Profile for Michael D. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael D. RSS Feed (Palm Desert, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Hard Clamshell Sunglass Case Collection - Many Colors - (AS113) (Black with Pouch)
Offered by My Eyeglass Case
Price: $11.95

1.0 out of 5 stars They might work for smaller wear over sunglasses glasses but are useless for, September 10, 2014
Too small for large wear over sunglasses. Much larger than necessary for regular glasses. They might work for smaller wear over sunglasses glasses but are useless for me

ESS Gent Men's Golden Case Skeleton Dial Hand-Wind Up Leather Mechanical Watch WM208
Offered by 1MegaMall
Price: $14.35
10 used & new from $13.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless! After winding mine runs (at most) about an ..., July 7, 2014
Useless!
After winding mine runs (at most) about an hour.

360 Electrical 36052 Power Curve 7 Outlet Surge Protector
360 Electrical 36052 Power Curve 7 Outlet Surge Protector
Price: $39.99
14 used & new from $27.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It can only fit 4 typical transformers, May 28, 2014
The rotating plugs seemed like a good idea but I can get the same number of power cords on a Monster travel plug and it is much smaller and handier.
In my usage, I don't really need another surge protector since everything is coming through a large one. (I have 9 devices plugged into power in addition to my computer and monitor. The power cords make a rats nest and I'm trying to tame them so space is at a premium.)

NOVA "Mack" 4215 Walker, Red
NOVA "Mack" 4215 Walker, Red
Price: $204.29
8 used & new from $199.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Brakes/tires are a weak point-a fatal flaw!, April 16, 2014
I bought my first one because my legs were getting weaker (for a then undiagnosed problem in my spine) and needed it to move computer equipment around. The braking capability didn't last long. I had to adjust the brakes frequently and they finally reached the point that they couldn't be adjusted adequately because the tire was worn away at the point of contact with the brake. A call to a couple of dealers indicated they would charge $100 just to look at it-parts and labor for repair would be extra. By the time this occurred I had had two spinal surgeries and was quite weak. Aside from the brakes/tires I liked it pretty well. Rather than trying to get it in to be (maybe) fixed, I bought a second through Amazon prime. In fairly short order the brakes were also bad. By then I was beginning to recover from my back problems enough to mess with repairing the brakes.. I also use it for exercise. One of the brake cables broke for unknown reason and nova quickly sent a replacement cable under warranty. I spent some time and money trying to keep the brakes up.
As I recover, I need the rollator to exercise. I walk around a track with a trainer and sit on the rollator for upper body exercise. After I barely avoided a fall when the Nova got away from me last week, I decided it was time to get another brand. I received a Medline Bariatric Rollator Walker/Seat 400 lb Capacity last week. I like it enough that I ordered a second so I'll have one for my truck as well as one around the house.
We'll see how the brakes hold up. The tire material appears harder (plastic or rubber?) and the brakes are designed quite differently with more mechanical advantage.
The Medline is also a couple of inches wider so it feels much more secure when walking especially on any kind of side hill. The seat is much more comfortable. It cost only $118 through Amazon. Even if they prove to be disposable like the Nova, they cost much less.

WD TV Live Media Player Wi-fi 1080p
WD TV Live Media Player Wi-fi 1080p
Price: $89.00
64 used & new from $51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality -5 minute setup, April 4, 2014
It installed easily and immediately recognized the networked drive. ISO versions of my movies play great! Being able to organize them on the hard drive gives me some hope I may tame my previously out of control collection.

I tested the Netflix streaming and it also played great. It appears to be equal to our Roku except that Roku has more apps. It also has Dramafever which is a great site for Asian dramas.

I'm happy to have both the Roku and the WD TV live.

NOVA Cup Holder for Rollator/Wheelchair
NOVA Cup Holder for Rollator/Wheelchair
Price: $19.06
23 used & new from $16.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drinkholder!, January 23, 2014
I've had them on two different rollators as well as an elliptical crosstrainer.
Its made of a durable plastic and compares favorably with drink holders I used on a sailboat.
The cup holder expands to take large soft drink cups. It holds them securely, even when full.
I haven't had one fail yet.
I'm buying a third for another rollator-the kind which easily makes itself narrower to go through narrower doors by folding up like a typical wheelchair. I will need to figure out how to mount the cupholder since the new rollator isn't a Nova, It is a Drive Medical Nitro with a different sized tubing. I'm confident that I can find a good way to mount it.

3 Natural Cinnamon Candy Canes, NO Corn Syrup, Hammonds Handmade, 2 Oz Red/White Stripe
Offered by Perfect Corners Collectibles

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived late and broken., December 19, 2013
Two of three were fragments. They were useless for Christmas ambiance.
I'm not going to bother returning them but I advise against buying them!

Anker® Uspeed USB 3.0 4-Port PCI-E Express Card (3 external, 1 internal) with 5V 4-Pin Power Connector and SATA to 4-Pin Cable
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, great!, December 11, 2013
I have a Velocity Micro which is just old enough that it came with USB 2. I use several large USB 3 external drives. My computer is fast and stable. A couple of years ago I tried two different brands of USB 3 PCI cards (not Anker). The increase in speed compared to USB 2 was dramatic. With both cards however I was subject to frequent blue screens. Recently I decided to try USB 3 again and bought and installed this Anker card. Third times a charm. It installed easily and has performed flawlessly.

Accessory Kit for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-LX7 - Includes: Auto Lens Cap (4.7mm deeper for use with Filters) + 37mm Lens Adapter Ring + Filter Kit (UV, Polarizer, Fluorescent) + LCD Screen Protector + MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Digital Goja
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth as silk!, November 25, 2013
They came quicker than promised. I bought them for my Leica Dlux 6.
I had read the reviews here so I practiced taking off the outer ring. I used a small piece of rubber between my hand and the lens and I pressed and turned counterclockwise with the whole hand (didn't squeeze with my fingers.) The outside ring came loose easily from its bayonet mount on the camera body. I then removed the ring (held on by a screw mount on the telescoping part of the lens. Your adapter went on perfectly. After cleaning the lens and the filter I installed a uv filter by screwing it into the adapter.

I then put the auto lens cap on.

Everything went perfectly and I was finished in a couple of minutes.

It looks great and should protect well.

The filters are Vivitar Series 1 and the LCD screen protector is high quality and went on easily without bubbles!

Allnice® WF-502B Cree XM-L T6 LED 5 Mode Flashlight + Battery + Charger
Allnice® WF-502B Cree XM-L T6 LED 5 Mode Flashlight + Battery + Charger
Offered by allnice
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, September 23, 2013
I have five Fenix lights-various sizes including a couple of LD1s, a LD20, a LD41 and a TK75. I've been through a couple of big earthquakes where we were tossed out of bed into a darkened house with no power. I really like having plenty of light for the task at hand.

I didn't really need more lights but I couldn't pass up the UltraFire 502B for under $19 including two 18650 UltraFire batteries and charger. While I was at it I got two more 18650 batteries for under $6.00. I haven't had it very long but so far the quality isn't distinguishable from Fenix.

I have since bought another UltraFire for a gift.

My LD41 looks a little brighter than the Ultrafire and it covers a little bigger area. Assuming that the UltraFire holds up, it is a terrific deal. I'm interested in the performance of the UltraFire batteries relative to the Fenix. Time will tell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5