Profile for Joelle Brodeur > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joelle Brodeur "girllennon" RSS Feed (Deerfield Beach, FL USA)

Radio Flyer Classic Bumper Car
Radio Flyer Classic Bumper Car
Offered by Bargain Ben
Price: $85.88
4 used & new from $81.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Going Strong After 2 Years of Ownership, October 19, 2014
We've owned this bumper car for 2 years and my son still loves it. He will be 4 soon and loves scoot around super fast on this thing and spin around. I never bothered putting batteries in it to get the sound effects. He has enough things that make noise. It is on the small side but we got it based on a video review. I've seen grown adults scoot around with no problem and its sturdy enough to support the weight. Not sure why it's double what I paid now (did not buy it on Amazon).

Overall, it's a great riding toy that can last beyond the initial age range. It can take a beating without worrying about breakage.

Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike (Blue)
Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike (Blue)
Price: $86.99
18 used & new from $71.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Cool Ride, October 18, 2014
I got this trike in red for Christmas last year for my son who turned 3 just days before the holiday. It wasn't purchased on Amazon but I bought it second hand for a mere $25. It took a few months for my son to learn to pedal this thing because it's heavy and he wasn't strong enough. It is a great little trike with a nice low center of gravity. Extremely sturdy, too, and it helps that it has real tires instead of pneumatic ones. Once my son was able to finally pedal this thing, he loved it even more. I love the fact that it will grow with him. He's almost 40 inches tall and the seat is still on the first seat setting.

The only negative thing I have regarding the trike is how easily the chrome finish has pitted on the rear fenders. I always keep the trike indoors when not in use, so I'm not certain if the previous owner stored it outside. I have seen other reviews where people complained about the same issue. Other than that, it shouldn't detract from buying it. Purely cosmetic issue and your kid will not really notice, only parents. We plan to hang onto his trike to pass onto grandkids eventually.

It's a classic Retro styling that both kids and adults alike love. It's just so cool looking, but it's a solid trike and not flimsy at all. Very happy that I got this instead of the classic Radio Flyer trike.

Sherpani Luggage Trevia, Heathered Black, One Size
Sherpani Luggage Trevia, Heathered Black, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag for Moms on the Go, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Sherpani Luggage Trevia (Apparel)
I love Sherpani bags. Out of the multiple bags I have owned over the years, Sherpani makes bags that are modern, stylish and more importantly, functional. I already own the Cappi crossbody bag. Loved the functionality, hated that it was in moss green due to dirt showing easily. I needed to upgrade my bag because even though I'm out of the diaper bag stage, I carry a small, folding potty seat for my son when we're out. The Trevia was the bag I finally chose out of the other Sherpani bags I was pondering.

Not only does the Trevia carry the folding potty seat, but it holds my tablet, too. I keep some antibacterial wipes and tissues in the front pocket (the one that's a bit challenging to open at first). Keep keys and Sherpani Wink wallet in the front zippered pocket. Carry other items inside and the outer rear pocket is great for holding receipts, shopping lists and other miscellaneous items you need quick access to. Outer side pocket is great for a smaller cell phone or other small items you need to access.

The only minor complaint is that I am so used to my Cappi, I was spoiled by the fact that I didn't need a wallet (it had the pocket in the front for that purpose). The Trevia doesn't have a coin purse attached or other compartment to serve as a wallet. Probably due to the size of the bag, a feature like that may be a more of a headache than it's worth. At least the Wink wallet can fit in the upper front pocket for convenience.

It is a great bag, a bit stiff, but a bag this size that is designed to carry tablets or ereaders needs structure to support those devices and protect them. It suits my needs perfectly and it's great in the heathered black color. Won't show dirt as easily and the deep charcoal color can work with most styles.

Munchkin Arm & Hammer Natural Fit Potty
Munchkin Arm & Hammer Natural Fit Potty
Price: $21.99
9 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Distraction Free Potty Training, January 25, 2014
My son turned 3 last month and we were ready to tackle potty training for a second time. This potty is perfect because it's simple, easy to clean and has a decent sized bowl. I mulled through many different choices and had to do size comparison at a physical store. I was originally going to get the larger Baby Bjorn seat, but there were two things I did not like about the Bjorn: first, the lip of the potty was set in the seat frame, so the rim does not go out to the edge like on Natural fit and second, the Bjorn was too shallow.

The natural fit potty has a deeper bowl to hold more and if poop was plentiful, it wouldn't touch my son's rump. I experienced this first hand yesterday with a tall, softball sized poop. If he had done that epic dump on the Bjorn, it would have been smashed up against his rump.

It's also perfect because it isn't a toy. My son is distracted enough and the last thing I need is noise, lights and characters since he needs to sit long enough to do his business. This thing is a breeze to clean and skin doesn't get pinched because of the nice, wide rim. It's just tall enough for him at this stage (some reviewers complained about height). The wider footed base keeps it grounded and the baking soda disc does help.

He loves his potty now that he comfortable with the concept of using something other than a diaper. Simplicity is the best way to go and your kid can decorate it with stickers (if that's what motivates them to use the potty). When you're shopping for a potty, regardless if you get the Natural Fit or not, compare them carefully and remember to account for the depth the bowl. This one is perfect for our needs after comparing the others. Actual use made the difference and I'm happy I got this one and not settled on Bjorn or the Froggy Potty.

Skywriting by Word of Mouth : And Other Writings, Including "The Ballad of John and Yoko"
by John Lennon
Price: $11.12
121 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the Walrus, May 1, 2008
This was the first of John's books that I had read (over 17 years ago when I was 15) and I thoroughly enjoyed the images and twisted humor that was one of his trademarks. In order to totally understand the content, you've got to be 1) familiar with Beatle humor, 2) John Lennon's humor, 3) Goon-Show humor, and 4) especially the work of Lewis Carol. This is by far one of the best works of writing that I have ever had the pleasure to read. Far more entertaining than TV and movies: each short story or Lennonism has, in Yoko's words, " a cinematic quality". This book was written over the 5 year period when John walked away from public life; his wit and perspective is as sharp as ever as he pokes fun and reflects on the trials he (and Yoko) endured at the hands of the US Government. No one from those days are safe as he creates stories based on these real-life characters. He even has stories and passages which are linked (vaguely) to his 2 previous books, (in particular, "In His Own Write"). John takes no pains in poking fun at himself and reflecting on his life as a Beatle and his own existence. It really is a frank look at how he viewed his life and how others perceived him. Oh, and don't forget about the drawings that are spinkled throughout the book because they're not rated "PG".