Profile for zvi LikesTV > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

zvi LikesTV RSS Feed (East Coast, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
BOBS from Skechers Women's Keepsakes - Delight-Fall Mule,Charcoal,10 XW US
BOBS from Skechers Women's Keepsakes - Delight-Fall Mule,Charcoal,10 XW US

5.0 out of 5 stars slips on an off easily, and has a low-key fashion profile that blends ..., January 9, 2015
My office is an icebox, so I wanted a warm slipper that didn't look casual. This fits the bill. It's warm, slips on an off easily, and has a low-key fashion profile that blends with most outfits, while still looking a bit particular.

ProCase SlimSnug Case for NVIDIA Shield Tablet, Ultra Slim and light, Hard Shell Cover, with Stand, Exclusive for 2014 NVIDIA Shield 2 Tablet (Purple)
Offered by Tech Vendor
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The case is a great color, it snaps tightly to the tablet, January 9, 2015
The case is a great color, it snaps tightly to the tablet, and the magnetic lock does wake the tablet as advertised.

The case does not make the table too big to hold one-handed, even though I have little lady hands. It's a little bit heavy for it's size. That is to say, I'm fine with holding the tablet in the case while I'm sitting, but I often like to read and pace, and after 30 minutes or so, I want to take the case off.

The one thing that this tablet doesn't really have is a "stand". You can fold the case to prop it, but this doesn't feel particularly stable to me. To be fair, I have not tried to use the stand function often, as I prefer to read on my tablet like a book.

Thermos Intak Hydration Bottle with Meter, Purple
Thermos Intak Hydration Bottle with Meter, Purple
Price: $12.20
9 used & new from $11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars fits in hand, holds water, no spills, August 9, 2013
I have small hands, and so I'm often tempted to buy a water bottle with intents, but those are hard to clean. The curve and width of this bottle fit my hands easily and gently. I also like that there is a spout, and that the spout is covered to prevent things falling in it.

Sister Wives Season 1
Sister Wives Season 1
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 5, 2013
I like seeing a show about people who love each other and are trying to work through their relationships and create and maintain a good bond between them. It's like a bunch of lesbians processing among a sea of children; it's great.

Navitech Bycast Leather Carry Case Cover With Adjustable Stand For The Google Nexus 7 Tablet-Black

1.0 out of 5 stars blocks power button, July 18, 2012
The materials on this case are great, but the corner holder blocks easy access to the power button. Don't buy.

Women's (12 Pairs) Crew Socks - Many Designs Available
Women's (12 Pairs) Crew Socks - Many Designs Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Pictures don't do the socks justice, October 17, 2011
I got the "blossom" pattern, and the socks are much uglier than I thought they would be from the picture. The colors are more garish in real life, and the socks clash with themselves.

The fabric feels scratchy, the legs are too tight, and the socks themselves are sized very small. I bought the 9-11 because I usually wear an 8 1/2 shoe, and I can only just squeeze my feet in.

Avery Postcards for Inkjet Printers, 5.5 x 4.25 Inches, White,  Box of 400 (8577)
Avery Postcards for Inkjet Printers, 5.5 x 4.25 Inches, White, Box of 400 (8577)
Offered by A J Studio
Price: $19.95
18 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect notecards, August 31, 2011
I bought this so that I could print out the notes for teaching Sunday School. These are great notecards, and they run through my printer like a dream.

The only problem with them is that the template doesn't give you any hint on how to match up the fronts and the backs.

Portable 3 in 1 Charger with Retractable USB, Folding Wall Charger & Car Charger For HTC EVO 4G

4.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable quality, January 8, 2011
Fits snug. I wish the connector cord were a little longer, and that it retracted smoothly. I sometimes have to tug on it a couple of times.

Otherwise, does what it says on the tin.

Under Contract (Cascade)
Under Contract (Cascade)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story with pain and ownership, October 11, 2010
This novel is very explicitly sexual, involving a lot of really hot, really painplay-oriented sex scenes in a setting about twenty minutes into the future where contract slavery has been legalized.

Personally, I can take or leave BDSM and kink, and I don't think legalized slavery makes for awesome sexytimes in the future.

What I love about this story is how much of it surrounds the emotional relationship between the characters. It's a story about a new relationship between a dom and a sub and the changing relationship between the dom and his lover (who is also a dom.) I like that it's a story where the characters are trying really hard to be good to each other, to connect to one another, and to care for one another.

I also like that, even though this is clearly a romance between these three guys, they are very clearly set in the context of a community where they have important friendships (and enmities) with other people around them, they're not just wrapped up in each other.

Great book, highly recommended.

Without Reservations
Without Reservations
by J. L. Langley
Price: $10.41
72 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Real racism is prejudice against white people, May 19, 2008
This review is from: Without Reservations (Paperback)
I didn't have high hopes for this book when a friend slipped me a copy, but sadly this book failed to live up to them.

It's about a "Native American" werewolf who falls in love with a white werewolf, but pretty much the only way you know Chay is a Native is because his mother is prejudiced against white people (completely irrationally, for no reason whatsoever, because everyone knows that white people have never, ever collectively acted against Indians, of course.)

She's also prejudiced against gay people, which is okay, because Chay, our Native hero, is not gay. He's just mated to a guy. (Bisexuality is apparently a concept he's never heard of and can't spell.)

But let's talk about this 'guy' he's mated to. 'Little Bit' has a big penis, but other than that he's beautiful like a girl; very, very small (I honestly started to wonder if he cleared four feet); let his last boyfriend (also not gay) mistreat him; and needs Chay to effeminize him and take over his life, whether or not he likes it.

In addition to the sketchy racial and gender politics of this book, the writing is bad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2009 6:58 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2