Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for Heart Dad > Reviews

Browse

Heart Dad's Profile

Customer Reviews: 286
Top Reviewer Ranking: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heart Dad RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Shimano Pd-Mx80 Platform Pedals
Shimano Pd-Mx80 Platform Pedals
Offered by Breeze7
Price: $61.99
22 used & new from $58.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to love?, April 29, 2016
These are the 3rd pair of petals for my mountain bike. The first pair were hard plastic garbage, the second paid were from REI, and then these beauties. Yes they were a bit expensive but I freaking love them. Here's why.

Pros:
+ They stick to my feet like glue. I wear five tens and my feet rarely ever come off the petals unless I want them to. They don't slip, period.
+ Built like a freaking freight train. I can't tell you how many times I've slammed these against Arizona rocks without breaking a pin. Unbelievable build quality.
+ They look freaking awesome.
+ I love the size of the petal. I wear size 12 EEE shoes and they fit my feet like a glove. A foot glove.
+ They came with 2 sets of pins. Short and long. Replacement pins can be purchased if needed.

Neutral
+- The price seems fair. Not great, not expensive. Just fair.

Cons:
- Don't let your feet slip or you'll end up looking like wolverine took a slash out of your shin. Seriously, don't let this petal hit your skin or you'll be sorry.
- Other people have complained about this as well but I'll join the chorus. It's a PITA to replace all of the pins before putting the pedals on the first time. I wanted to use the included long pins to ensure I got the best grip possible and the pedals have the short ones installed. I wasted a good 45 minutes of my life removing and installing new pins.
- If you're a weight weenie, you know who you are, these petals are not for you. They're pretty heavy.

If you're OK with the weight and you don't want to go clipless, I would super highly recommend these petals. They are build to withstand Armageddon and stick to your feet like a.....a....super sticky glue board thingy. If you're on the fence just buy them and use Amazon to return if you're not 100% satisfied.

Viment Portable Ultralight Outdoor BBQ Heavy Duty Capacity Folding Chair with Carrying Bag
Offered by Viment
Price: $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super light chair, great price., April 29, 2016
I've been looking for a chair to take with me camping that doesn't weigh a ton, something I can carry with me. This company offered me this portable chair in exchange for my honest review and I decided to give it a try.

Pros:
+ Super light. I could easily throw this around my shoulder or put it inside a bag and carry it for hours.
+ Great price. Ultra-light camping chairs are usually really expensive. This one is very reasonably priced.
+ I'm 240lbs and it holds me no problem. Very well made for something so light.
+ Putting the chair together was ridiculously easy and only took about 30 seconds.
+ It's comfortable. I could easily sit in this chair for a couple hours no problem.
+ It comes with a nice little bag that lets you clip it to your pack or belt.

Cons:
- Not sure about cons here. It would be awesome if they had included a foot rest.

Overall this is a great chair. It's a fair price, holds my fat butt without straining, and is comfortable and easy to carry for miles. Highly recommended.

6 Pairs of Superhero Cufflinks with Nice Gift Box for Men, Superman, Batman, Captain America, Spider-man

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice cuff-links for that nerd in your life., April 28, 2016
I have to say I'm surprised by the quality of these cuff-links. I was expecting a gag joke but they are all metal and would look nice on a suit (if you're a nerd). I was given them for free in exchange for my review and I decided to give them to a friend at work, he thinks they are awesome. For the price you can't go wrong. 6 pairs of all metal, well made cuff-links for less than $30 is a great deal. 5 stars.

AYAO Trash Bag ,Garbage Bag 5 Gallon 126 Counts ,18 X 20 Inch,0.6 mil (42 counts,3 rolls)
Offered by AYAO

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice mini trash bags, April 28, 2016
I was given these trash bags for free in exchange for an honest review. The trash bags are nice but much smaller than I expected. I guess I didn't realize how small 5 gallons was. These will not fit in your normal kitchen trash can, they are specifically for small trash cans, like something you would have in your bathroom. They haven't ripped under load and they have a tie plastic handle that pulls out at the top that you can tie. The price is fair for the amount of bags you get.

Santic Men's 4D Padded Tights Cycling Shorts Anti-Slip MTB Road Bike Bicycle Shorts Black XX-Large
Offered by SANTIC SPORTS
Price: $37.14
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars + Comfortable to wear for at least an hour, April 28, 2016
I'm a fairly big dude, 5'8 240 lbs and it can sometimes be difficult for me to find padded cycling shorts that fit. This manufacturer offered me these shorts for free in exchange for an honest review so here goes.

Pros:
+ Comfortable to wear for at least an hour. I wore these on a really rough mountain biking trail this morning and didn't notice any pain at all.
+ The shorts seem really well made, I can see these lasting for a long time.
+ They stay on me without falling off and go all the way down to my knees providing good protection.

Neutral:
+- Price seems about normal for bike shorts. Not cheap, not expensive. They are priced fairly well.

Cons:
- The fit is small. Order 1 size larger than normal. I have about a 38 inch waist and a XXL is pretty tight but I can deal with it. I prefer my bike shorts on the tight side.

Overall I think these are good bike shorts. I'd be happy wearing just these for all my rides. The price is fair and they are well made. Just make sure to order 1 size larger than normal in the US.

Homall Racing Chair Ergonomic High-Back Gaming Chair PU Leather Bucket Seat,Computer Swivel Lumbar Support Executive Office Chair (Blue)
Offered by Homall
Price: $119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable chair for a decent price, April 27, 2016
The maker of this chair offered to to me for free in exchange for my honest review. Putting the chair together took about 45 minutes. The directions were a little quirky, there was a picture of a metal looking wheel in the instructions that turned out to be a washer. The pics looked nothing at all like a washer. Other than the pictures looking funny the rest of the chair installation instructions were straightforward. I have one minor complaint. The plastic screw hole covers don't fit. They all just fall out so I didn't end up using them. It looks fine without them on there for decoration because the screws are depressed pretty far into the holes.

The chair itself is comfortable. I sat in it for a couple hours last night without noticing any pain in my button or hips. The features on the chair are simple. You can lock the chair so that it doesn't lean back or you can unlock it so it leans back. There's a little adjustment knob to adjust the amount of pressure it takes for the chair to recline. The chair has a lever that let's it go up and down. The chair arms can also be lifted up so that they are parallel with the back of the chair, this is a nice feature.

Overall I think it's a nice chair. If you're looking for something simple, comfortable, no frills, with a decent price, and you like how it looks, then I would recommend this office chair.

Ghaziman Multipurpose Kitchen Shear,Pack of 2,Kitchen Gadget Herb Scissors and Premium Multi Purpose Function Scissors,Suitable for Kitchen, Herbs, Nut Cracker, Bottle Opener and so on
Offered by Ghaziman
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice herb shears. The scissors are just ok., April 15, 2016
I was given this set of scissors and herb shears for free in exchange for my review. The scissors come with a magnetic case that's meant to stick on the fridge. The magnet runs all the way across the case and holds the scissors perfectly in-place without slipping. The herb shears are nice enough. When you cut herbs with them the herbs will get stuck in-between the blades so they've included a little took to help you rake stuff out between the blades. The tool works well. The scissors on the other hand are just OK. They come apart in the middle, I assume to make them easy to wash. This has the unfortunate side effect of making them come apart when you don't want them to. You need to be careful when cutting with them not to open the blades to far or they will just come apart. I wish the scissors were permanently connected together. Overall, considering you're getting 2 pairs of scissors for $13.99 it seems like a pretty fair deal. 4 stars.

Velocifire VM30 Full Sized Mechanical Gaming Keyboard by Kailh Switches with LED Illuminated Backlit NKRO 104 keys Anti-Ghosting and Gold Plated USB Connection, US Layout (Black Switch)
Offered by 180-US
Price: $66.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice value mechanical keyboard. A couple quirks., April 15, 2016
I've wanted a mechanical keyboard for a long time now but I've been too cheap to pull the trigger. This seller offered me this mechanical keyboard for free and I decided to try it out. Here's what I think.

Pros:
+ It uses black keys which are perfect for me. I use this at work and they aren't too clickety clackety (they also aren't silent). They have a good feel to them but you don't have to press the key all the way down for the keystroke to register. If you've used
+ Very nicely made. The keyboard is dense and it doesn't slide around on the desk. It feels quality. The frame is all metal and the keys are hard plastic. The hinges on the legs are high quality as well, I don't think they'll break off anytime soon.
+ If you're looking for a gaming keyboard all of the different lighting options might be interesting to you. There are about 10 different lighting options you can cycle through. Some of them do disco lighting all of the board or the lights go up and down from row to row. You can also just leave them all on or all off.
+ Good price

Cons:
- The first thing I noticed after taking it out of the box was a weird sound when I move the keyboard left and right. It sounds like a screw got loose in the case and it's rolling around inside there. It's not a big deal, it doesn't affect performance and I can't hear it unless I pick the keyboard up and shake it.
- The light on the keys doesn't remember the last setting I gave it. I don't want the key light to be on so I ran through all the options and turned them off. It takes about 10 clicks to turns of the keys because you have to cycle through all of the lighting options. When I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in I have to repeat this procedure to turn the lights off. I wish they would have just given me a "turn the lights off" button.

Overall I'm really pleased with the keyboard. I type well with it, the keystrokes feel nice, and it's very well made. On top of that it's a good price. Recommended.

[16 Minutes Fully Charged] BND 6000mAh Portable charger, Amazing Speed Ultra Slim External Battery Packs with Quick Charge 2.0 for Smartphones, Tablets and Other 5V Devices(Black)
Offered by Paradisellc
Price: $119.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fast charging but low on capacity, large, and expensive., April 15, 2016
I've got a bunch of different power banks and was given this one for free in exchange for my honest review. Let me just say that there is nothing wrong with this power bank at all. It works well but it's very expensive for what you get. Here is my list of pros/cons.

Pros:
+ This is the fastest power bank I've ever charged. The included charger charges this power bank from empty to full in 16 minutes. That's impressive.
+ The power bank offers fast charging of your phone if you have a compatible phone like the Samsung Galaxy S6. I have that phone and the quick charging works really well. They claim it charges 75% faster than a normal power bank and that seems about right. I can probably charge my phone from empty to full in 1 hour.
+ The lights on the front of the power bank make it very obvious how much power is left and when the bank is charging.

Cons:
- Small Capacity. 6000 mAh for $85.99 is a lot more than I would expect to pay for this. That's not a lot of power bank for the money. You can probably charge your cell phone twice before it's empty.
- It's really big for such a small capacity power bank. I own power banks with 3x the mAh that are this size. Maybe they had to make it large to be able to charge quickly. I own another power bank that does quick charging of your phone and it's smaller with more capacity.
- Expensive.
- The included wall charger is massive. It lets you charge 5 items at a time but the charge on each is slow. I tried charging my cell phone with it and the charge was much slower than my other chargers.
- The power bank only has 1 charge port.

This isn't the type of power bank I'd take camping. You can only charge your phone twice with it. I'd take this to a baseball game or somewhere I was going to be without power for 1 day max. This power bank is great for people that have fast charging built into their cell phone and are looking for something that not only charges their phone fast but recharges fast as well. This is the only one I've seen that also re-charges quickly. If that's what you need, this is a great power bank. Just understand you are paying a premium for it. Other power banks on Amazon are much cheaper.

JE Qi Bluetooth 4.0+EDR Stereo Speaker,Wireless Charging for Samsung Galaxy S7 S6 Edge Plus and Qi-Enabled Phones,10W Output,LED Time Display&Support FM radio,Phone answer,Alarm Clock
Offered by MoreMoreGet
Price: $139.99

1.0 out of 5 stars My speaker melted, April 14, 2016
I got this speaker for free. It's a really pretty speaker. Nicely designed. I took it out of the box and tried to turn it on, nothing. It doesn't come with a charger so I used the included cable to plug it into a 5v power bank. 20 minutes later I came back into the room because I smelled something funny. The speaker was smoking and starting to melt. I pulled the plug before it caught fire. Avoid until they get quality control figured out.
Comment Comment | Permalink