Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for T. Heppermann > Reviews

Browse

T. Heppermann's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Heppermann RSS Feed

Onkyo TX-NR414 5.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver(Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pool receiver, May 3, 2012
I have this receiver set up to control my pool sound system. I am very pleased with it. The biggest selling point for me was the smart phone remote app. Now I can sit anywhere on my patio and control volume, audio selection, even bass and treble. It's pretty sweet. Internet radio works great. There's a lot of free selections and they are very easy to use. I even like Pandora better with the app, since I don't get all of the pop up advertisements on it like you do with stand alone Pandora. I have this paired up with three Tic GS-3's and the sound is excellent.
The wireless dongle does work well with it for wireless internet, but it doesn't keep a local connection when the receiver is powered off, therefore, you cannot turn the receiver on with your app. So, skip the dongle, and buy a network bridge/booster if you cannot plug this directly into your router. With the bridge, I am able to boost my wireless signal, maintain a much better signal, and turn the receiver on.
All in all, very happy with this purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2012 4:28 PM PDT