Profile for Jenna Riane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jenna Riane "Baker & Mac Goddess Extraordinaire" RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
3M Scotch Transparent Duct Tape, 1.88-Inch by 20-Yard (2120-A)
3M Scotch Transparent Duct Tape, 1.88-Inch by 20-Yard (2120-A)
Price: $5.88
73 used & new from $2.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticky and clear-ish, December 21, 2014
Just like regular duct tape only kinda clear. I had holes in my floors where old heaters had been and mice were using them as a highway of sorts. I used a small piece of this tape over the holes and now the mice can't get into my living room, office, or storage room. They have to stay outside. Because the tape is clear, it doesn't look horrible. Because it's duct tape, it sticks like nobody's business. It is not transparent, more like frosted and of course has the mesh duct tape patterning.

Compac Safe-T-Bumpers Toilet Seat Stabilizers
Compac Safe-T-Bumpers Toilet Seat Stabilizers
Offered by suppliesNmore
Price: $4.55
9 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFESAVER. Buy it, it will fix the problem., September 30, 2014
This is the best and most amazing thing ever invented. OK, that might be an exaggeration, but I feel very strongly about this. My husband said there was no problem with the upstairs toilet but that stupid seat slid sideways every time I used it because our 200 year old house has slanted floors and nothing is level. I tried the plugs that go inside the screw holes and those did not work. These worked perfectly.

Westinghouse 6696100 One-Light Exterior Wall Lantern, Matte Black Finish on Steel with Clear Curved Glass Panels
Offered by Lighting Supply Group
Price: $17.99
10 used & new from $12.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, looks great, September 30, 2014
I wish it were bigger, but it's really nice. Super easy to install. I've never done electrical of any kind, and after installing the first one in 15 minutes, the second one I did in under 5 minutes.

Silhouette Scraper
Silhouette Scraper
Price: $8.21
11 used & new from $3.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable - must have, September 30, 2014
This review is from: Silhouette Scraper (Misc.)
I thought about using a credit card as a scraper, but I like the curve of this better and the plastic it's made of. Works well.

Pinzon Microfiber Sheet Set, King with 4 Pillowcases, Blue Dusk
Pinzon Microfiber Sheet Set, King with 4 Pillowcases, Blue Dusk
Price: $36.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft + 4 pillow cases = win!, September 30, 2014
They're super soft, they come with 4 pillow cases, and the blue grey color is really nice. They're a little too large and I have no idea which way is up, but that's always the problem with non-patterned king sheets. I will recommend them and buy more if I have reason to.

GREENIES PILL POCKETS Allergy Formula Canine Treats - Duck and Pea Flavor - Capsule Size - 6.6 oz. (187 g) - 25 Count
Price: $6.93
33 used & new from $2.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves them, they work, Duck & Pea smell BAD, September 30, 2014
My dog liked these very much. She isn't that difficult to pill, but she had to get two pills twice a day and it just seemed more pleasant to give it to her in Pill Pockets. We have tried the hickory smoke flavor, peanut butter flavor, and the duck & pea flavor. We have also tried the capsule pockets and the tablet pockets. The capsule ones are larger to fit capsules in them. I tried that to put the two tiny tablets into it but my Chihuahua x Boston Terrier found them too large and would chew them, which meant she discovered the pill and spit the pill out. I had to use the tablet size and give her one for each pill. The hickory smoke smell like bacon, sort of, and are pleasant smelling. Both of my dogs liked them. The peanut butter ones smell the least and smell EXACTLY like peanut butter. The duck & pea ones smell like vomit. It's disgusting and I will never buy those again. The hickory smoke ones seemed to be the most pliable and easiest to smush, which is what you want, in order to get the pockets to stay closed. My dog became obsessed with the pill pockets and began making me follow her downstairs at strange times to show me the counter where we kept them to ask me for them.

Totally Bamboo 20-2091 In-Drawer Bamboo Knife Block
Totally Bamboo 20-2091 In-Drawer Bamboo Knife Block
Price: $23.32
10 used & new from $19.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 23, 2014
Worked so much better than I expected. I have Global knives and I used to use a magnetic strip but I have an open kitchen and no walls. I didn't want to waste the counter space on a knife block, so the knives were stupidly being kept in a drawer with no protection. One got damaged and that was it - had to do something. This thing took up no space at all, fit all of my knives (and I thought I had a lot of knives) and the knives are all different sizes. It does have a little trouble with one of the very triangular handles of one of my Globals but all the others are perfectly situated. I wish I could see what all the knives were, but for being in a drawer, this is great.

Don-Jo 1507 Hinge Pin Stop, Polished Brass Finish
Don-Jo 1507 Hinge Pin Stop, Polished Brass Finish
Price: $4.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, here are better instructions, August 23, 2014
We replaced a hallway wall because a doorknob had been bashed into it so many times over the 200 years this house has been standing that the plaster repairs were not holding. This meant new baseboard as well, and a little spring screwed into the brand new wood in the middle of my hallway right when you come up the stairs seemed tacky and also possibly hazardous. I got the other kind of hinge pin door stops that they sell at the big box stores and they were not able to accommodate the 90 degree angle that my door opens to. This thing is magic. You hardly know its there, it works well, and it took me five minutes to install. The instructions are not perfectly clear, so I'm going to give you clearer instructions here because that would have saved me 3 of the 5 minutes installing it.

Tools you may need: a screwdriver to remove your old hinge pin, a hammer to tap in the new one.

1 - Remove your old hinge pin from one of your hinges.
2 - Disassemble the Don-Jo 1507 Hinge Pin Stop completely so that it is in 3 pieces (from top to bottom)- the screw, the cam, and the pin.
3 - Put the pin in hinge. There is a non removable cam built in to the pin. It should be set CLOSEST to the DOOR.
4 - Put the free cam on the pin. This is what will stop your door from opening when it comes in contact with your casing. It should be CLOSEST to the WALL (or whatever you are trying to stop the door from hitting/opening into).
5 - Open your door. If the door opens too much, remove the cam and put it on so that it is closer to the wall. If the door does not open enough, remove the cam and put it on so that it is closer to the door. Repeat this step until you have found the perfect angle.
6 - Attach the screw on the top.

Hopefully this makes more sense than the three steps that really didn't in the instruction page. I will be installing two more of these on other doors that just can't support other doorstops and I will probably buy more when I move rather than having those unsightly things sticking out of the walls. Wish they sold them at the home improvement stores.

**Update: 12/21/14 - I am taking off one star because they do not work if the door is pushed open with gusto. You kind of have to treat the door gently for it to work, which won't work well for families with kids, impatient people, or in high traffic doors that get swung open with force.

Bagster 3CUYD Dumpster in a Bag
Bagster 3CUYD Dumpster in a Bag
Price: $26.77
8 used & new from $15.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of thieves., August 14, 2014
We used two of these without a hitch, filled them, scheduled them, they were picked up no problem. I live on Main Street in a reasonably well-populated town. People did pick through them and take our wood. Then we got another one, filled it, and I went to the store to get a second one before calling to have them picked up because A) I had more trash than would fit in one Bagster and B) the cost savings makes it worth it to have the second if you're going to use two anyway. I had the second one in my car, hadn't set it up, and left my house at 7:30pm. To my shock and surprise the contents of my overfilled Bagster had been removed and thrown onto my yard. You know what was NOT there? The Bagster. Someone stole it. I am not kidding, I could not believe it, the thing had been there for 4 weeks and then suddenly someone took carpet remnants, trash bags, an old sink, broken luggage - all of it - out, and stole the Bagster. Why? I am guessing that they didn't know that it wasn't pre-paid. I am still going to use another one because I don't know what else to do and once there was no container people started stopping in front of my house and ripping open the trash bags to look for "treasure" - which made a horrendous mess. My painters, friends, neighbors, and family are all shocked, and so was the police officer who I reported the incident to. It just made no sense.

Update: I posted the incident to Bagster's facebook page, and they sent me a replacement for the bag that was stolen. This was super nice and of course not something they needed to do.

Deep River Snacks Popcorn Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, 2-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24)
Deep River Snacks Popcorn Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, 2-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24)
Price: $30.72
2 used & new from $23.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, big bags!, July 15, 2014
My husband doesn't like them because they have a sweetness or a sort of odd flavor - I think it's a buttermilk flavor. I like them. The bags are pretty big. We used them in our out of town bags for our wedding. Only problem was that we were shipped a case of 22 instead of 24. Since we needed all 24 to make 24 out of town bags, this was a problem. Amazon sent us another case, but just beware.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5