Profile for Canon man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Canon man "Work hard, have fun, make history." RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Door Monkey Door Lock and Pinch Guard
Door Monkey Door Lock and Pinch Guard
Price: $12.95
14 used & new from $9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars No more playing in the toilet!, April 22, 2015
This door lock is exactly what I was looking for to keep my toddler out of the bathroom. He's recently figured out how open any door with a latch handle and his favorite thing to do is go into the guest bathroom and play in the toilet. I stuck this on the door and bam! He's stopped in his tracks.

Pros
- Does exactly what it says it will do. Keeps toddlers and babies from opening doors.
- It's still really easy for adults and older kids to open the door.
- It takes 1 second to install, it's temporary, and it doesn't leave any marks on the door.

Cons
- This may or may not be a con for you but when you use this door lock it keeps the door open a couple inches.
- It doesn't fit all of my doors. I would love if the part that grips the door was re-sizable so that I could get another one to put on a thicker door.
- It's only going to work for so long because in the end it's made from pretty weak plastic. If my six year old pushed the door pretty hard I'm pretty sure it would break.

Overall this is a great tool for keeping small kids 1-3 out of rooms they shouldn't be in. I've very pleased with it.

FluxTM Melody - Bluetooth Color Changing LED Light Bulb With Speaker - Smartphone Controlled Dimmable Smart LED Lights
Offered by Red Mountain e-Store
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The light-bulb you didn't know you needed., April 15, 2015
I've been looking at Bluetooth speakers for a while now and like most people I've also been thinking about replacing the old bubs in my house with these new power efficient LED bulbs. I saw this bulb with a speaker built in and immediately thought this is genius! So I got one. Here are my thoughts.

Pros:
- This is a high quality, fairly wide light-bulb. I like that it's medium width because I was able to replace a BR30 flood light in my recessed track lighting and it actually looks good.
- The speaker quality is decent. I had very little expectations but I'm pleasantly surprised with how loud it can get and also with how good it sounds with music and audio books. The bass is even decent.
- The bulb color is daylight white by default but my wife prefers warm white. I was able to use the app to change the color of the bulb to make it warm enough for her.
- It's dimmable
- It only uses 6 watts!
- The app while very simple works well. I haven't had any problems getting the bulb to play music or change colors when I want to use it.
- Because it streams music to Bluetooth you can stream anything on your phone to it. I've streamed Pandora and Audible and both worked great.
- Price. For an LED bulb that doubles as a Bluetooth speaker, this is a pretty good deal in my opinion.
- The bulb can pulse to music which makes it a fun party light.

Neutral:
- The app was difficult for me to install because it requires you to scan a QRC code on the box and the camera on my phone is broken. The instructions didn't include a URL. I'm really glad the Amazon seller added the URL to the product page. You'll have to ensure your phone is set to allow apps from unknown sources to install the app.
- I personally didn't find the preset colors on the app to be very accurate but it doesn't matter because there's a color wheel so I was able to dial the color in to exactly what I wanted.
- The brightness is equivalent to a 40 watt incandescent bulb. This works fine in the room where I placed the bulb, but it would be nice to get other wattage options from the seller. A 60 watt equivalent would be good as well.

Cons:
None so far!

Overall I'm very happy I got this bulb. It's exactly what I wanted. The only problem I've run into is I can't figure out where I want it more, in the living room or in the bathroom so I can listen to music or books in the shower. I might have to get another :)

Smith 190217 3-Gallon Max Contractor Sprayer With Heavy Duty 18-Inch Wand
Smith 190217 3-Gallon Max Contractor Sprayer With Heavy Duty 18-Inch Wand
Price: $42.49
3 used & new from $36.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sprayer. Highly recommended over the 1 gallon version., March 22, 2015
I had a 1 gallon sprayer I was using for bug spray for the last couple years. It worked fine but I had to fill it three times to cover my 1/2 acre lot. I decided to get a 3 gallon sprayer and I'm really glad I did.

Pros:
- Wide variety of heads. I'm using a nice metal head that allows you to twist it to go from a wide spray to a very concentrated one. There are 3 or 4 other heads that come with the sprayer for different applications.
- 3 Gallon Capacity. I've cut my spraying time down by about 30 minutes.
- Very sturdy, high quality build.
- Comes with a shoulder strap or you can hold onto the handle.
- The wand is really long, this let's me get the poison exactly where I want to put it.
- Putting it together was really easy.

Cons:
- When full it's really heavy. Even with the shoulder strap this is going to hurt your shoulders and you'll have to put it down every once in a while. I'm a big guy. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that's not in reasonable shape.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. The only improvement I could hope for is a more padded, comfortable shoulder strap. It's cut down my spraying time significantly which means spraying my yard is now a 30 minute task instead of taking well over an hour. My wife is happy that she gets the time back with me and I don't dread going out to spray like I used to.

Flux™ WiFi LED Light Bulb - Control Your Lights From Anywhere - Dimmable Multicolored Color Changing LED Lights - Smart LED Light Bulbs for Home, Office, Parties, Dinners - 110 Volts, 7 Watt (40 Watt Replacement) - E26 Medium Base - Energy Efficient Personal Wireless Lighting - Smartphone Controlled - Works with Apple iPhone, iPad and Android Phone
Offered by Red Mountain e-Store
Price: $38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I own a $40 light bulb and I love it., March 8, 2015
I decided to finally dip my toe into the LED party and got myself this $40 light bulb. My wife thought I was crazy, I thought I was a crazy genius. After 2 weeks we both agree it was a good purchase.

This is an awesome light bulb. I wish I had the money to buy them for every light socket in my house. This bulb is totally worth the money, even if you just end up using it to freak your kids out or as a disco ball when people come over for a party.

Pros:
- The warm setting is very close to the warm color of a normal incandescent bulb but just a shade whiter. I really like the color it has on the normal warm setting.
- Nice construction. Solid built metal housing. I could probably drop the bulb and play soccer with it and it would still work. Someone please try this and report back on what happens.
- The music setting is great for parties. The bulb will pulse to any music you play.
- You can control the brightness level and the color and the speed if changing from one color to another or strobing.
- The application comes with 20 presets including strobes, fade from one color to another, and gradual changes across 7 colors. You can also create your own custom functions. I made it so that the bulb will gradually get brighter over an hour to help me wake up in the morning slowly.
- Multiple bulbs can be controlled all at once. You could probably make an awesome Christmas light show if you're creative.
- The bulb can output 16 million colors. I have not been able to verify the accuracy of this claim but I am still counting colors and will update the review when I'm done counting in 2024.

Improvements I'd like to see in the app:
- Pandora/Youtube support. I'd love if you could stream music and have the bulb respond. Right now it will only work with music you have downloaded on your phone.

Setup Tip:
The first thing you need to do after you install the Magic Home app is connect your phone to the bulbs wifi signal. Then you have to give the bulb your wifi password. I typed the password in wrong, the bulb rebooted and I couldn't find it anymore. I thought I was going to have to return the bulb. Google searches returned no information.

Here's how to fix it yourself if you fat-finger your wifi password (Android instructions).
1) Open the Magic Home application
2) Click the little gear icon in the upper left corner of the app.
3) Click the Help button at the bottom
4) Click "Bulb"
5) Click the "How to restore the factory setting..." help topic.
6) Follow the instructions. Basically you need to switch the light on and off 4 times. Each time it turns on wait 1-3 seconds before you turn it off. You'll know you did it right because the 4th time it will take longer (20 seconds) to turn on.

Overall this is a fantastic light bulb. Stop procrastinating, you know you want one. I want to buy 10 more and setup a light show in front of my house. Maybe next Christmas...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2015 8:50 AM PDT

Brother HL-L2340DW Compact Laser Printer with Duplex Printing and Wireless Networking
Price: Click here to see our price
68 used & new from $104.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little black and white printer, January 17, 2015
This is a great little printer. I've always owned ink jets because I thought I wanted to print pictures at home. Over time, I've come to realize that Ink jet printers suck. Ink is expensive and it goes bad if you're not always printing. If you don't use your ink jet printer for a couple of months the heads get stuck with dry ink and the cartridges need to be replaced. The ink cartridges themselves are so messy. God forbid if and single drop of ink drips onto the carpet when you're changing them. If you need a color printer for printing pics at home, maybe ink-jet is your best choice but for me I'll just go down to Costco and print my stuff there, it's probably cheaper anyway. There are color laser printers but I can't say how well they do on photos, I've never used one. Anyway.... Here are my pros and cons for this Brother laser printer.

Pros:
- Fast printing. I can go days between printing and it doesn't need more than about 5 seconds to warm up and print a page.
- No ink cartridges to dry out. Toner doesn't dry out. You can wait months between printing and it doesn't matter.
- Wireless
- Easy setup
- Text is clear and crisp
- Small size
- The price

Cons:
- Doesn't print in color (but you already knew this right?)

Do I miss my color printer? That's like asking me if I miss the rock in my shoe. No, not at all. Inkjet printers have given me nothing but a hole in my pocket and jet black stains on my floor. If you're going to be printing papers for school, coupons, or anything that doesn't require color 95% of the time this is what you need.

Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster
Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster
Price: $14.10
40 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want, January 17, 2015
I work as a software engineer for a very large retail website that's known for selling books...you'll have to guess who.

At work we all have nerf guns at our desks and about once a week we get into an office wide nerf war. I've played with probably 10 different models and this is the gun I prefer.

Pros:
- Super accurate
- You can cock the gun with your thumb instead of using a second had which means you can dual wield this bad boy.
- Sturdy, good weight in your hand. Doesn't feel cheap.
- Shoots the smaller darts faster than any of the other small dart nerf guns I've used. This thing stings a little if you get hit from up close in the side.

Cons:
- It doesn't shoot the bigger bullets.

When I need a 5 minute break from programming to shoot at a whiteboard, the ceiling, or my co-workers computer monitor I prefer the small darts with the suction cups because they stick. Otherwise for speed and accuracy get the green ones with this gun or the blue ones with the red tips.

I really wish there was a gun exactly like this one that you could use with one hand that held 5 of the large nerf bullets. That gun would be the ultimate weapon. Until nerf invents that gun this one is pretty much perfect.

mberry Miracle Fruit Tablets, 10-Count
mberry Miracle Fruit Tablets, 10-Count
Offered by mberry
Price: $13.90
3 used & new from $13.90

5.0 out of 5 stars These berries will give you super powers, January 13, 2015
Summary:
Miracle berries that change your taste buds for 2 hours. Yes they work. The "taste everything in my kitchen after eating miracle berries" game is really fun to play about once a year. They taste like cardboard and take about 10 minutes to dissolve in your mouth. You only need 1/2 a tablet for a serving. They make pretty much everything taste sickeningly sweet, especially anything sour.

Things to eat:
- Lemons/Limes - It tastes like God took you into the garden of Eden and told you that eating this lemon would erase that whole apple business with the snake. It tastes like that kind of happiness.
- Concentrated Lemon and Lime juice - Concentrated Bliss, almost overwhelming.
- Martinelli's Sparking Apple Cider - Possibly the best thing I've ever tasted.
- Oranges/Orange Juice - Orange candy.
- Pickles - Hot garlic pickles specifically. Delicious.
- Sriracha - You can't feel the fire on your tongue but it will still hit the back of your throat. It's pretty awesome.
- Sour Beer - It's a well known fact that sour beer is awesome. Sour beer with miracle berries is freaky. You have to try it.
- Flavored sparkling water - Slight improvement to the normal gross bitter flavor.

Food that doesn't work:
- Regular Beer - Imagine sweet sweet Bud light or an IPA that someone poured aspartame into. Trust me it's disgusting.
- Mint anything - Candy canes, andes mints, etc... It just doesn't work and it messes up your taste buds.
- Scotch - Trust me on this one. I drank a $100 bottle of scotch after eating a miracle berry so that you don't have to.

Overall I would highly recommend miracle berries as a gag gift or a stocking stuffer. It also is pretty fun to take on camping trips or parties. I have to warn you though, don't take one of these before eating dinner because it will ruin your meal.

Pinzon Lightweight Cotton Flannel Sheet Set - California King, Snowflake Bordeaux

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm turning into a lobster., December 6, 2014
So my back and my arms have been red for about a week now. Whenever I get up in the morning I look in the mirror and my skin is a little bit worse. It's not a sunburn, I don't make a habit of going out in my yard topless. So I start getting seriously worried, maybe I need to see a doctor. Perhaps I have some sort of skin allergy or something that makes me look like a lobster.

Then yesterday when I get out of the shower I notice that the towel I wiped myself off with and the clothes on the floor have a light pink hue. Huh??? Then it hits me. My wife just got new bright red Christmas sheets and they are ruining everything I know and love. She followed the directions exactly. The sheets were washed in warm water and dried on medium before putting them on the bed and they appear to have permanently died the inside of both machines. I probably have Chinese red dye running through my veins. If you're looking to have that permanent sunburned look, buy these sheets and sleep on your face for a night or two. I'm thinking of getting a second pair of green sheets from the same company so that I can roll back and forth on them until I turn into Father Christmas.

12/31 Update:
We threw the sheets away yesterday. Even after 6 washings they were still staining everything.

Here's a list of items they managed to stain.
- The wall behind my bed.
- My washer and dryer.
- They stained my wifes socks which in-turn stained the inside of her shoes. I'm not kidding.
- Underwear.
- White and brown towels.
- The underside of my comforter and pillow case.
- And yes, 25 days later my back is still lightly pink and I shower every day.

My wife didn't want to throw them away because they are warm and they look really nice. I think the inside of her favorite shoes was the final straw.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 10:59 AM PST

Medialink Refurbished Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antenna (150 Mbps) - 2.4GHz - 802.11b/g/n - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux
7 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Range., September 28, 2014
I've owned this router for about 2 years. The good thing I can say about it is that it hasn't needed to be rebooted very often, However the range is really bad. I'm about 20ft away from it, through 1 wall and I get 2 bars of signal. If I move to about 30ft away I can't get any signal at all. What good is a wireless router if you have to sit next to it to work? The other thing that bugs me is that the lights on the front are very bright and it's impossible to turn them off. This is a cheap router to avoid. I wouldn't buy anything again from Medialink.

Champion Men's Crossover Short, Slate Gray, XX-Large
Champion Men's Crossover Short, Slate Gray, XX-Large
Offered by Shoe Diamond & Swimwear
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap well made gym shorts., September 27, 2014
I'm a big guy 5'9 with a 40 inch waist. I got the XXLs and they fit my waist perfect. The length is just a touch longer than I was expecting (an inch or two past my knees) but I don't mind it. They seem well made and they were cheap. I'll buy more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6