Profile for Discriminating shopper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Discriminating shopper RSS Feed (West Coast)

D-Link Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Powered Hub (DUB-H7)
D-Link Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Powered Hub (DUB-H7)
Price: Click here to see our price
69 used & new from $14.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not function as a powered hub, November 29, 2006
I purchased this hub because it appeared to provide powered ports which I required to avoid the low power warning I would get when plugging a Verbatim 2Gb flash drive, and a Sandisk multicard reader into the unpowered keyboard port on my iMac running Panther (they ran fine when plugged into the mac's rear powered ports.) I needed the extra capacity to accommodate a printer and scanner as well as the flash drive and card reader. Unfortunately, in spite of having a power supply, neither the flash drive nor the card reader would work when plugged into the D-link hub, both giving the low power warning . There are numerous other complaints of this exact problem with this product. I suggest you shop for a different product.

Additionally, on two calls to the D-link tech support, I was disconnected in the middle of the call after providing the "tech" with copious amounts of tracking data, but having no opportunity to state my problem. With support this bad, I would not consider any D-link product in the future.