Profile for C. Tseng > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Tseng RSS Feed

Outward Hound 31011 Hide-A-Squirrel Squeak Toy Dog Toys 4-Piece, Large, Brown
Outward Hound 31011 Hide-A-Squirrel Squeak Toy Dog Toys 4-Piece, Large, Brown
Price: $9.99
40 used & new from $8.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for bigger dogs, September 10, 2014
My 50lb pit loves this toy but it lasts about 30 min before it's in pieces on the floor and stuffing in her mouth. Not good for bigger dogs. Will not be buying again.

Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $1,449.00
50 used & new from $1,089.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS LENS!, February 24, 2009
This lens is Awesome...if you know how to use it. This is the second time I've bought this lens. I've had all versions of the 50mm, f/1.8, f/1.4 twice, and f/1.2L twice. The 1.2 version is in a class of it's own! I shoot with a 1D Mark III and had to micro adjust the lens +9. Now I can shoot wide open at f/1.2 all day long and get sharp pictures. There is no way I could do that with the f/1.4 version. Even after microadjusting it I would still get very bad focus shifts.

Manual focus on the f1.4 is very difficult due to the play on the outside focus ring. You need to turn it 1 or 2mm before the lens would actually focus. Not with the f1.2 version. When you turn the focus ring it will react instantly, no lag. It's a pleasure to manual focus.

I have a 24-70mm f/2.8L, 17-40mm f/4L, and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. They are now collecting dust on my desk. The 50mm has not left my Mark III since I calibrated it. It's so small (compared to my other lenses) I can carry it everywhere. The f/1.2 allows me to shoot pretty much anywhere I want so I don't even need to carry a flash. This thing can see in the dark!

So if you're deciding between the f/1.4 or the f/1.2, just go borrow or rent the lens and try it out first. Online reviews don't mean anything. Shoot with it for a week and you'll be hooked. Hands down my favorite lens! If I had to pick one lens to cover my weddings it would be the Canon 50mm f/1.2L!!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2011 6:19 PM PDT