Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Heart Dad > Reviews

Browse

Heart Dad's Profile

Customer Reviews: 298
Top Reviewer Ranking: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heart Dad RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[LeisureUPTM ] 2nd Generation 2-Opening Design Inflatable Air Lounger Bubble with Pockets for Outdoor Camping Hiking BBQ as a Couch Sofa Bed or Hammock (Black)
Offered by Gommle
Price: $54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a novelty item but would be nice for the park or beach on a cool day., May 27, 2016
I kept seeing videos for this thing on Facebook and I thought it looked it awesome. I was offered this item for free in exchange for a review and I jumped at the chance. So how is it?

Pros:
+ It's made well and can hold a lot of weight. Three of us sat on it with all of our weight last night (about 380lbs) while it was fully inflated, and it held up just fine.
+ There's a little pouch one one side to hold your wallet and phone and a drink holder on the other. Very practical.
+ It's pretty comfortable. I managed to lay on it for 30 or 40 minutes without my back hurting and without getting sick of it.
+ Once I figure out how, filling it up was fast and pretty easy.
+ It's very compact and light when folded up and stored away into the included storage bag.

Neutral
= The price isn't great but not terrible either.

Cons:
- Filling it up was confusing. At first I spun in circles till I was dizzy. That didn't work. Then I ran up and down the street a couple times and still could get a lot of air in it. The thing is, you don't need a ton of air. You just get what you can in there and then roll up the end until it's big and poofy then lock the clip in place. I had to roll it maybe 5-10 times before the air in it made the seat tight enough to sit on.
- It's not very stable, sort of like a rocking chair from side to side. My 2 year old kept trying to climb up and it wanted to fall over every time he touched it. You need to sit right in the middle with your head back and feet to the sides or on top.
- The material is kind of warm, especially outside in the summer. I think I would only use this outside on cooler days of the year.
- Technically you can sit 2 people side by side but unless you weigh exactly the same one person is going to sink lower than the other and you'll end up reeeeeeallly close to each other.

Overall I think it's a pretty cool idea and I could see myself taking this with me camping or to the park. Recommended.

Little Boys Cotton Short Sleeves T-shirt & Short Pants 2-7T (3T)
Little Boys Cotton Short Sleeves T-shirt & Short Pants 2-7T (3T)
Offered by NobleChoi

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute baby clothes!, May 24, 2016
I have a 2 (soon to be 3) year old toddler who's a little small for his age. He's approximately 28 pounds and 36 inches tall. I was offered this outfit for free in exchange for my review so I accepted. I ordered the 3T size and the shirt fit him just fine but the pants are 1 size too big. The outfit is really cute and looks just like the picture. The materials are nice quality and it's reasonably priced. Highly recommended if you want a whale outfit for your toddler.

Mike's Hot Honey (12 oz)
Mike's Hot Honey (12 oz)
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff! Not too hot., May 24, 2016
This review is from: Mike's Hot Honey (12 oz) (Misc.)
I love me some honey, so when the seller of this honey contacted me and asked if I'd like to try some in exchange for a review I jumped at the chance. The first thing I did when it arrived was pour a generous amount onto some corn bread. And then I poured some more on another piece of corn bread. Then I put some on a tortilla chip. Then I put another dollop on my hand and just licked it off. What can I say? It's honey so it's automatically delicious and then it's been soaked in some reasonably spicy peppers so it has a little bit of that fresh pepper taste as well along with some spice. It's not too spicy, just a little bit. Summary: It's delicious spicy honey, buy some.

Queshark Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Running Cycling Fishing Hunting Golf Tr90 Unbreakable Frame (Color C1, 60)
Offered by TOP-QUESHARK
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good polarized glasses for $15, May 19, 2016
I'm really into mountain biking and have been searching for the perfect pair of sunglasses. This company sent me a pair of sunglasses for free in exchange for my honest review and I accepted. Here's what I think.

Pros:
+ The price is fantastic. $15 is cheap.
+ They look good.
+ The glasses stick on my head whether I'm running or biking for miles.
+ They come with a nice case and cleaning cloths.
+ I fell off the bike when wearing these glasses and they not only stayed on my face but didn't get damaged. They seem pretty durable.

Cons:
- The polarization isn't the best I've seen. If you look at things at an angle you will see that rainbow effect.
- They aren't the most comfortable glasses to wear under my helmet. After wearing them for a couple hours my ears hurt. I'm not sure if this is because my helmet pushes on the glasses but I wear other sunglasses with my helmet that don't have this problem.
- Only 1 lens is included. You can't swap out other lenses like other glasses at around $20. The lenses included with these glasses are fairly dark and only work really well in daylight. I would take them off at dawn and dusk because they are too dark.

Summary:
For $15 these are a good deal. I would recommend them for anyone who want's a dark set of polarized glasses to wear during the middle of the day. They work well for jogging or biking and will not fall off your head.

Coomatec MB-04 PIR Motion Sensor Detector Light Battery Operated for Outdoor/Indoor Use, with 4 Led, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but range isn't 400 sq ft in my experience, May 18, 2016
This is the second one of these battery powered lights I've tried. The operation is as simple as you can get. Put the batteries in the back, put the case back on, screw the base into a wall. The light only works in the dark which is exactly what you want. I was confused at first trying to test the motion sensor in a full lit room and it wasn't working. Well duh, you don't want it to turn on in broad daylight. I turned off all the lights in the room and it worked the moment I walked in the room. It's super bright and covers a large area. It's also a decent price. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't sense movement unless you're maybe 10 ft away at most. I tried to mount it on the roof above my garage and couldn't get it to come on when I was walking on the driveway. I had to mount it much lower on the wall to get it to work. Overall it's a good bright light and the motion sensor works well, I just wish the range was a little better.

Note: I got this for free in exchange for my honest review.

Magic Cuisine Set of 4 Nylon Cutting Boards with Stand, Chopping Board Multi Color
Offered by Magic International
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic nylon cutting boards. A little overpriced., May 18, 2016
Our cutting boards are all old and beat up. This seller contacted me and asked if I'd like to review these cutting boards for free in exchange for a review and I accepted. The cutting boards are very basic. They feel like plastic but are made of nylon apparently. I like that the cutting board have a loop to grab with your finger. It makes it really convenient to grab 1 out of a drawer. There are 4 different color and each has a different item on it. 1 for veggies, 1 for fish, etc... As far as I can tell there is nothing different about the 4 boards except for the color so I just use each of them for everything. They are dishwasher safe and clean easily. The base is cheap plastic but it holds up the boards just fine and it holds them all at different angles which makes it easy to grab the board you want. My only gripe is that the product seems pricey considering you're getting 4 plastic/nylon cutting boards. I think I'd pay no more than about 15-$20 for the set personally but I haven't shopped around to see what others are going for.

Seeutek® DIY 2 Gal Water Alcohol Wine Distiller Moonshine Still Stainless Boiler 8L
Offered by Factory wholesaler
Price: $104.00
3 used & new from $104.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for distilling water., May 18, 2016
Like other reviewers I got this item for free in exchange for my honest review. I don't have any intentions on making alcohol with it because that would be illegal. I have distilled some water with it which is very handy. I like to keep distilled water around to use in humidifiers and this is a handy way of making my own. The process is pretty slow, you can probably distill a gallon in a couple hours. The quality of the materials is very nice. Everything is stainless steel and copper. There's a temperature gauge to tell you how hot the liquid inside is. The instruction manual is very poor, I had to google all over the place to try to figure out how to use this thing. Overall it's a nice product for making distilled water. I have no idea if this is safe for making alcohol and if you're in the US, distilling alcohol for personal consumption is a federal crime so don't do it. You can make beer, but you can't remove the alcohol from it. Weird I know, but it's illegal.

Aceson A7 7" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 Tablet PC, IPS Display, 8GB Storage, Bluetooth 4.0 , Dual Camera, Support Netflix, Skype, Facebook, YouTube, Google Play - White
Offered by Aceson
Price: $44.90
2 used & new from $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't really go wrong for $50, May 17, 2016
I've got several different tablets but I've been looking for something to give my two year old to beat up. I was offered this tablet for free and I decided to accept the offer in exchange for a review just so he could have something to play with.

The tablet is a lot like the new Fire. It's about the same size, build quality, and speed. That's to say, it's responsive and made of plastic. It's got Android proper installed on it and setting it up was a breeze. If you've ever setup an android phone this is the same process. I hooked up my existing google account and I was off and running.

The big question here is whether this is worth $50 or not. I look at it like this. If you don't want the Kindle Fire because it's got the Amazon Fire OS installed on it and you just want normal Android, this is for you. Recommended if you want a basic cheap tablet for surfing the web and playing light games.

Shine Hai 6Pack of A19 LED Bulb 8W (60W Replacement ), E26 Base,3000K Soft White, 800 Lumens ,UL-listed, FCC-qualified
Offered by shine glory lighting limited
Price: $31.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cheap LED bulbs with nice color., May 17, 2016
I'm trying to replace all the bulbs in my house with LED's but it isn't a cheap process. This seller contacted me and asked if I'd like to review this 6 pack of bulbs for free and I jumped at the opportunity. The bulbs themselves are very ordinary LED bulbs. They bulb is plastic and the casing is metal. You can touch the plastic and it doesn't get hot to the touch. They only use 8 watts of electricity to put out the equivalent of a 60 watt bulb. This appears to be true in my testing. I had 3 bulbs in a lamp and used 1 60 watt bulb along with 2 of these LEDs. The three were basically equal in their light output. The color is nice and warm like a traditional bulb. Not quite orange, more like a yellow. They look nice. At $3 a piece these are a very good value. They don't dim so only use them in places where you don't need to use a dimmer. Highly recommended.

Lightest and Thinnest Protective Leather Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Case Fuschia
Offered by Zatous
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case for a good price, May 6, 2016
I got this case for my wife's kindle paperwhite. She's had the same case forever and this merchant offered me the case for free in exchange for my honest review. Here's what I think.

Pros:
+ It's cheap.
+ She really liked that the backside of the case has a strap where you can slip your hand under a handle. It makes the case really easy to hold.
+ It looks nice.
+ The clasp is magnetic which makes it easy to close and it stays closed.

Cons:
- The case is a little cheap. It's made of plastic wrapped in pink leather. What do you expect? It only cost 11.99.

Overall I think this is a nice case with some nice features if you're looking to save some cash and get a case on the cheap. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20