Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Israel Drazin > Reviews

Browse

Israel Drazin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3179
Top Reviewer Ranking: 696

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Israel Drazin RSS Feed (Boca Raton, Florida)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
I Samuel (The Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries)
I Samuel (The Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries)
by P. Kyle McCarter Jr.
Price: $47.49
46 used & new from $36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars People will gain much understanding of Samuel by using this book, April 28, 2016
The prior reviewer offered an excellent overview of McCarter's commentary to I Samuel, so I will just supplement it with a few observations. Most lay people read the Bible seeking moral lessons and most clergy interpret it this way. They ignore the plain meaning of the text, and do not see what makes the biblical books great. They tend to focus on sentences and words rather than events and personalities. They gloss over ambiguities and obscurities and difficulties in the text. It is no surprise therefore that many people find the Bible uninteresting; because what they hear is uninteresting. McCarter does address words and sentences in small print but he focuses on the larger picture in broad print.
For example, it would be a rare cleric who would see irony in a chapter or who would have the ability and courage to see wrongs committed by biblical figures McCarter has the learning and skill to read the Bible as its authors meant it to be read. McCarter recognizes, for instance, that ironically, it was Samuel’s capitulation to the importunate “voice of the people” in 8:9, 22, and 12:1, that led to Saul’s election in the first place, and now it is because Saul listened to “the voice of the people” (to his soldiers, in 15:20 and 24) that Samuel tells him he has lost his dynasty.
Saul can be seen in chapter 28 as devoted to God, as he claimed in chapter 15 concerning his saving of cattle, that unable to secure God’s help from priests, he turns to Samuel who has God’s ear by means of a séance. In contrast, McCarter suggests that 28 shows Saul’s complete severance from God, with the illegal divination with the witch of En-dor symbolizing how far he went away from God.

Bulwark Men's IQ Series Long Sleeve Comfort Knit Polo, Red, Large
Bulwark Men's IQ Series Long Sleeve Comfort Knit Polo, Red, Large
Price: $87.86
4 used & new from $81.57

5.0 out of 5 stars This shirt looks very stylish, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am happy with this shirt. I received it for free on the condition that I write an honest review, and I can honestly say that the shirt looks stylish when worn on the outside of my pants. I like the zip-up collar and the red color, stitching, the pocket in the front with a pencil/pen pocket/slot next to it. It fits me perfectly. I cannot wear it all the time in Florida, because it is too warm for Florida, although it is made in Honduras, but when I do wear it, I think I look good.

Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, 8 Huge Rolls
Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, 8 Huge Rolls
Price: $22.99
4 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These sheets are very absorbant, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We received and used the Bounty 2-ply sheets. We found that the “more absorbent paper towels” worked as advertised. The sheets are strong and easy to use inside and outside our home. There are eight huge rolls with decorative prints in the box that purchasers can obtain. One can select from eight different sizes.

A new feature was added - one can make three smaller size towels out of one regular sheet. This is a great idea! It not only saves the rest of the not needed at the time sheet, but it also eliminates waste.

We received the rolls on condition that I write an honest review, and I can honestly say I like the rolls. My wife and I always enjoyed Bounty products.

Scott Center Pull Paper Towels (01010), White, Perforated Hand Paper Towels, 500 Towels / Roll, 4 Rolls / Case
Offered by BisonOffice
Price: $44.05
20 used & new from $41.28

5.0 out of 5 stars While designed for businesses, we found that they can also be used with pleasure at home, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We were truly pleased to receive the huge card-board box filled with four rolls of white, perforated hand towels that we received on condition that we write an honest review.
Each roll has 500 perforated towels. With four rolls, this is 2,000 towels. Each piece is soft, absorbs water, and is easy to handle. The pre-perforations produce towels that are 15 by 8 inches.

The huge rolls seem to have been designed for businesses. But we found that we can place them on staffs, as smaller rolls are placed in homes, and use them at home. It is easy to tear off a towel as with the usual home products, but now we have more towels on the staff, and they look good.

We feel certain that businesses will also enjoy the rolls. We have used the Scott Products for years and we have always been satisfied and always enjoyed the quality of their product.

Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Organic & Natural Rose & Flower Plant Food Fertilizer
Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Organic & Natural Rose & Flower Plant Food Fertilizer
Price: $16.61

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked and our garden is more beautiful, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We found that the Miracle-Grow Natural Care Fertilizer Grow Food is great. It may be hard to believe, but it seemed to us that a day after we fed it to our flowers, they seemed to perk up, just as a thirsty man saved from days in a desert, is fed water and he begins to revive. We then used it in other parts of our garden and found that when we mixed the fertilizer in four cups of water and sprinkled it over flowerbeds, container plants, and flowering bushes, the mixture brought the same spectacular results.
The food is in a very pretty alive green bag designed with welcoming growing flowers. The bag holds three pounds of grainy fertilizer. It was easy to handle and we feel confident that we will see a continuation of the spectacular results.
We received the Grow Food on the condition that we write an honest review, and both my wife and I and our plants are happy we have the Grow Food.

A Ticket To Tomahawk-DVD-Starring Dan Dailey and Ann Baxter
A Ticket To Tomahawk-DVD-Starring Dan Dailey and Ann Baxter
Offered by AMSSales
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A comedy that has some funny moments, April 27, 2016
This comedy is billed as a satire, but it is not very satiric and it is a weak comedy. Along with Dan Daley, Anne Baxter stars. Rory Calhoun is in the film as a bad guy, Walter Brennan to add humor, and I am relatively certain that I saw Marilyn Monroe as one of the dancers in the film. The plot, which appeared in other movies, is that a train needs to get to a certain town (Tomahawk) by a certain time in order for the railroad to get a contract. A condition is that it must have at least one passenger. Dan Dailey is high jacked to serve as the one passenger.
Several things go wrong. The marshal is shot and cannot protect the train. He deputizes his granddaughter to take his place. She (Anne Baxter) is very good with a gun and a knife. She has no idea about sex, kissing, and relationships with men in general. Grandfather send an Indian with his granddaughter to make sure that she does not become entangled with a man.
The head of the stagecoach wants to stop the train because a train will take away a lot of his business. He has his men do various things to stop the train, including destroying some forty miles of tracks and destroying a bridge that the train needs to go over.

Travelambo Rfid Blocking Passport Holder Wallet & Travel Wallet Envelope (black)
Offered by Travelambo

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and is very practical, April 27, 2016
I am very happy to have this passport holder, which I received on the condition that I write an honest review. It is compact, easy to carry, and the black one that I received looks very good. It holds my wife's and my passports and blocks RFID. I am able to put three credit cards in the holder as well as money, bills and coins, keys, tickets, and pen, and it still does not look bulky. it is easy to get a hold of the passport and tickets. It helps make travel out of the US easier than without it.

Gillette Fusion Proshield Men's Razor Blade Refills, 4 Count
Gillette Fusion Proshield Men's Razor Blade Refills, 4 Count
Price: $19.32
2 used & new from $19.32

5.0 out of 5 stars The razor works very well, April 27, 2016
The thinner razors work as advertised and last longer than previous blades. The shaves are close. The blades shield from irritation. It works with Fusion Power razors. And it removes hair gently and effectively.

Robert B. Parker's Blackjack (A Cole and Hitch Novel)
Robert B. Parker's Blackjack (A Cole and Hitch Novel)
by Robert Knott
Price: $17.89
99 used & new from $7.17

4.0 out of 5 stars A well-told suspenseful tale, April 26, 2016
There is really no one as great and interesting as the late Robert B. Parker in writing his Cole and Hitch westerns, and his Spenser and his Jesse Stone novels. I read them all and enjoyed them immensely. But Robert Knott, Ace Atkins, and Reed F. Coleman do a splendid job in copying the style, drama, and famed dialogues of the Cole and Hitch, Spenser, and Jesse Stone books, respectively. This book continues Robert Knott's successes. We recognize Cole and Hitch immediately and are fascinated again by their manners.
In this book, a strange drunk man comes into Appaloosa, where the two marshals are living, approaches one of Appaloosa's new arrivals, the flashy high-stake gambler Boston Bill, and is shot down by one of the two bodyguards of Boston Bill. The marshals find that the visitor is a lawman holding a warrant from the police in Denver for the arrest of Boston Bill for the murder of a woman. Boston Bill and the two bodyguards run to escape. Cole and Hitch, together with a young very likable deputy track the three. Attention-grabbing events occur during the chase, and unusual people are met, and there are gun fights.
Cole and Hitch are unsure whether Boston Bill is really guilty of the murder of the woman in Denver, or if there is some kind of cover-up.
Meanwhile, Cole meets a legendary bounty hunter again, and Hitch meets a very beautiful woman.

Thunder In The Sun
Thunder In The Sun
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars A fair film, not very exciting, except for one battle, April 26, 2016
This review is from: Thunder In The Sun (Amazon Video)
The film is fair. It is about the French Basques, a spirited group who were seeking a new home, free from the unrest and famine in France. They have quant customs, dress, and manners, different than those of Americans, part of their lives for centuries, which they do not want to change. They came to the US in 1847. Their goal is to travel with seven wagons across America to California where they can grow the grape vines they brought with them from France. One of their customs is to keep a fire burning, even on the wagons, for their ancestors. This causes problems. So, too, their need to bring the vines to California causes a problem when they run out of water.
Jeff Chandler is their American guide. He is a womanizer. He wants to sleep with Susan Hayworth who is married to the leader of the French group.
The most exciting part of the film, unfortunately it is not very long, is the unusual way the Basques fight the Indians.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20