Profile for Canon man > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Canon man "Work hard, have fun, make history." RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Medialink Refurbished Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antenna (150 Mbps) - 2.4GHz - 802.11b/g/n - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux
Offered by sims pieces
Price: $16.62
13 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Range., September 28, 2014
I've owned this router for about 2 years. The good thing I can say about it is that it hasn't needed to be rebooted very often, However the range is really bad. I'm about 20ft away from it, through 1 wall and I get 2 bars of signal. If I move to about 30ft away I can't get any signal at all. What good is a wireless router if you have to sit next to it to work? The other thing that bugs me is that the lights on the front are very bright and it's impossible to turn them off. This is a cheap router to avoid. I wouldn't buy anything again from Medialink.

Champion Men's Crossover Short, Slate Gray, XX-Large
Champion Men's Crossover Short, Slate Gray, XX-Large
Price: $11.64
11 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap well made gym shorts., September 27, 2014
I'm a big guy 5'9 with a 40 inch waist. I got the XXLs and they fit my waist perfect. The length is just a touch longer than I was expecting (an inch or two past my knees) but I don't mind it. They seem well made and they were cheap. I'll buy more.

PowerGen 2.4Amps / 12W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices - Black
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $8.99
12 used & new from $8.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome until it caught on fire, September 27, 2014
Update to my original review below.
This thing worked great for a month or so. Then one day I'm driving home and I notice this burning smell. The car charger, which is just sitting in the socket not charging anything has started smoking. I took it out quickly, burning my finger tips in the process. My car smelled like an electrical fire for the next half hour. Needless to say, I threw it away.

Pros:
- Fast charging! I get about 20-30% charge on my HTC ONE driving to work for 30 minutes in the AM.
- Two outlets.

Cons:
None that I can think of.

Bon-Aire Original Ultimate Aluminum Hose Nozzle ( Colors may vary )
Bon-Aire Original Ultimate Aluminum Hose Nozzle ( Colors may vary )
Price: $18.20
8 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well built host nozzle., September 27, 2014
This is a great hose nozzle. It's made of hard rubber and metal so that you drop it and not worry about breaking it. To operate, you twist it to turn it on and if you keep twisting it will turn off, which I think is a pretty cool feature. It can be made to have a very tight hard spray which is really nice for cleaning built up gunk off a driveway or whatever. The reason I dinged it a star is that the first one I bought didn't last as long as I had hoped. After about a year and a half a seal inside the nozzle broke making it impossible to completely shut off. I ended up buying another because it really liked the first one. The way it's built I expected it to last forever. Maybe this second one will.

25 Pack Compatible Canon CLI 221 , CLI-221 , CLI221 , PGI 220 , PGI-220 , PGI220 5 Small Black, 5 Cyan, 5 Magenta, 5 Yellow, 5 Big Black for use with Canon PIXMA Ip3600, PIXMA Ip4600, PIXMA Ip4700, PIXMA MX860, PIXMA MX870. PIXMA Ip 3600, PIXMA Ip 4600, PIXMA Ip 4700, PIXMA MX 860, PIXMA MX 870.. Ink Cartridges for inkjet printers. © Blake Printing Supply
Offered by Blake Printing Supply TM
Price: $35.99
3 used & new from $31.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, they can leak all over everything if you're not careful., September 27, 2014
Great price. Unfortunately for my counter one of them leaked from the top of the cartridge when I laid it down to switch cartridges. I would still buy these again, they are a lot cheaper than Canon brand ink, but just be careful when you're putting them in the printer to avoid getting ink all over everything.

Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Offered by Terrific Deal, Inc.
Price: $35.99
20 used & new from $26.50

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no better butt cream., September 27, 2014
We've got 1 year old with a serious heart condition. He's spent about 8 months of his life laying in a hospital bed. His butt is amazingly sensitive, and whenever he poops we would tell the nurses to rub a bunch of Desitin on his butt or he would get a rash. But, you know how people are, especially nurses. My wife is a NICU nurse so I can say this with confidence. They have their own remedies for dealing with butt rashes that have worked on every baby they have ever taken care of for the past 20 years. Well not mine. So they would try their sticky barrier creams, oils, all sorts of stuff. No one listens to the crazy parents. No matter what they did, if they didn't use Desitin every single time he pooped he would get a terrible rash that would last for days.

This stuff is expensive but a can lasts forever (more than 1 month for us). Smear a good portion of it on your childs butt after every poop and 99.9% of the time it will keep the rash away. There's nothing better.

ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief
ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief
Price: $13.99 - $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking about my old cotton boxers makes me angry., September 27, 2014
Last night I started thinking about the old cotton boxers I had been buying for the past 20 years and just the thought of going into the drawer and putting them on made me angry. I'm not sure if I can give a better compliment to to these boxers than that.

Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing (With Smart Swing Technology)
Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle 'N Swing (With Smart Swing Technology)
Price: $149.99
4 used & new from $132.95

1.0 out of 5 stars A genuine piece of junk, May 24, 2014
I bought this swing brand new. I read some mixed reviews online but the majority of all swings are made by fisher price so I purchased the nicest one. This is the second fisher price swing I've owned in the past couple of years and I can honestly say that their quality control is absolutely terrible.

Here's a list of things that make fisher price swings the worst swings you can buy.

1) They're expensive. They all typically cost between $120-$160.
2) They are not quiet. My son weighs about 10 pounds and all I hear all day is "clunk clunk, clunk clunk".
3) The motors are pathetic. After about 3 months mine started to slowly give up. I could only get the swing to work if I pushed it a couple of times to help the motor along. The motor finally died last night, about 1 year after purchase. 1 year might not seem terrible but my son has been in the hospital for 150+ days this year so in reality it broke after about 6 months of use.

This is the second fisher price swing I've purchased in the past 5 years. I thought the first one I bought was OK until the motor went out within the first year. Now that it's happened twice I decided to write a review.

Avoid Fisher price. I wish I could tell you another manufacturer that made a better swing. The real problem is that Fisher Price makes all of the swings in the stores! I don't even know what else to buy and I need a new swing today so I'll probably end up with another Fisher Price. Thankfully this new one won't need to last more than 6 months or so before I won't need it anymore. Let's hope it lasts that long.

I'm angry because these swings are mass produced, cheaply made junk meant to fall apart within a year. I can't believe Fisher Price has the audacity to charge as much as they do for these terrible swings.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2014 1:11 AM PDT

Black & Decker EK700 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife, White
Black & Decker EK700 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife, White
Offered by THE SOURCE.
Price: $15.74
85 used & new from $14.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine, December 26, 2013
Man this thing gets bad reviews. In fact it seems like all electric knives on Amazon get mixed reviews so I decided to go with the cheapest option for Thanksgiving. I figured I couldn't get too mad if it did a terrible job for $10.

Pros:
- I've used it twice and both times it worked flawlessly. Once through a big turkey for Thanksgiving and the second time for cutting a 20 pound roast on Christmas. It worked just fine both times.
- The blades are pretty sharp. I don't know how long they will stay sharp but I cut my finger just touching a blade the day I got it.
- Easy to remove and clean the blades.
- Easy to operate with one hand.

Cons:
- It's obviously made as cheaply as possible.

I have no idea how long this thing will last but so far so good. Yes it's cheaply made but it sells for $10! It does a good job if you're looking for something to use 3-4 times a year.

Alpine White - Samsung Galaxy S3 Rearth Ringke SLIM LITE Premium Coated Glossy Hard Case - Eco Package
Offered by Rearth
Price: $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about 6 months, December 26, 2013
I got this case for my wife's S3 about 6 months ago. The case is made of hard plastic and has a nice rubbery feeling non-slip finish. The problem is that in the two places where the case is thinnest the plastic snapped. 1) next to the volume rocker on the left and 2) next to the button on the right. I suppose the case is still protecting the phone but the cheap plastic design didn't hold up long.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5