Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Jeremee Wetherby > Reviews

Jeremee Wetherby's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeremee Wetherby "CookinginGeorgia" RSS Feed (Canton, GA)

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, January 30, 2015
How does one describe what it means to be patriotic? In a world of fast food, instant media, iPhones and iPad, what does it take to remind one what's important in life. I chose to read the book prior to seeing the movie since I fundamentally didn't believe a movie could be made without the drama and action that our society craves for. I feel differently after reading the book. It is very clear that Chris and his wife opened their lives with candid rawness to help the world understand what our troops endure while they are deployed overseas. This is a story about Chris and his life, but it is so much more. It is the bonds of brotherhood that are forged during war. It is the complete sacrifice of self for your brothers and country and the challenge to reconcile that with the responsibility of family.

It is my hope that after reading this book you take a minute out of your busy life to stop and thank any member of the armed forces for their duty and sacrifice. They have earned it.

Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Fuchsia - Pink
Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Fuchsia - Pink
Offered by L&Y Business
Price: $496.00
34 used & new from $345.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Reliability is not it's strong suit, May 14, 2014
First, let me say this is an amazing vacuum cleaner. Tremendous power, easy to clean and very maneuverable. That is the high points. Unfortunately, we're now on repair #3 with this vacuum. The first issue you are likely to see is one of the rollers on the bottom of the vacuum to wear out and fail. If you use this on hardwood floors, this can be very bad since it will start to scratch your floors. We brought this in for repair and it took 2 weeks just to replace. We've had to make this repair twice. The latest issue is the support structure for the hose. This is a plastic vacuum cleaner and the plastic broke. I'm not sure what rigorous testing this vacuum went through, but it's pretty flimsy plastic. In short, this is the last Dyson we will buy. Yes, unbelievable suction power (started to pull the threads out of our carpet!), but high maintenance and will not last. Your better off spending the money on a more robust vacuum since you'll have to replace this one right after the warranty expires.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 7:24 PM PST

Ender's Shadow (The Shadow Saga Book 1)
Ender's Shadow (The Shadow Saga Book 1)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Taken by surprise, July 5, 2013
Sometimes you start a book with low expectations and become pleasantly surprised that it's better than you thought. That's exactly how I felt with Ender's Game. Going into Ender's Shadow, I had high expectations and was once again surprised that Orson Scott Card could create such unique memorable characters. His story eloquently captures the inventiveness of the child's mind, as well as, the unwavering structure of humanity. A great read that speaks beyond the confines of a sci-fi novel.

Alice: Madness Returns - PC
Alice: Madness Returns - PC
Offered by GBA Global
Price: $14.89
16 used & new from $9.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fan of the original, June 26, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Before I start, I'd like to make a few things clear. I am a big fan of the original game and was looking forward to the sequel so I already have a positive attachment to this game. Secondly, I'm running this on an Alienware computer with dual graphic cards so I cannot comment on lag issues that have been highlighted by other reviewers.

The Review
-This game is visually stunning. The more I play, the more time I'm taking to explore the environments and really enjoy the detail the designers have put into the game. It's this very point I think that's causing other to dislike the game. Recently, I've seen a trend in gaming to identify a challenge and work to complete that challenge as quickly as possible. My son is a prime example, he works to get through a game as quickly as possible and doesn't try to enjoy the game, the challenges, and the puzzles. Alice:Madness Returns reminds me of many of the early computer games that were released. Various jumping, lever, platform challenges to move onto the next level. The enjoyment from Alice comes from the amazing visuals and how Alice actually moves. Her hair, her outfits, and the butterflys that appear when she dies, sprints, or floats down to a platform. An additional perk is her heightened senses when she's small. This sense allows Alice to see hidden platforms and messages throughout the game. Most of these messages are informative, however, a few I found very amusing.

The combat system has been upgraded and it is very satisfying. There are a few issues which I will highlight below, but overall, it's tolerable and it's not anything that I don't think a future patch can't resolve.

The Negatives
This was clearly ported to PC. A game controller is clearly the way this game was meant to be played, however, I had to give it up since it became very frustrating to constantly readjust the camera angle to follow Alice with the controller vs use the mouse. Additionally, As highlighted in some of the negative reviews, is the "targeting" combat mode. I believe this was meant as a simple way to use ranged attacks in the game, however, it becomes very frustrating when you have to switch between ranged and melee. While in targeting mode, you can use the umbrella to deflect attacks but you can't when your not in this mode. This can be very frustrating especially when I don't typically use the auto-target feature. This is where a game controller would make it very simple to switch modes on the fly and a keyboard makes that difficult. Also, I've found the only way to get out of this mode quickly is to shrink.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this game despite the control issues. The story is clearly pulling me in and continues to pull me deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole. For those reviews that highlighted the frustration of not being able to save, welcome back to the old days of gaming which in an ironic sense I'm enjoying. It's forcing me to learn how to play the game better and make Alice more agile. I wouldn't recommend this game to someone who just enjoys getting through a game as quickly as possible, but to someone who is willing to take the time and enjoy it for what it is. If your the type of person that enjoyed Psychonauts, you will definitely enjoy Alice:Madness Returns.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2013 1:07 PM PDT

Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor
Garmin GSC 10 Speed/Cadence Bike Sensor
Offered by Heart Rate Monitors USA
Price: $45.50
46 used & new from $38.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I would purchase again!, December 22, 2010
This is the 2nd Garmin GSC 10 we've purchased. I originally bought one for my bike and eventually bought a 2nd one for my wife. Compared to other speed/cadence devices that require a direct wire, this one is great. It's completely wireless and attaches very quickly to your bike with minimal set-up. All you need to do is attach the speed and cadence sensors to your bike, align the GSC 10, and press the calibration button. If it picks up your speed sensor a little light turns green, if it picks up your cadence sensor, it turns red. From there you simply tighten and pair with your Garmin device. I have a 405CX and my wife has the 310XT. Both devices paired very quickly and work great. The only thing you need to remember is to turn off the GPS feature when cycling indoors on a trainer. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on how waterproof the device is since I've never used it in the rain.

Ader Plyometric Platform Box Set- 18" Black, 24" White Finish
Ader Plyometric Platform Box Set- 18" Black, 24" White Finish
Offered by fitness-outlet
Price: $149.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Stands!, July 5, 2010
My wife and I are avid crossfitters and were looking for an economic set of Plyometric Boxes that would meet both our needs. I'm not a small individual and I weigh over 235lbs so we wanted to be sure we purchased boxes that could meet the wear and tear that they would experience over time. These boxes are exactly what we were looking for. They were extremely well packaged and are very solid. They do not flex and will not tip over. We're very happy with these boxes and would definitely recommend them.

NETGEAR Wireless Router - N600 Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR3700)
NETGEAR Wireless Router - N600 Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR3700)
Price: $77.74
172 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay for the features, June 2, 2010
I researched a number or wireless routers before making the final decision to purchase this one. I've been a long time advocate of linksys and making the transition to Netgear was a leap of faith. Thankfully, I was not disappointed. I'm familiar with setting up wireless networks and was not afraid to go through the painful process of setting up each wireless device to work with the router, however, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to add devices to this router. Just a simple press of a button and the required wireless security information is quickly transferred over to the new device and your connected. Once the connection is made, I was extremely impressed with the overall range. The main selling point for me was the range and the addition of a usb storage device. This device has been criticized for the speed of the USB port, however, I have had no issues using the port for a central storage device for pictures and music. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for storing movies or for watching movies directly off the drive.

Overall, I've been very happy with the performance and would recommend it. The dual band range is limited, but unless your looking to stream HD movies it shouldn't be a concern.

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive 3.5 Inch, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM SATA II WD1001FALS
Offered by DatabugLLC
Price: $76.79
32 used & new from $23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice drive at a reasonable price, September 14, 2009
In the current age of digital media a large hard drive is an absolute must. I've now replaced the hard drives in my current desktop computer 3 times and it hasn't been due to failed drives. This drive is 4x larger than the one it replaced and it clearly outperforms it on all levels. I was concerned with the overall speed of the drive due to it's size, however, I realize that I had nothing to worry about. The drive was easy to install and performs extremely well. The only issue I had was assoicated with Western Digital's unique connection cable. I wasn't sure if I needed the cable or not and ordered one anyway (turned out I didn't need it). This is a great drive at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend and I'm presonally debating purchasing a 2nd.

Nyko Wii Charge Station
Nyko Wii Charge Station
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $14.99
36 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Finicky little piece of equipment, May 20, 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I read several reviews of this product before buying to make sure I knew what I was getting into. Most of the reviews were spot on and I can definitely sympathize with the charge cradle and how careful you need to be to ensure the remotes fit just perfect or they don't charge. This is definitely not a cordless phone charger where you can toss the phone in the cradle and it charges. You do need to place them gently into the charger and wiggle them a little bit before the light goes on and then wait a minute to make sure the light stays on. I'll take a little wiggle over buying batteries every week, but if every phone manufacturer can figure this out, why can't NYKO?

I do recommend you buy one of these or wait for an upgraded model since it's not that much of a nuisance, but don't expect kids under 10 to get the remotes back into the charger consistently.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2008 4:28 AM PDT

KitchenAid KSB5WH 5-Speed Blender, White
KitchenAid KSB5WH 5-Speed Blender, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Short Term Power, February 14, 2006
We received this blender as a wedding gift a number of years ago. Thankfully, we've only used it occassionally for a smoothie or two. It works great, for about 2-3 minutes before it shuts itself off to prevent overheating. Once it's started overheating, forget about getting anything productive out of it. It will only work in short spurts and not at full power. We've realized this blender has seen it's last day when I had issues blending vegetables for a salsa (roasted tomatillos challenging a blender???). We're off to get an Oyster or a Waring... Sorry KA