Profile for P. Trott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Trott RSS Feed (Coos Bay, OR)

Medialink Wireless-N Broadband Router with Internal Antenna - 2.4GHz - 802.11b/g/n - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux (300 Mbps) [Discontinued Model]
Offered by zhamil
Price: $74.98
22 used & new from $5.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Isn't useful in the kitchen, May 7, 2014
I was looking for something that would do a decent job of slicing bananas. Let me tell you, folks; this isn't it.

Axe-Handler Portable Guitar Stand, Strings In, As Seen In Guitar World Magazine
Axe-Handler Portable Guitar Stand, Strings In, As Seen In Guitar World Magazine
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver, May 30, 2013
I've been using the Axe-Handler for over a year, and it goes everywhere my guitar goes. That's the great thing about it: it fits in your guitar case or gig bag, and you never lack a stand. I like it so much, I bought one for my son, and he agrees that it's a great product. He used it in his dorm room, setting it on the edge of his desk so that his guitar was always in reach. I give it two thumbs up. I'd give it three thumbs up, but I'm a little short-handed.

Becomes the Happy Man
Becomes the Happy Man
by Rick Mallery
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique approach to story-telling., April 6, 2012
This review is from: Becomes the Happy Man (Paperback)
I've often started reading a book, only to get into it a couple of chapters and wonder, "Where is this going? Do I really want to stick around to find out?" This is one of those books. The writer uses a unique story-telling technique, avoiding proper nouns completely, and playing with the English language in an intriguing and fascinating way. But along about page 30, I began to think, "This book has style, but does it have a story?" Well, rest assured, it does. Politics, war, romance, family dynamics; this book deals with them all before it concludes, and it deals with them well. The story becomes deeper, darker, and more complicated as it proceeds, and it is capped off by what was, to me, a surprising ending. I'm glad I kept reading, and I am looking forward to the next book by Rick Mallery.

Epson DURABrite T069520 Ultra 69 Standard-capacity Inkjet Cartridge Color Multipack -Cyan/Magenta/Yellow
Price: Click here to see our price
122 used & new from $27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars High cost for little ink., July 17, 2009
Do yourself a favor, and buy any brand but Epson. The ink seems to dry up in the cartridges in a matter of a few weeks, and on the NX400 you can't print if *any* cartridge is empty, so you have to open a new one even if you don't need that color for the job you're printing. It's an obvious ploy to sell more ink.

Personally, I'll never buy another Epson printer because of the high cost of ink.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2011 3:41 PM PDT

Epson Stylus NX400 All-in-One Printer (C11CA20201)
Epson Stylus NX400 All-in-One Printer (C11CA20201)
Offered by I-sell
Price: $259.99
12 used & new from $67.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Expensive to Own, July 17, 2009
I should have done my research first. This printer will not print if any one of the cartridges runs out of ink. This means that if you want to print a page of black text, and the magenta cartridge is dry, you cannot print the text. If you don't have a magenta cartridge available, too bad for you. I had an HP printer before, and it allowed you to print with whatever cartridges were available, no problem. But the biggest reason I would never buy this printer again is that the cartridges run out of ink very quickly, and are very expensive to replace. The machine is too noisy, and the setup procedures are non-intuitive, but I can live with that.

My recommendation is that you avoid this printer for home use, unless you have a fat wallet and a high tolerance for frustration.

Lady in the Water (Widescreen Edition)
Lady in the Water (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Paul Giamatti
Price: $6.97
238 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and thought provoking., December 18, 2006
My 19 year old son went and saw this movie and came home talking about how great it was. So my wife and 20 year old daughter went, and came home talking about how great it was. My wife insisted on seeing it again, and taking me with her. I'm glad I went. It is a fun, humorous, and very thought-provoking movie. Although I would agree that M. Night Shyamalan is a much better writer and director than he is an actor, I'd put this movie in my top 10 list of fantasy movies, noting that it is deeper (no pun intended) than most films in the genre. Suspend your disbelief, ignore the critics, and enjoy it. Thank you, Mr. Shyamalan, for another great movie experience.

The Marx Brothers Collection (A Night at The Opera/A Day at The Races/A Night in Casablanca/Room Service/At the Circus/Go West/The Big Store)
DVD ~ Marx Brothers
Offered by TheMovieMarket
Price: $15.01
23 used & new from $11.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Generation Hooked!, May 17, 2004
I pre-ordered this set as soon as I heard it was going to be coming out. My three teenagers unanimously approve. We've only had the DVDs for a week, and my youngest has watched them all three or four times. It's almost as fun hearing the kids laugh at the Brother's antics as it is to see the movies again. The DVDs are excellently put together, with fine sound and video. The wonderful and bounteous extras are icing on the cake. For $42.00 dollars, this set has to be the steal of all time. Now, if they'll just package the other six Marx Bros. movies the same way, for a similar price...