Profile for Canon man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Canon man "Work hard, have fun, make history." RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing (With Smart Swing Technology)
Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing (With Smart Swing Technology)
Price: $111.99
7 used & new from $111.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A genuine piece of junk, May 24, 2014
I bought this swing brand new. I read some mixed reviews online but the majority of all swings are made by fisher price so I purchased the nicest one. This is the second fisher price swing I've owned in the past couple of years and I can honestly say that their quality control is absolutely terrible.

Here's a list of things that make fisher price swings the worst swings you can buy.

1) They're expensive. They all typically cost between $120-$160.
2) They are not quiet. My son weighs about 10 pounds and all I hear all day is "clunk clunk, clunk clunk".
3) The motors are pathetic. After about 3 months mine started to slowly give up. I could only get the swing to work if I pushed it a couple of times to help the motor along. The motor finally died last night, about 1 year after purchase. 1 year might not seem terrible but my son has been in the hospital for 150+ days this year so in reality it broke after about 6 months of use.

This is the second fisher price swing I've purchased in the past 5 years. I thought the first one I bought was OK until the motor went out within the first year. Now that it's happened twice I decided to write a review.

Avoid Fisher price. I wish I could tell you another manufacturer that made a better swing. The real problem is that Fisher Price makes all of the swings in the stores! I don't even know what else to buy and I need a new swing today so I'll probably end up with another Fisher Price. Thankfully this new one won't need to last more than 6 months or so before I won't need it anymore. Let's hope it lasts that long.

I'm angry because these swings are mass produced, cheaply made junk meant to fall apart within a year. I can't believe Fisher Price has the audacity to charge as much as they do for these terrible swings.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2014 1:11 AM PDT

Black & Decker EK700 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife, White
Black & Decker EK700 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife, White
Offered by CV Trading Corp
Price: $15.90
83 used & new from $8.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, December 26, 2013
Man this thing gets bad reviews. In fact it seems like all electric knives on Amazon get mixed reviews so I decided to go with the cheapest option for Thanksgiving. I figured I couldn't get too mad if it did a terrible job for $10.

Pros:
- I've used it twice and both times it worked flawlessly. Once through a big turkey for Thanksgiving and the second time for cutting a 20 pound roast on Christmas. It worked just fine both times.
- The blades are pretty sharp. I don't know how long they will stay sharp but I cut my finger just touching a blade the day I got it.
- Easy to remove and clean the blades.
- Easy to operate with one hand.

Cons:
- It's obviously made as cheaply as possible.

I have no idea how long this thing will last but so far so good. Yes it's cheaply made but it sells for $10! It does a good job if you're looking for something to use 3-4 times a year.

Alpine White - Samsung Galaxy S3 Rearth Ringke SLIM LITE Premium Coated Glossy Hard Case - Eco Package
Offered by Rearth
Price: $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about 6 months, December 26, 2013
I got this case for my wife's S3 about 6 months ago. The case is made of hard plastic and has a nice rubbery feeling non-slip finish. The problem is that in the two places where the case is thinnest the plastic snapped. 1) next to the volume rocker on the left and 2) next to the button on the right. I suppose the case is still protecting the phone but the cheap plastic design didn't hold up long.

TERRO Scorpion Killer Spray  T2101
TERRO Scorpion Killer Spray T2101
Price: $14.71
5 used & new from $7.14

5.0 out of 5 stars It kills bark scorpions, November 26, 2013
I live in Phoenix and we have a pretty bad bark scorpion problem at my house. One hit with this spray kills them in about 2-3 minutes. In the summer my son and I will walk around the yard with a black light and spray the ones we can find. It sprays pretty far and just has to touch the scorpion to kill it. The bottle has lasted for over a year and I've gone on about 20 adventures with it.

Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush
Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush
Offered by Home and Living
Price: $2.16
33 used & new from $2.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable bottle brush, November 26, 2013
This is a good bottle brush. We've tried all sorts of brushes and this one seems to stay together better than most. It ended up falling apart after maybe a month. Highly recommended.

Shure HPAEC840 Replacement Ear Cushions For SRH840 Headphones
Shure HPAEC840 Replacement Ear Cushions For SRH840 Headphones
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $11.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but really warm, November 26, 2013
I got these to replace the stock pair of pads on my Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. These pads fit that headphone perfectly and are similar in size to the stock pads. They're also more comfortable and seem to provide a little bit of extra noise blocking. My only complaint is that they are pretty warm. Sitting in an office where the constant temp is around 75, I have to take them off every 30 minutes or so to let my ears breathe. It's not a big deal but they are a little warmer than the original pads. Overall I like them and think they are a good value for the price.

Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $496.95
25 used & new from $458.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Sharp, and Drop on the Concrete Durable, March 31, 2013
This lens took a 4 foot drop from the back of my SUV and bounced hard on concrete three times. I picked it up, horrified by what I might find. Not only did the lens still work perfectly but there wasn't a scratch on it. The lens hood has a single small scuff mark but that was all. A lens that can take this type of a beating without so much as a scratch deserves a review.

Pros:
- This lens and the 50mm 1.8g are arguably the best value lenses that Nikon makes. The $100 instant rebates Nikon has been having on this lens recently make it a steal!
- Super, ridiculously sharp from 1.8
- Focus is silent, fast, and spot on with my D7000
- Beautiful bokeh
- 99% of the $1500 85mm 1.4G for 1/3 of the price.
- Override manual focus with a touch.
- Includes lens hood
- Perfect portrait lens for DX or FX.

Cons:
- Made from durable, bounce off the concrete proof plastic instead of metal. Not sure if this is really a con.

I sold my $1000+ Nikon 85mm 1.4D and have never looked back. That lens focused slower, less accurate, and wasn't quite as sharp at 1.8. The only thing better about the 85 1.4D was that it was a hunk of solid metal and this lens is durable plastic. My pictures with the 1.8G are just as beautiful as the 1.4D. I don't regret selling the more expensive lens for one second after my experience with amazing lens.

Grip Base for Olympus OM-D E-M5 - Made in USA by J.B. Camera Designs
Grip Base for Olympus OM-D E-M5 - Made in USA by J.B. Camera Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, inexpensive grip alternative for the OM-D EM5, January 6, 2013
I've got pretty big hands and the standard grip on the Olympus OM-D is much too small and slick for me. I've always been afraid I might drop it. I wanted to get a grip but the one sold by Olympus is literally 1/3 of the price of the camera. I'm sure it's a really nice grip but outrageously priced in my opinion. I started searching for alternatives when I ran across this little hand made gem. Here's my list of pros and cons for this grip.

Pros:
1) Really Well made. I'm not sure what the material is they use but it appears to be a very hard plastic and is similar in my hand to a piece of hard aluminum.
2) Fits perfectly, allows easy access to the battery without having to remove the grip.
3) Great size for my hand. It doesn't decrease the portability of the camera at all and yet makes it so much easier to handle.
4) Very secure fit. There's a large brass screw at the bottom that will keep the grip in place.
5) The brass screw in the bottom can be used to mount the camera on a tripod.
6) Great price!

Cons:
For this price, cons are hard to find. It doesn't allow you to add an additional battery to the camera like the Olympus grip does but I knew that. The grip could also be a little better textured instead of being smooth although I'm 100x more confident holding this camera by the grip than I was holding the camera without it.

Overall a great design for a grip at a very good price. Olympus priced their grip so high that I knew there had to be a market for 3rd party alternatives. I was really happy to find this grip and can't imagine using the camera without it.

Fotasy AMNG Nikon G-type DX AFS Lens to Micro Four Thirds M43 MFT System Camera Mount Adapter (Black)
Offered by RainbowImaging
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $14.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, perfect adapter for Nikon G lenses, September 28, 2012
It's a shame that this product is rated so low. Unfortunately some of the people that ordered it got a product from Kiwi that was apparently terrible. The actual product that is now shipping from Rainbowimaging is fantastic. I'm using this with an Olympus OMD-EM5. Here's my list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- Well made! Solid metal, fits my Nikon lenses and Olympus perfectly.
- Aperture control. Just turn the dial on the mount and the aperture in the lens opens and closes.
- Works with Nikon G!, D, and AI lenses.
- Looks really nice.

Cons:
- Be careful taking it on and off the camera. Mine rotated a little past where is was supposed to and has a tiny scratch because of it.

List of lenses I have attached:
Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR

Overall:
Awesome product for an awesome price. If you need an adapter with aperture control, this is the one. I was really surprised by how well it was made for what it cost. The only thing I'm a little disappointing with is the darkness of the viewfinder and the LCD of the camera when taking pictures with manual lenses. This isn't a knock on the camera, just something that you should expect.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2014 10:37 PM PDT

Full Size Luna Premium Hypoallergenic 100% Waterproof Mattress Protector - 10 Year Warranty - Made In The USA
Offered by First Class Mattress
Price: $39.95

1.0 out of 5 stars 100% leaky, August 28, 2012
I'm sure this mattress works great for most people. Just look at all the rave reviews. I buy everything based on the reviews I read on this website and this is one of the few things I've ever bought with such amazing reviews that was so amazingly terrible. Let's do a quick rundown of my likes and dislikes of this waterproof mattress pad.

Likes:
1) It fit the bed

Dislikes:

My son is 3 and he rarely has accidents but when he does he really goes to town. I'm talking head to toe covered in pee. It's an interesting thing to deal with in the morning. So anyway, if someone claims something is waterproof I expect to be able to dump a bucket of water on it and not have it leak through cause you know it's waterproof and all. I suppose it is better than having nothing but only slightly. Each of the 3 times or so he wet the bed in the last several months ended up with me using resolve to get the giant 3 foot pee stains out of the brand new mattress he was laying on.

Now I'm no expert on waterproofing but I think 100% waterproof may be slightly overstating the truth here. Maybe "52% water absorbent" or perhaps "100% as good as lying on 2 sheets" would be a better description. To be fair it is possble I got a dud, the so called lemon of the waterproof mattresses. Or maybe my child is the king of pee and pushed this protector beyond the stress tests Luna could come up with at the factory. Sadly I'll never know because it's on it's way to the dump and I'm not buying another one. This is one mans experience here and everyone else seems to be pretty happy with it, just think twice about getting this if you're child has big accidents and you like the bed you bought them.
Comment Comments (15) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2014 7:04 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4