Profile for BlackJackFrank > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BlackJackFrank RSS Feed

Oh, Inverted World
Oh, Inverted World
Price: $11.88
98 used & new from $1.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 26, 2006
This review is from: Oh, Inverted World (Audio CD)
Every song on this album is important, every song is beautifully written and sung. Every song just seems relaxing, and great. There are wonderful harmonies in each song.

My Personal Favorites - New Slang, Weird Divide, The Past And Pending, Caring is Creepy, and Girl Inform Me. But all the songs are great too.

I recommend this album to anyone.

Maladroit
Maladroit
Price: $10.00
206 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, January 26, 2006
This review is from: Maladroit (Audio CD)
I love weezer, ever since the first time I heard the blue album. Then green came and got me pretty disappointed, its lyrics were not personal, and where the lyrics seemed so bland and overused. But this album is a step better. The lyrics have more feeling to it, the guitar work is pretty good, and it has some pretty great melodies. I recommend to get this album after you get Blue and Pinkerton, but definitely not before The Green Album or The disappointing Make Believe.

Crooked Rain Crooked Rain: L.A.'s Desert Origins
Crooked Rain Crooked Rain: L.A.'s Desert Origins
Price: $11.88
65 used & new from $2.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, January 24, 2006
As one of the reviews said, I'd like the original better, but this album has a bunch of songs alot of fans would like to hear. But I would recommend this album to any fan.

Make Believe
Make Believe
Price: $11.18
153 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Ouch, That hurt, January 24, 2006
This review is from: Make Believe (Audio CD)
I had high hopes for this album, Weezer was getting there.But before anything I say, Let me say, this album isn't absolutely dreadful, it's just mediocre, nothing special, very safe and cautious. The album has some nice melodies here and there, with some catchy lyrics, but really not much emotion. It's surprising to hear pinkerton and this, I'm not saying that I'd like it to be like Pinkerton or the Blue, but I just think that there is alot less emotion to weezer. There aren't very many memorable songs on the album either.

-If you have heard Beverly Hills and We Are All On Drugs, ignore those becuase the whole album isnt all like that.Although this album isnt very good, if you are into all the "new" and modern bands that are on the radio, this album is probably better.

-If you just want to enjoy weezer for a short small period of time, get this album.

-If you really want to get into weezer, skip this album, and I'm sure you have heard it a billion times already, but get the Blue album and Pinkerton first.

Doolittle
Doolittle
Price: $10.00
44 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this sounds good to my ears, January 24, 2006
This review is from: Doolittle (Audio CD)
Loud, usually angry voices, awesome background vocals, great lyrics and distorted odd guitar leads make this album what it is. Although it's more "accessible" than Surfer Rosa, it still took me 3 or 4 listen to get into it. This album is one of the most important albums for the Pixies, so before you call yourself a fan, you must get this, then Surfer Rosa. Get this album as soon as you can.

OK Computer
OK Computer
Price: $7.00
259 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, January 24, 2006
This review is from: OK Computer (Audio CD)
This album is full of sadness, and emotion, but it doesn't bore you . I still can't believe one of the reviews, which said,

"...none of these songs have ever been on MTV, TRL, BET or the radio, that tells you right their that Radiohead is a joke band with no talent!! If you want good musik with good guitar playa's who know whats up, then by any album from Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Papa Roach, Atreyu, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Disturbed, Death Cab For Cutie, Reliant K, Good Charlotte and the always brutal KoRn"

Wow, this is what the music industry has created huh?

Anyways, this album is essential for any Radiohead fan.I recommend this Radiohead album after the Bends, because the Bends would 'ease you into Ok Computer. It might take a few listens, but you won't be disappointed at all.

My Favorites - Lucky, Exit Music (For a Film), Paranoid Android, Subterranean Homesick Alien, Karma Police, No Surprises.

The rest of the songs are also excellent, but those are just my favorites. So get this album after the Bends, but it is an essential CD for any music fan.