Profile for Brian Sun > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 42

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian Sun RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Raxxess Rack Rails (Pair) Black 6 Space
Raxxess Rack Rails (Pair) Black 6 Space
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $10.08
2 used & new from $10.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, exactly what I needed, October 29, 2014
I was looking for rack rails to build a cheap rack mount for my audio devices. After looking through many reviews, it seemed that many people had the same idea. These rails work perfectly with IKEA's Rast table and soon after installing, I was able to fit my Presonus Firepod on there.

iPad mini Keyboard Case, New Trent Gladius Mini iPad Case compatible: iPad mini, mini with retina display, and mini 3. Rugged: [Water, Dirt and Shock Proof] [360 Degree Rotation] Leather Hand Strap, with [Built-in stand + Screen Protector]
Price: $71.95
3 used & new from $33.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting design, useful features, great case, October 29, 2014
As brilliantly that Apple designs their products, we are starting to get to the point where these devices are getting so thin, it may be difficult to grip. Late night binge watching or Facebook’ing can develop some soreness and hand cramps. This unique case from New Trent solves that problem.

This case is designed with a fairly large, adjustable hand strap. So you can hold your iPad in the palm of your hand.The handle part of the case swivels so it allows you to use your iPad in a landscape or portrait position. Located behind the handle is a kick stand, so you can rest your iPad on a table. One funny design aspect is that it looks an awfully like a bottle cap opener (use at your own risk).

As always, New Trent cases are extremely snug, so you may have some trouble putting the device in the case at first. But once you have it, you are set. All the ports and buttons come with a cover, essentially making the device water resistant. The case comes in two layers, making it shock proof as well. Their design always reminds me of the OtterBox cases.

The design of the case doesn’t look too bad either. The leather strap with the sleek black case looks great and definitely adds a bit of class to your iPad.

Using it at first may seem difficult, maybe even counterintuitive, but give it a shot. This may be the perfect case for you. At first, I wasn’t a big fan of the design, but it grew on me. It’s been my main case for almost two weeks now and i really like it!

iPhone 6 Case, New Trent Trentium 6S 4.7 [Ultra-thin] [Heavy Duty] Full-Body Rugged [Water resistant/Dirt/Shockproof] Case for Apple iPhone 6 with 4.7" screen [with Built-In Screen Protector ] [Black/Silver/Gold Interchangeable Back Plate Included] -NOT compatible to iPhone 6 Plus 5.5"
Price: $49.95
5 used & new from $21.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case with some issues, October 29, 2014
There aren’t too many case manufacturers that give you options with your purchase. That’s what Ive always loved about the Trentium case, it gives me options. I’m the kind of guy who likes to change it up every so often, so now, instead of getting a brand new case, I can just change the back plate to whatever mood I feel like, which in this class includes black, silver and gold. The case itself reminds me of a lot of Otterbox cases, right down to the circle cutout where you can see the Apple logo. There is plastic over the hole so you don’t damage your precious logo and iPhone.

The case was really snug and took a little while to get in. There are covers of the headphone jack, the buttons, effectively making the case water resistant. The case comes with a built in screen protector, which may or may not work out for you. I tend to get InvisibleShields installed when I first get a new Apple product, so two screen protectors create nasty looking bubbles.

The iPhone 6 is ridiculously thin, but this case makes it feel significantly larger. This can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference. If the iPhone 6 is too think and has a tendency to slip out of your hands, then this case is for you! As for me, I am not a fan of the bulkiness.

Another gripe I have with this case is that it the area around the front of the case is raised significantly so your screen doesn’t get damaged when dropped on a flat surface, but it can feel a little strange when using your thumb on the screen. Also there is a thin film over the home button which is hit or miss with the TouchID. It can also be a little awkward to press the home button due to how much the bevel is raised.

Overall, I think it is a great case, with some issues. Even with those issues, it is still better than many of the other cases I’ve seen.

ePhoto Adjustable Swivel Hot Shoe Mount 1/4-Inch Shoe adapter adjustable angle for Flash, LED light, Camera, Monitor FT9710
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, mostly great build quality for the price., October 20, 2014
Exactly what I was looking for. I have a portable Yamaha recorder and it has a 1/4" slot available for a tripod. I wanted to use the portal recorder and mount it to the hot shoe of my Canon DSLR and record the audio. Fortunately, I found this one for a cheap price, so I jumped on it. It is exactly what I needed and works perfectly. My one complaint is the knob that loosens or tightens it is a little hard to grip, but considering what I paid for it, I can't really complain.

iPad mini Keyboard Case, New Trent Airbender Mini - [Full-body Rugged] [Water Resistant, Dirt and Shockproof] Wireless Bluetooth iPad Mini Keyboard case with [Built-in Screen Protector] -fits iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display, and iPad mini 3 (3rd Gen)
Price: $40.95
14 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little keyboard case!, September 29, 2014
I own the iPad Air version of this case and I loved it. It was and still is a rugged, well designed Bluetooth keyboard case, except this time for my iPad mini.

It adds considerable weight to the relatively small iPad mini, but it definitely makes the mini feel secure. I would definitely throw this into my backpack without worrying whatsoever about damaging my iPad. The keyboard itself is relatively small, it reminds me of a netbook I used to have. Learning to type on it may be a little difficult at first,but once you get used to it, it's not as awkward.

An improvement that I'm glad carried over from the iPad Air version is the fact that the case that contains the iPad is removable. So don't feel like carrying the keyboard? Use the lens cap like release and take the iPad out. Now you just he iPad in a heavy duty case, not unlike many Otterbox cases.

The case contains a built in screen protector, which may be a good or bad thing depending on your situation. I already have an invisible shield installed, so when I put it into the snug case, it creates air bubbles.

Overall, this is a great addition to their lineup of accessories for iOS devices. I enjoyed the Air version and this one is no different.

Wall Charger, Arcadia NT90C 17W 5V/3.4A [Dual USB Ports] [High-Speed] AC Wall Charger with [Foldable Prong] for most of the Smartphones, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S5,.. 5V Tablets, iPad Air, iPad 2/3/4,.. and more.
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, convenient charger, September 1, 2014
In this age we live in, USB chargers are a necessity. I have been using this wonderful little wall charger for the past few weeks and during that time, it has proved its usefulness.

The Arcadia NT90C is a bit larger than your standard iPhone wall adaptor, maybe 1/2 - 2 times larger. The prongs fold in, not unlike the 12W iPad adaptor, which makes it surprisingly portable. It features one 2.4A port for your tablet and one 1A port for smartphones. This makes it incredibly convenient. I don’t have to bring a bunch of different adapters when I go on vacation (those adaptors add up when your a techie!).

This device really impressed me the other night when I had two external batteries that needed to be charged. I plugged them into the NT90C and let it do its thing. Came back to it later and I had two fully charged batteries. Unlike some adaptors, this one doesn’t even run hot, at least from my tests.

Only thing I can complain about is the finish of the product. It is a glossy black, which tends to be a fingerprint magnet. Far from a deal breaker, but its something if you want to nitpick.

Overall I am quite impressed with the build quality. I remember having the older version of this product and it feels like New Trent really stepped up their game!

Gary Fong Wedding Event Flash Modifying Kit (Black/White/Gray/Amber)
Gary Fong Wedding Event Flash Modifying Kit (Black/White/Gray/Amber)
Offered by PHOTOTECH
Price: $99.95
21 used & new from $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I never use my flash on-camera without it!, August 28, 2014
I did a lot of research online on whether or not I want to purchase the Light Sphere. I've heard the criticism about how it's just a piece of plastic or Tupperware. But on the flip side, I've also heard the praise for it. Then my coworker/photographer recommended it to me for an upcoming wedding, so I decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot.

I use the Light Sphere with my Speedlite 430EXII. It fits perfectly and will rarely come off if you have the velcro wrapped tight enough. I'm not a fan of the big "GARY FONG' in white bold letters around the velcro, but its something that can easily be taken care of. The dvd comes with videos that you can pretty much find on his YouTube channel, but they do help you understand it a little better.

I must say that ever since purchasing the Light Sphere, I never use my flash on-camera without it. The light it creates is so much softer and gives it that extra professional touch. It did exactly what I expected it to do, since weddings do not always allow you the luxury of setting up your complete lighting set up.

iPad Air Keyboard Case, New Trent Airbender Pro [Full-body Rugged] [Water, Dirt, Shock Resistant ][Detachable] [360 Degree Rotatable] Wireless Bluetooth Clamshell iPad Keyboard Case with [Built-in Screen Protector]- Compatible: iPad Air/iPad 5
Price: $99.95
13 used & new from $50.07

5.0 out of 5 stars NewTrent took a good keyboard case and turned it into a GREAT keyboard case, August 28, 2014
I had previously owned the first version of the Airbender bluetooth keyboard. Initially I had thought it was good, but it was not without its issues, but it was a cheap alternative at the time and I was happy with the purchase.

I saw that NewTrent had new versions of the keyboard out and I couldn't resist. I'm glad I did. This case is a major improvement over the older one in almost every way. The keyboard itself is more or less the same, with slight changes to the on/off section of the keyboard. It is slightly bigger than my old netbook keyboard, which is a GREAT thing. I am typing up this review on the keyboard as we speak and I'm already typing on it as if I've been using it for years.

Since this is the pro version, the case is a bit heavier. It is almost like the NewTrent's Gladius case or an Otterbox case. It has two layers, a slightly softer plastic that cushions around the harder plastic piece that encases the iPad. The inner case isn't as tight this time around and does not get in the way of my existing screen protector. My issue with the previous version was that the case was so tight, it would create air bubbles because of the tightness. Upon putting it on, I was extremely happy that they fixed that issue (as any self-respecting tech person would already have some sort of screen protector).

Another improvement that NewTrent made with this case is that they made the keyboard portion removable. Let's face it, as convenient as the keyboard is, it defeats the purpose of having a portable device such as the iPad. This time around, they made the arm detachable. Don't feel like carrying the almost 1 inch thick case? No worries, the case comes right off and you have a pretty nice iPad case. It even has a built-in screen protector, in case you don't already have one. The arm is a nice gun metal grey instead of the original silver. The clip part is a sleek black with chrome trim. It has a great look and pretty much looks and acts as a camera lens cap. The case itself feels great. It is not completely smooth, but has a slight texture to it that took me a little bit of use before getting used to it. There is a hole on the back, but there is plastic over it to protect the precious apple logo.

Overall I feel that NewTrent took a good keyboard case and turned it into a GREAT keyboard case. This is something that I would definitely recommend to friends. It is a two in one case that finally replaces my Apple Smart Case.

iPhone 5S Case, Spigen® iPhone 5S Case Bumper [Neo Hybrid EX SLIM] [Champagne Gold] Dual Layer Slim Bumper Case for iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 - Champagne Gold (SGP10605)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $28.99
6 used & new from $25.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, sleek case, August 10, 2014
Great case! It allows you to keep the beautiful look of the gold iPhone without compromising protectiveness. It is actually two pieces, a white rubber piece that goes around and a gold plastic bumbler that goes above that. I would combine that with an invisible shield on the front and the back and you'll be set with minimal protection without sacrificing looks.

Bandai Power Rangers Legacy Dragonzord
Bandai Power Rangers Legacy Dragonzord
Price: $79.99
45 used & new from $56.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! Get this while you can., August 10, 2014
This dragonzord is everything I could have hoped for as a kid. It's screen accurate, paint job looks amazing and they have gone above and beyond what power rangers fans could have expected. Every segment of the tail is also articulated.

It is comparable with bandai's zordon builder system, so you can combine it with any of their sleds that have been released over the last 4 years or so. The only problem might be the weight of the item. It is partially diecast so any combination with previous odds might make it top heavy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5