Profile for thamanrp > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

thamanrp RSS Feed

OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter
OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter
Offered by Obihai Technology, Inc.
Price: $69.99
30 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple setup with Google Voice, January 29, 2011
I have been looking for a simple solution that would allow us to setup and use Google Voice. Since asterisk 1.8 came out, I have been waiting for DD-WRT or tomatoes to integrate this in the router so I would not need a computer to run 24/7 to set up Google Voice.

Then comes Obi110 which solves this problem. The setup was very simple. If you don't want to store your GV credentials on the Obitalk.com you can set it up by logging on the adapter (just like logging onto the router). I did find it that if you do it this way, when you dial out you still have to dial "**1" (using profile1) then the number you want to reach. Maybe there is a way to get rid of this. But if you setup through Obitalk you can enable the prefix and dial just like in GV. You can also update the FW from Obitalk.

Everything is working as expected. Caller ID shows up correctly when you call someone. When someone calls the ID would show "+" then the number with no dash, something like this: +1234567890. My wife was on the phone for an hour and she said the quality was good. If you are looking into a simple setup (and almost plug and play) I would highly recommend the Obi110.

Update 12/10/11: Caller ID has been showing the correct format for a while now. Also, my unit died a few months ago. I called their tech support, they checked from remote and confirmed that it's dead. They sent out a replacement unit the next day! I just have to send the dead one back. Great customer service. Google voice is still free for 2012 btw.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2012 4:19 AM PDT