Profile for Francis P. Reed > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Francis P. Reed RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
3M Full Adhesive for Apple iPod Touch 4th Gen
3M Full Adhesive for Apple iPod Touch 4th Gen
Offered by hk_goodprice (International Post)
Price: $1.96
9 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It fits but I think that there are better forms out there., May 6, 2013
I bought this to reattach a screen to an IPOD Tough 4, and purchased it as it was automatically selected by Amazon to bundle with the replacement LCD I had purchased. The cut on the adhesive was not correct for the model of phone, and I ended up having to recut it myself. It adheres just fine, but I was a little annoyed at having to take the extra steps.

Hot Wheels RC Stealth Rides Power Tread Vehicle - Orange
Hot Wheels RC Stealth Rides Power Tread Vehicle - Orange
Offered by ToysOnline
Price: $16.99
22 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, and functinal, May 6, 2013
I bought this to use as a base for some models I was building, and it works fine. So well, in fact that I bought a couple more for my daughters and they drive them around the kitchen. Would buy more.

6 Pieces Tool Kit replacement touch screen digitizer for Apple iPod Touch 4G Only (touch screen only, LCD screen NOT included)
Offered by AMHSHOP
Price: $7.35
16 used & new from $1.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good unless you are a pro, May 6, 2013
I was under the mistaken impression that you could easily separate the screen from the LCD when replacing a cracked screen on an IPOD. This is not the case. for the IPOD 4, the difference between this product and one with a replacement LCD attached is about $10. Go for the LCD attachment. Even the professionals I spoke with said that it's not worth the effort to do it this way.

iPod 4 4th Generation Touch Screen Digitizer & LCD Complete Assembly - iTouch Black New
Offered by DreamMall (Ship from New Jersey)
Price: $17.38
20 used & new from $15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly., May 6, 2013
I was able to swap this into the Ipod 4 with no problems. It works fine. It's an LCD screen.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm, May 6, 2013
Bought this to replace similar model for my Comcast service. Took a less than 10 minute phone call to my ISP and it was in and running. I have had far less problems with this unit than the one I was "renting" from Comcast.

Playskool Sit and Spin - PINK
Playskool Sit and Spin - PINK

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic toy, but this incarnation is a little flimsy, December 29, 2010
Bought this for my 2 1/2 year old daughter for christmas, remembering all the fun I had on one when I was a kid. The unit came as promised and was very easy to assemble, but it's a bit small (my toddler is almost too big for it), and it's very easy to tip over.

I remember older models had weighted bases.... also slightly larger bases. This one is pretty easy to flip. Doesn't stop my daughter from having fun with it tho, so it will stick around for now.

Working: Starring Eileen Barnett, Orson Bean, Harry Groener, Kaitlin Hopkins, Michael Kostroff, Kenna Ramsey, Vickilyn Reynolds, Vincent Tumeo and B.J. Ward
Price: $24.09
8 used & new from $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A good recording of a great play, October 24, 2008
While I like the original 1978 soundtrack, the songs in it are a little dated at this point. This recording not only is an update of the original show, but is the complete play, spoken and song, which I think works better. I think you get more from the music, when you hear the dialogue that was written to be spoken with it as well, and the performances are very good.

I bought both this and the original at the same time. I think I will probably be listening to this version while the other will end up in the CD collection.

ASUS Eee PC 900 16G (8.9" Display, Intel Mobile CPU, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB Solid State Drive, Linux) Pearl White

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little laptop. Does what is says it does., October 24, 2008
I bought this system as something to learn Linux on, and as a light alternative to my laptop so I can carry something around on the train without breaking my back.

The battery life on the unit is great. The screen is nice and bright. It's easy to both read text/info, and watch movies on. The wireless worked fine out of the box, and I was able to find and connect to networks wherever I took the thing (Did I mention that the battery life on this thing is great? I have been able to use it for upwards of 4 hours without plugging in).

I love the fact that even though the system comes with Linux, it comes with a CD full of Windows drivers so that you don't have to hunt and peck for them to get it working.

I was not a big fan of the OS the system came with. It's a little on the dumbed-down side, but I can see where it would be good for a person who bought this just for browsing the internet and doing a few tasks well.

For more advanced users, a quick search on the internet found a disto of Ubuntu linux made just for these things that ROCKS! It's easy to install and works like a charm with the hardware.

The only downsides I have found are the OS which I mentioned, and a small tendancy towards lag if you are doing several things at once. I would expect that from a system like this as it is not anywhere near as powerful as a full blown laptop.

Oh, one last thing. If you are a guy, and you know how to touch type, this unit may drive you a little buggy at first. The keyboard is not meant for bigger fingers. I find myself typing faster with the hunt-and-peck method.

Overall I am very happy with the unit. It was a great buy.

Motorola H 98689 T820 Bluetooth Stereo Headset  (Black)
Motorola H 98689 T820 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product if a little clunky, February 9, 2008
I bought these to go along with a Treo 650 I had. I wanted to listen to music without having to deal with the headphone cable all the time. While they did not work very well for this, it turns out that that was a failing of the PALM system on the Treo and not the headphones.

I replaced the phone shorty after, and when I got the new unit (a motorola Q) These worked incredibly well. They play any and all audio from the phone regardless of the app you are using (I used them with music, movies, and the actual phone). The headphones themselves have a great voice dialing feature, and the fit isn't too bad.

The are a little clunky and do give a little bit of the "princess leia" look (two big things sticking off your ears. The sound quality is not great if you are a true audiophile, but if you are listening to mp3s on the train they work just fine. Battery life is decent too. I would get almost a full day of almost constant use, and they would sit for about a week if the weren't used.

I wish more companies would make a product like this.

Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, Saga Edition
Star Wars Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook, Saga Edition
by Rodney Thompson
46 used & new from $38.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty book, but badly layed out, February 9, 2008
I love Star Wars, and I am a big fan of role playing games. I picked the book up because a group of friends were starting a game.

The system layed out in the book is not bad. It's D20 rules with a lot of the quirky 3.0 system rules straightened out (grapple is a lot easier for one).

The problem with this book (and most D&D books for that matter is the layout)..

HEY GUYS WRITING THESE THINGS - WOULD IT KILL YOU TO PUT ALL OF THE TABLES YOU NEED IN A CONVENIENT LOCATION? Or at least make information that pertains to generating and altering character stats stand out a little more? How about making the book more intuitive for play?

I didn't buy this so I could read it from cover to cover. No more than I would buy any reference book for that reason. You practically have to read the whole darn book before you can create a playable character. Put that info in the front. Let people play the system, and then refer to things deeper in the book as they go along and get more familiar.

It is a pretty book tho, all shiny and hard covered.

Page: 1 | 2