Profile for Efrain Rivera Jr. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 112

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Efrain Rivera Jr. "UltraJ" RSS Feed (Anasco, PR United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
AccuMeasure MyoTape MT05 and AM-3000 Fitness 3000 Personal Body Fat Tester Kit
AccuMeasure MyoTape MT05 and AM-3000 Fitness 3000 Personal Body Fat Tester Kit
Offered by Pro Therapy Supplies
Price: $7.14
9 used & new from $7.14

4.0 out of 5 stars It Gets The Job Done And It's Cheap, December 20, 2013
You can't beat the price for this combo. But you will definitely have to go online to download a better chart and instructions on how to use this. It's a great instrument for you to keep track of your body fat lose. Plus, all those electric instruments don't really work. So THIS is what you really want so to measure your body fat.

Puerto Rico the PC game
Puerto Rico the PC game
11 used & new from $0.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Just NOT the Same as Board Game, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Puerto Rico the PC game (CD-ROM)
I find it so funny when gamers say the are experts playing Puerto Rico when all they do is play the PC and Online version of this great game.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE BOARD GAME! Long story short: Skip this PC Garbage and stick to the Table Board Game Version. For more details keep reading.

Here are the main differences between both versions:

1. Setting up the Board Game may take a long time, while setup is not necessary on the PC version unless you choose to play with the Game Expansion. I don't find this that much of a problem unless you are the only one left setting up the game.

2. Playing the Board Game version will take between one and two hours. You can play and entire game on the PC version in 15 minutes. I prefer the one hour game interaction with friends... but that's just me.

3. Strategy and game interaction is TOTALLY different between the two versions. Those who believe they can use their online strategy while playing with friends on a table will be terribly surprised when they get creamed by Table Veterans.

4. Playing the PC and Online versions of Puerto Rico is SCRIPTED. And sadly these versions have made many to come to the conclusion that the Board Game version is the same. This PC version has diluted and done more harm than good to this awesome game. The Board Game version is not scripted at all. You HAVE to keep your eye on the game or you WILL lose. Unless you are playing against morons, Ha!

5. Nothing beats hanging out with your friends while playing the Board Game version. Trying to predict their moves and change your strategy accordingly is priceless. You will read that many hate this game because of the unfair advantage to those who start fourth with Corn, etc. Well they are talking about the PC version, and most of these Haters have never played the Board Game version.

6. What REALLY hurts the PC version is that it is really hard to keep track of what all the players are doing. You can't really get a strategy going with this version. And since it's such a fast paced game, our opponents will freakout if you take too long. You do not have that problem with the Board Game version.

In conclusion, don't purchase this game unless you are a Puerto Rico Game collector and want to have it just for the sake of having it.

Have Fun!

4- Port Mini USB Hub
4- Port Mini USB Hub
4 used & new from $3.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product, August 18, 2013
I purchased this port for my laptop. It installed with no problems whatsoever as soon as I connected it. That was the only good thing about this port.

I tried connecting USBs, external hard drives, my portable mouse, etc. to this thing. It would either NOT work or keep turning, what ever was connected, on and off. I tried and I tried to make it work properly since I really needed the extra ports. One of the ports was so poorly aligned that nothing could fit.

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend this... thing, to anyone.

Orgreenic Kitchenware Non-Stick Ceramic, 16-Piece Set
Orgreenic Kitchenware Non-Stick Ceramic, 16-Piece Set
Offered by Nicepriceforphones
Price: $140.00
4 used & new from $140.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Completely Surprised At Amazon, September 10, 2012
Let me start by saying that the product itself deserves 5 Stars. It DOES work just as advertised. So if you are wondering whether to buy these pots and pans or not, then the answer is YES. BUT... according to my experience and from those I've read, DO NOT purchase them from amazon.com.

1. Horrendous Packaging - I'm completely surprised at amazon for packaging these items so poorly. If this is a way to charge UPS's insurance, let me tell you that I already gave them a heads up that the box was NOT damaged on the outside. Which means that these items were packed already damaged.

2. Rusted? - Not only did all of the pots and pans come in damaged and scratched, but some were RUSTED, RUSTED! Can you believe this crap?

3. No More Free Shipping to Puerto Rico - So we paid an extra $25.00 for a ruined set.

4. Not Complete - We never received the Cook Book.

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU AMAZON? I've been a customer since the days when you only sold books and you were always known for great service, quality and, some would believe, over-careful packaging. And now THIS?! I feel ashamed FOR you.

POOF-Slinky - Ideal Bible Trivia Game, 0C818
POOF-Slinky - Ideal Bible Trivia Game, 0C818
Price: $10.36
35 used & new from $10.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Bible Trivia Game, December 25, 2011
From day one we all loved this game. You get a card with five questions with multiple choices plus a Bonus Question after question five. There is always some interesting data you can read after each question. There are some 'Judgement Cards' intended to add to the game play. We found them kinda dull. First one to move to the end of the board wins.

This is how we play to make it very fun:

1. We always play in teams of two or more players. Some questions are basic, some are very difficult. So we found out that teams make it better to play.

2. You roll the die and listen to the question but not the multiple choices. You/Your team, decides if you want to take a shot at answering the question for the entire amount rolled. If not then you ask for the multiple choices but will then get only half the points (rounded up) if you answer correctly.

3. The bonus question: If answered incorrectly instead of going back 6 spaces, you roll the die and that's the amount you go back.

4. Have FUN. It's not about winning or losing. Give hints to weaker players, laugh at silly answers, and just enjoy what you learn as you play along.

Warning: One question usually leads to the next. So if you are going to verify the answer in the bible or make a comment on the theme, be careful not to give up the answer to the next question.

The Skinny on Direct Sales: Your first 100 days
The Skinny on Direct Sales: Your first 100 days
by Jim Randel
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $12.43
45 used & new from $2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book. Fun and to the Point., December 9, 2011
The Skinny On Series has quickly begun my favorite set of self-improvement books. And Direct Sales was no exception.

As a person who has worked in sales for the past 22 years I can say that even though most of what I read was not new it certainly was refreshing. There are points that we as sellers sometimes take for granted. There are things that we know we know but just don't seem to put into practice. This over the top awesomeness of a book certainly helped me remember WHY I got into sales in the first place and put me back on track on reaching my future goals.

Even though `Direct Sales' is designed for helping those who are just about to start in this venue I do recommend reading this book to EVERYONE. And I mean this in the whole sense of the word since many of the points and suggestions given and analyzed here can not only be used in direct sales but also in many aspects of our daily lives and in any effort we make to improve ourselves.

Everything from being Organized, achieving Time Management Skills, To Do Lists, being Focused, the importance of Listening, staying Realistic, being Patient, to the Ethics of Sales is considered in this guide.

Great book! Simple! Fun! Funny! Extremely Helpful! You just can't beat that.

Lateral Approach to Taking Charge: Simple Principles for New Bosses on Building Authority and Partnerships
by Ho Wing Sit
Price: $17.84
17 used & new from $1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and to the Point., December 4, 2011
Lateral Approach to Taking Charge

This book is a very simple guide made for those who were just promoted or those who were assigned to lead a new project and are expected to bring in results quickly.

If you are a person who either has little time to read volumes of boring tomes on the subject, or you just don't like or feel like wasting your time on doing so, then this book is for you.

You will find very helpful points such as:

*How and why to manage your boss
*Turn problems into opportunities
*Getting together your team
*How to educate and inspire the people you manage
*Establish authority and leadership
*Start from scratch
*Balance the best from existing relationships
And so on.

What I liked the most from this book is what is called "Alex Notebook". It's a series of highlighted main points that are so well done that you might get the full benefit of the book while reading ONLY Alex notes.

Simply, fun and direct... that's exactly my cup of tea.

The Skinny on Willpower: How to Develop Self Discipline
The Skinny on Willpower: How to Develop Self Discipline
Price: $7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars With Self-Disciple, All Things Are Possible, February 17, 2011
When it comes down to it, I believe that the biggest obstacle that has worked against me in all aspects of my life is my lack of self-discipline. That's why I took great interest in this particular Skinny On title. My verdict? I loved it.

I'm pretty sure that I would not have endured reading all these huge self-improvement books without boring myself to death. The Skinny On is simple, it's fun, it's entertaining, and it's very helpful.

I have found myself taking notes from this book and examining them daily. Not a week goes by without me citing from this book as I engage my friends and colleagues.

Whether you are trying to lose weight or open your own business the information presented here is priceless. In this book we learn the importance of positive thinking and how to obtain it, different ways to use our energy to develop willpower, how to resist negative pressures and take appropriate actions day in and day out, how to sustain the willpower we will need to achieve our goal, what NOT to do to hinder our progress, how to use the power of inertia, why to keep our impatience in check, how to create a willpower plan (My Favorite Part), and 5 steps for building mental fortitude and focus. I could go on and on but you're better off reading the book for yourself.

My life has improved a great deal since I have been reading and following the suggestions found in these pieces of treasure titled The Skinny On. The examples given are very fun and very interesting. How can something so simple have so much helpful information is beyond me. I hope and pray that this book will bring as much joy to you that it has done to me.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step"

The Skinny on the Art of Persuasion: How to Move Minds
The Skinny on the Art of Persuasion: How to Move Minds
by Jim Randel
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $12.46
30 used & new from $4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Persuasion is an Art, and You Can Learn How, January 26, 2011
The Skinny On is a new series of publications that use a progression of drawings, dialogue and text intended to convey information in a concise and entertaining fashion. The Skinny On team has done all the homework and research for us, mixed in their experiences and distilled all that useful information into their books for our benefit.

The Art of Persuasion Book is a very good. It's unbelievably simple and easy to follow. It's Unique, different, fun and entertaining to read, and most important of all, it delivers.

Although I'm sure many will think to themselves that there is nothing here that they don't already know, I found this information very useful and very applicable in my daily business dealings and every day life. In this book you'll learn that Persuasion is a Skill that can be learned, the importance of making a connection, the importance of preparation, when to talk, when listen and when to shut up. You'll also learn about the principle of scarcity, how to be subtle, consistent and honest. Jim Randel gives many every day examples with a few of his own experiences, including a very Embarrassing Real Estate personal anecdote. He is concise, funny and entertaining.

And as always, for those that are interested in more detailed information, the Skinny On will let you know where to find it.

I personally loved this book and have found myself quoting from it frequently. I will recommend this book to any and everyone I can. Awesome reading, Awesome information.

Now go out there and sell a Cat to a Mouse.

The Imposter - How a Juvenile Criminal Succeeded in Business and Life
The Imposter - How a Juvenile Criminal Succeeded in Business and Life
by Kip Kreiling
Price: $15.99
48 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One Book Everyone Should Read, January 26, 2011
The Imposter is a book that I can honestly say has changed my life forever. The way I now look at life, my past, the present and my future started after sharing with Kip Kreiling a bit of my time while reading his honest story.

This book is a combination of the author's memoirs with the philosophies or principles that have guided him towards a complete reformation in life. What I love about these principles is that they can be applied in many ways. Whether you are seeking a life saving transformation, success in business, struggling to lose weight, dealing with family and work challenges, the principles that Kip Kreiling shares with us in his book will inspire and motivate you.

The book is structured as a guide for describing the eight principles of transformation that helped Kip Kreiling reform his life; and that can help anyone who has embarked on their own journey of personal or organizational change.

I won't bore you with too much more details. All I can say is that you have nothing to lose by reading this book, and so much to gain. I personally thank Kip Kreiling for sharing this with me. I am a different person today, and am set on my own journey as I seek to finally reach my goals in many aspects of my life. And in great part most, if not all of these eight principals, have inspired me and are guiding me as they did him.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12