Profile for youtoo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

youtoo RSS Feed (Tx)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
16 Channel CCTV Surveillance Camera System 1TB Hard Drive
16 Channel CCTV Surveillance Camera System 1TB Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Get a security system!!!, June 7, 2014
I LOVE this security system. I have absolutely no complaints. It's wonderful and the night vision is very clear. I've caught so much going on at my property that I never would have known about without it.

Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
Price: $256.86
17 used & new from $249.96

4.0 out of 5 stars overall happy, June 7, 2014
I am really glad I purchased this. My only complaint is that the seat it comes with is really uncomfortable. I went out and bought a better seat from Walmart bc the discomfort would make me not want to exercise very long. It seems very sturdy and does it's intended job. I think it would have been nice to have a distance/time tracker on it too, but I'm still happy with my purchase.

Rodale's Vegetable Garden Problem Solver: The Best and Latest Advice for Beating Pests, Diseases, and Weeds and Staying a Step Ahead of Trouble in the Garden
by Fern Marshall Bradley
Price: $18.54
43 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, January 9, 2011
I got this book in a used book store (the price here is only a few dollars more for a new one) and had a little buyers remorse after buying it (I don't like clutter or spending money). I sat down and started reading the book a little more in depth to decide if I wanted to take it back or not and I will not be taking this book back. I'm actually very impressed with the amount of information that is in this book. It has the basic info that a typical gardening book or the little dirt tag that is in a veggie plant when you buy- plus lots of other info on trouble-shooting problems with the plant/diseases/ and pests. It has every vegetable I'm interested in growing in it (which is a lot) and all of the common bugs, ect. It's a pretty thick book and it's all veggie. : ) This book is a very strong addition to my bookshelf and I'm glad I got it. It will be of a great use to me. I've read many vegetable gardening books and this is one of the best that I have come by.

Rodale's Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening: The Indispensable Green Resource for Every Gardener
by Barbara W. Ellis
Price: $18.37
82 used & new from $1.55

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, January 4, 2011
I got this book from my local library and was not impressed. 1. I don't like the alphabetical set-up of the book, and 2. I like books that go into much more detail. This thing is thick and heavy, and has information on a ton of topics (probably almost everyone I could think of) but after reading a book on composting, the composting section seems very bleek. After reading books on vegetable gardening- the vegetable gardening section seems to be missing A LOT. Some people may want one big volume as a general reference, but I like details. I want to know what's going on in that compost pile and why I'm doing the things I'm doing and different methods in doing it. I also like to troubleshooting in the way of OK I read this thing and am now trying to do what it says to do but it's not working... what am I doing wrong? I also saw nothing about vermiculture (worm composting)- which is kind of a big deal in gardening I think. I first saw this book on the bookshelf at a used book store and almost bought it. I'm now glad that I didn't buy it. In my personal case I would prefer to buy several different books that cover the subjects (of composting/soil building, organic disease/pest control, vegetable gardening and fruit trees) in detail and truley be knowledgable on the subjects, rather than one giant book that includes many, many subjects but just gives a very basic (aka minimal) overview of them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2012 1:27 PM PDT

Easy Rider Car Harness - Large
Easy Rider Car Harness - Large
Offered by 24hrs Deals
Price: $23.80
5 used & new from $12.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great invention!, December 22, 2010
I love this harness. I bought it for my dog about 4 years ago and we are still going strong with it. I use the harness to put a seat belt on her while we're in the car as well as for walks/hiking. It works GREAT in a seatbelt. We've been in a few situations where I slammed on the breaks and doggie flies into the dashboard no more! I have a truck and my 76lb. dog rides in the front passenger seat with me. She can lay down with the harness on and the seat belt will still lock up when needed. I will no longer let her ride in the car without this harness and her seatbelt on. It also has the added benefit of keeping her in her seat so that she can't jump out when I open the car door, until I unbuckle her. 5 stars all the way! If you have a dog and take them in the car- GET ONE. Seatbelts aren't just for people anymore, and I truely believe that this thing could prevent injury/ejection to my pet in minor/moderate car wrecks.

Composting For Dummies
Composting For Dummies
by Cathy Cromell
Price: $10.70
78 used & new from $3.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Very infomative for anyone wanting to learn about composting, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Composting For Dummies (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I attended a beginner's composting workshop that got me interested in the subject and found this book at my local library. The book fills in a lot of gaps that were left out during the workshop. It gives in detail approaches to many different kinds of composting and teaches you to make your own bins, containers, ect, as well as gives an overview of the different bacteria's and little animals that will be in a compost heap and how they work to compost it. It tells about hot composting and long-term composting as well as what to put in and keep out of the piles for ideal (aka fast) results. It's got a chapter dedicated solely to worm bins (which I decided to make after reading the book) and also includes a trouble-shooting section -which I used when my worms tried to go a-wal. I put them in the garage and it was too cold outside so they were trying to climb out of the bin. I took out the book and looked up the problem and came to the conclusion that it was the temperature. Now they are happy worms that stay in their bin. :) This is a great book for anyone wanting to learn the science behind the different methods of composting and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to compost successfully.

Dynamo Illuminator Wind-up LED Flashlight
Dynamo Illuminator Wind-up LED Flashlight
Offered by MADCAPS
Price: $13.66
8 used & new from $7.17

3.0 out of 5 stars My personal experiment results, November 29, 2010
I have one of these. It's ok for keeping in the car and/or camping. It produces light which is the point. Mine does not give enough light for me unless I am cranking while the light is on. I've tried the crank, then turn on and it just doesn't hold the charge very long at all and the light dulls pretty rapidly. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the battery or what... it's brand new. For a test I took my crank light and my grandpa's shake light outside to compare them and the shake light works so much more efficiently. I shook for the same amount of time that I cranked (30 seconds) and the results were majorly in the shake lights favor. It was nice and bright and held the brightness while my poor little LED crank light dulled out and never even got to the same brightness of the shake light. They're pretty evenly priced, so if I could go back I would definately be getting a shake light.

No Impact Man
No Impact Man
DVD ~ Colin Beavan
Price: $7.99
52 used & new from $1.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed the way I live, November 26, 2010
This review is from: No Impact Man (DVD)
This documentary truly did change the way I live my life, I watched it one day on Netflix because I saw some articles written about it and people's review just like this saying how much they enjoyed it. I recycled regularly before, and I'm cheap so I don't have a whole lot of crap and have bought a number of things from goodwill in my lifetime... but this movie really made me stop and think. I think part of it is a ploy to make a lot of money, but I think a large part of it is a crusade to try and get people to stop and think about the ways that they're living and have them ponder about what they would be willing to change or not change. No one in this world is perfect and it would be easy to find somewhere to point fingers at the author/maker. The movie let's the viewer make their own opinions about what "No impact man" is doing, it doesn't judge anyone for not living the way he does- it just opens people up to the idea that maybe they could change something they are doing. Watching the movie did get me into learning about a lot environmental factors 1. because it's green and 2. because it's generally cheaper. I've also gotten sick of the materialistic attitudes of America, and the movie was refreshing to show someone who thinks in this way. There is a little crazy behind this documentary, but I believe that there is also a lot of genius behind it as well... and it has made a change because it changed me.

Naomi's Breakthrough Guide: 20 Choices to Transform Your Life
Naomi's Breakthrough Guide: 20 Choices to Transform Your Life
by Naomi Judd
Price: $18.48
162 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book for ANYONE., November 26, 2010
I got this book at my local library and after reading I went out and bought my own copy so that I could high-light it up and have it on hand when-ever I wanted. I love this book. It really helped me through a hard time, and an top of that the quotes and information led me to seek out other books and authors from the excerpts of their writing that was used in this book. I thought it might be kind of Cheesy coming from one of the Judds, but it is not at all. A very valuble book... it helped me through some really hard times. It has been years since the first time I read this book, but any time that I feel down I go back to it for a refresher and it really, really helps.

Gotcha Capitalism: How Hidden Fees Rip You Off Every Day-and What You Can Do About It
by Bob Sullivan
Price: $12.18
179 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who want to protect themselves from companies who want to take advantage of them., November 26, 2010
I thought this book was quite an eye-opener. I randomly bought it when I was delayed in a airport just for something to do. I want to know everything I possibly can about how companies are trying to screw me... and you. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to come across this book. It has a ton of valuble information in it that really got me thinking about a companies marketing ploys, and I've been able to spot MULTIPLE tactics that I read about in the book out in the real world on a regular basis. This is a great book for those who want to try and protect themselves from companies who want to take advantage of them. I recommend it to my friends all the time. Kudos to Bob Sullivan for exposing these ideas to the consumer. I really feel like he's on the people's side when reading the book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3