Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Gleep > Reviews

Browse

Gleep's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gleep RSS Feed (Southern California)

Page: 1 | 2
Pocket Juice External Rechargeable Battery Power Bank. It Gives 6 Hours Talk. Compatible with Ipad, Iphone, Samsung & Other Mobile Devices. Micro USB Cable Included. 1500 mah Battery Pink.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT performance from a cheapie battery!!, July 8, 2015
After charging my (new, never used) Pocket Juice overnight, I carried it to a convention the following day. When my iPhone 4S drained to less than 10%, I plugged it into the Pocket Juice. Even though I was USING my iPhone most of the time during charging, the Pocket Juice still charged my iPhone to 100% -- and STILL had some juice left. Incredible!

NOTE: THE Pocket Juice has four indicator lights to tell you when it's fully charged. As your iPhone charges, these lights will begin to dwindle from four down to one light. My Pocket Juice fell to only one light VERY quickly -- when my iPhone was only recharged to about 70% -- and (because I'd never used it before) I thought, "Well this is a piece of junk." BUT!! At only one light, the Pocket Juice just kept going and going and going! As I said before, it charged my iPhone all the way to 100% and still had juice left. Way to go, Pocket Juice!

Disney Princess - Magical Castle Dollhouse for for 11.5" Dolls
Disney Princess - Magical Castle Dollhouse for for 11.5" Dolls

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, February 11, 2005
I purchased this for my (nearly) four-year-old daughter. It is really, really flimsy. She is not a rough player; on the contrary, she is quite gentle. However, this castle's parts continually fall apart. I have finally been reduced to taking it all apart (storing the staircase, railings, etc, in a box in the garage)while she plays with the main structure that remains. Just a head's up -- I have purchased several items now under the "Disney" label -- and disappointingly, they all have been very cheaply made. Not at all on par with their pricing.

Voyager Series: Romantic Hawaii
Voyager Series: Romantic Hawaii
Price: $9.05
20 used & new from $1.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Ack., August 8, 2003
I am a haole (caucasian from the mainland) who loves ticky tacky-type luau music (the kind performed for tourists), as well as exotica (the music that wafted from my parents' vinyl albums when I was a baby in the 60's). But honestly, this album falls short of both of those categories.
It is truly awful. It sounds like Lawrence Welk's sickly rendition of "Polynesian" music. Just listen to the first sample, and you'll detect the distinct sound of an old guy waving a baton at his orchestra. Yeesh.
There are many, many great CD's out there to help provide the perfect ambiance and background for your next luau or cocktail party. This one, however, ain't it. Keep shopping!

Bubbling Creek
Bubbling Creek
Offered by DeepDiscountsDeals
Price: $12.95
13 used & new from $0.49

4.0 out of 5 stars You'll feel calmer instantly..., April 5, 2002
This review is from: Bubbling Creek (Audio CD)
I, too, was searching and searching for a babbling brook CD without the John Tesh / Yani style muzak which accompanies many of the nature sounds CDs offered. This one delivers! It is soothing and continuous. That is, it sounds as if someone crouched down next to a babbling creek and left their microphone there for an hour or so.
I enjoyed this restful CD so much I wound up using it to lull my infant daughter to sleep -- My baby and I both greatly prefer it to the swarm of classical music lullabies CDs I received as gifts.
In addition, a friend of mine was looking for a desktop fountain for her cubicle at work to help calm her stressful environment. When they proved to be too costly (or more often, the drone of the fountain's pump was louder than the water's trickle), I bought her this CD and suggested that she try it instead. She loved it, and now plays it 'looped'. She swears it has lowered her blood pressure!
I give it 4 stars out of 5, only because the sound quality is good, not great. Do I care?? Heck no! I can hear the water trickling, trickling, trickling, ZZZZZZ. Oh sorry, just dozed off there for a moment.
All this bliss for less than $[money}. Whadda find! Whadda deal! Light some incense and enjoy!

Miracles: The Holiday Album
Miracles: The Holiday Album
Offered by Supply Chain Direct
Price: $3.95
668 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars ACK!, December 3, 2001
Too much screeching soprano saxophone! This will get on your nerves for SURE! Several years ago I fell prey to the "Kenny G wave of hysteria" and purchased this. I sold it the very next year. It is not background music. It is not party music. Although I am a jazz fan, I would rather bake holiday cookies and wrap gifts in complete silence than be subjected to this grating noise. Again I say: Ack.

"New Hawaiian Band - Hawaii's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1"
"New Hawaiian Band - Hawaii's Greatest Hits, Vol. 1"
Price: $4.99
56 used & new from $0.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Haole Tunes, May 15, 2001
This CD is perfect for your backyard luau as the sun is setting. Laced with tunes more on the mellow side, it will lend itself beautifully as background music for any tropical soiree or vacation. I put this CD on tape and popped it into the tape deck of our convertible to enhance our most recent vacation in Hawaii! "Hawaii's Greatest Hits" lilted through the air as we drove around the islands! Tacky? Perhaps. Did it make our vacation even more memorable and fun? Absolutely! I heartily recommend it!

Reggae Christmas
Reggae Christmas
Offered by Argos Media Corp.
Price: $14.49
19 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars You'd Be Wise To Skip Dees One, Mmmmahn, September 9, 2000
This review is from: Reggae Christmas (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD last holiday season (from a store) and have only suffered through it once. While I enjoy alternative versions of traditional Christmas music, this CD was very disappointing. It does not deliver the "laid back" charm of most Reggae music. Don't bother. I'm going to sell my copy.

Drums Of Bora Bora And Songs Of Tahiti
Drums Of Bora Bora And Songs Of Tahiti
Offered by skyvo-direct-usa
Price: $17.54
36 used & new from $2.14

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Haole (caucasian) gal from Mainland USA, June 21, 2000
From the moment I wrestled this CD from its plastic wrapper, it became one of my favorites. I pop it in whenever I need instant energy. You absolutely cannot sit still when this is playing. It is fabulous. I originally purchased it to use as background music for a backyard luau, but now I exercise to it, do housework to it, etc. There are some songs on the CD (singers accompanied by guitars and other musical instruments), but it is mainly comprised of drumming. Very Polynesia! Very provocative! If you've ever been to a luau and been captivated by its live entertainment, this CD is for you! Bring those tribal beats into your home today!

Art of Japanese Bamboo Flute & Koto
Art of Japanese Bamboo Flute & Koto
Price: $14.15
5 used & new from $10.15

5.0 out of 5 stars It's A Goodie!, April 30, 2000
One of my favorite CDs. Light some incense and get ready to be transported to Japan. Ideal for meditation or just soothing background music, this CD is a must for anyone who has wondered where to buy the type of music typically heard in Japanese restaurants. It produces a calming effect being that this CD has no "screeching" licks -- a trait which sometimes characterizes music performed on the Koto. This CD would also help create superb ambiance at your next sushi party! While (it is fairly obvious) I am not versed in Japanese music, I know that I love this CD. You will not be disappointed.

Angus [VHS]
Angus [VHS]
VHS
Offered by Autumn Heart Books and Media
Price: $17.76
33 used & new from $1.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Leonard Maltin is an idiot, March 11, 1999
This review is from: Angus [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I am a 35-year-old female who absolutely loved this film, proving that although this film centers around a high school Freshman, it can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Most touching are Angus' relationships with his small, close-knit family, as well as his quirky best friend. Kudos to the film's screenwriter(s) who successfully portrayed all of the characters in a realistic light (read: no two-dimensional villains in this film). "Angus"'s original dialogue delivers a super message of enthusiasm and courage for anyone who has ever had self esteem issues...and who hasn't...without the typical "route for the underdog cheesy ending." I plan to use this film in a forum for my staff members, and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to be thoroughly entertained.

Page: 1 | 2