Classroom Library., September 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This first book in a series is a great addition to any school or classroom library. It is a great way to introduce young readers to mysteries. Maisie it a delightful character and I look forward to learning more about her and Eddie. I will be purchasing for this one for the school library.

Recommended for Grades 4 and up.

Louise Loves Art
Louise Loves Art
by Kelly Light
Price: $14.21
65 used & new from $9.20

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book for siblings, September 17, 2014
This review is from: Louise Loves Art (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great book for siblings. It's also a great book for the school or classroom library to be used in connection with art lessons. I loved the artwork in this book. And I know my students will love it as well. I will be purchasing it for the school library.

Mead Academie Wirebound Sketchbook, Medium Weight, 11 x 7.88 Inches Sheet Size, 70 Sheets (54062)
Price: $5.66
2 used & new from $5.66

5.0 out of 5 stars it's probably a bit nice for just sketching out ideas, September 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking for something to sketch out bulletin board ideas. This fit my needs perfectly. Actually, it's probably a bit nice for just sketching out ideas. My son who is more serious about his artwork, keeps trying to steal it from me.

We Were Liars
We Were Liars
by E. Lockhart
Price: $10.79
90 used & new from $6.71

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved it!, September 14, 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Hardcover)
This was one of my summer reads. It was amazing, thrilling, suspenseful and bit creepy. I loved the writing. I had me hooked from page one all the way through to the end. I truly felt for Cadence. And though I felt a twist of some sort was coming, I was truly surprised when it did. I don't want to give any spoilers, so you'll have to read the book for yourself. It's a quick read and certainly worth adding to your TBR list. I hate to say this, but I can imagine this book as a movie and if they don't dork it up, it would be a good movie.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Immunity Support Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Immunity Support Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Price: $7.16
7 used & new from $6.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love them, but I don't care for the smell or the price., September 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not an expert at dog nutrition. Sometimes I think I need a PhD just to read the labels. However, I like that these limited ingredient treats (Natural Balance offers a whole line of limited ingredient treats.) The first two ingredients are salmon and dried potatoes. There is no corn, wheat, or artificial flavors/colors. Does it really provide immunity support? I'm not a doggie nutritionist nor a vet, so I can't say one way or the other. The dogs love them, even the picky eater. So why didn't I give them a higher ranking? The price and the smell. I wouldn't have paid $13.68 for just 4 ounces. As for the smell, it's a good thing the dogs snarfed them down quickly before the smell knocked us all out.

Case Logic CL-NIPH-600 iPhone 5C Case - Glitter Silver
Case Logic CL-NIPH-600 iPhone 5C Case - Glitter Silver
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $8.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, but . . ., August 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an attractive light weight case for the iPhone 5C. Fits the phone snuggly and has a good grip. It's not as heavy nor as bulky as some of the other cases (such as otter box). This is both a plus and a minus. I like that it doesn't make my phone feel so rock heavy, however t know that if I drop my phone with the otter box it's safe. I don't get that sense of safety with this case and I'm not willing to go around dropping my phone on purpose just to find out if I'm wrong.

Rachael Ray Cucina Oven-To-Table Hard Enamel Nonstick 2-1/2-Quart Covered Round Casserole, Pumpkin Orange
Price: $31.99
9 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for small dishes, August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had a good experience with every Rachel Ray product I've tried and this one was no exception.

The lid fits well, easy to take on and off. And the size is perfect for small meals, though I wouldn't use it for potlucks.

The lid fits well and easy to put on and take off. The size is perfect for small meals. Cleans up well. Wonder if I can get it in pink?

Quartet Magnetic Combination Board, 17 x 23 Inches, Dry-Erase and Cork, Black/Silver Frame (79370)
Price: $21.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Wont' stay up., August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was hoping to be able to use this at school. The size and shape are perfect, but it just won't stay on the wall. The double sided sticky foam just doesn't hold it up. There doesn't seem to be any other way to mount it on the wall. It comes with two magnets and a dry erase pin with an eraser on the cap. The eraser is a bit too small. It might have been better to not even have included it.

This would be very useful if it would just stay on the wall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20