Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Michael Jones > Reviews

Browse

Michael Jones' Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Jones RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DreamSpa® All Chrome 3 way LED Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo with Air Turbo Technology by Top Brand Manufacturer! Color of LED lights changes automatically according to water temperature
Offered by Interlink Products
Price: $99.99
8 used & new from $42.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., February 25, 2015
I was pretty surprised at how well this works. I expected a gimmicky piece of junk, but it works exactly how it should.

I took off one star because nearly every part is chromed plastic, and I am suspect at how long it may last. The bottom head also has a humming/whistling sound due to the turbine that powers the LED. It's not horrible, but it is noticeable.

The top head does not have this problem. Installation was a snap and there were no leaks at all, from any of the joints.

Magnaflow 35138 Stainless Steel 3" Exhaust Tip
Magnaflow 35138 Stainless Steel 3" Exhaust Tip
Price: $41.89
74 used & new from $41.89

4.0 out of 5 stars look ok. hurt like hell., January 4, 2015
They work fine for what they are supposed to do, but I now wish I had gone with a rolled tip, as these just look too skinny. Warning: these things are SHARP! I brushed my hand across one and split my hand open, requiring 4 stitches.

2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala Duraflex Skyline Kit - Includes Skyline Front Bumper (100007), Skyline Rear Lip (100008), and Skyline Sideskirts (100009). - Duraflex Body Kits
Offered by Concept Racing
Price: $516.00
6 used & new from $457.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs reinforement, January 4, 2015
While there is certainly plenty of "flex" in this kit, the pats a bit thin and not very solid. I bought this kit years ago and have since become a master craftsman in the art of fiberglass repair. I have completely rebuilt the lower part of the bumper 5 times now, as it it does not take much to crack, break, or entirely destroy this kit. I have been holding off on getting a paint job for a few years now as I rebuild my front bumper once or twice per year. I have plans to reinforce it with carbon fiber, but it's a bit cost-prohibitive at the moment.
The wire mesh included in the kit is also very cheap. It oxidizes, or discolors, pretty quickly. I replaced mine with chrome plated steel after the first year.

The rear lip is the biggest problem. The stock bumper on my 2000 impala contracts at a MUCH higher rate than the lip, thus when I first installed in in the summer, come winter it would just fall onto my muffler tips due to not contracting along with my bumper. The next year, I re-installed them in the winter, but had the opposite problem in the summer. The bumper expanded, cracking the lip at the screw holes. It took three years, but I timed the installation when the temp outside was around 55 degrees. So far, this has been ok. I will probably fiberglass the lip onto the bumper this year.

The side skirts did not fit at all. Many hours with an angle grinder and sander were requited to get them installed properly. They also do not have the stock-style clip hols.

Dried Whole Ghost Chile (Bhut Jolokia) 18.16 Gram (15-20 Pods)
Dried Whole Ghost Chile (Bhut Jolokia) 18.16 Gram (15-20 Pods)
Offered by TastePadThai
Price: $5.45
4 used & new from $0.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good. Some bad., January 4, 2015
Had a lot of fun giving these to friends to try, or making bets. The only problem is that you sometimes get a dud.
DO NOT LEAVE OUT AROUND CHILDREN! Trust me.

Funtasma by Pleaser Women's Retro-300 Boot,Black Stretch Patent,8 M
Funtasma by Pleaser Women's Retro-300 Boot,Black Stretch Patent,8 M
Price: $38.95
18 used & new from $38.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I hate myself now., December 30, 2014
Bought these for an 11 year old (don't judge) and she loves them. She's skinny as a twig, but we managed to get a size that fit comfortable around the calf while being just a bit big in the toe (just as any shoe should be for a kid).

Now I feel awful for having bought these for a child. Thanks, Amazon. I'm only a step-parent. does that count for anything? She already had some similar, but they were falling apart. That should be something! I just created a stripper, didn't I? You're welcome, next generation losers. :(

Fretless Finger Guide for Full (4/4) Size Violin
Fretless Finger Guide for Full (4/4) Size Violin
Offered by Fretless Finger Guides
Price: $10.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat., December 30, 2014
Sometimes I open the case to the violin that I bought for my girlfriend and pretend she actually plays it. She used to complain it was uncomfortable so I bought a nice shoulder rest. Then she complained she didn't know the keys, so I bought her this. Now she just pretends it doesn't exist.
I applied this "sticker" (it easily comes right off), tuned the violin and used my tuner to make sure that the dots were, indeed, on the right notes. They were. As far as I can tell, anyway. I play the thing about as much as my girlfriend.

Edit: I forgot to be serious for second. If you are a "newb", tone-deaf, or just really want some help learning to play the violin (you need help, don't listen to anyone else that tells you differently), then this is a MUST HAVE. Buy this thing right now because you know what? There are no freaking frets on a violin! None! Is that a C# you are playing? Doubt it. Sounds like an A flat. Who knows? Well YOU can know, when you buy this amazing "sticker" (it comes off easily) and touch the colored buttons! go ahead and test it, I'll wait.

Right?

Now you know that you've doing it wrong. That's why Twinkle little star sounded more like Violin Concerto in d minor, by Jean Sibelius. I won't hold it against you. You just didn't have the right tools for the job. Once you order this bad-boy, you will be ten steps closer.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 9:17 PM PST

Permatex 27828 Body Shop Heavy Duty Headliner and Carpet Adhesive, 16.75 oz Aerosol Can
Price: $18.98
18 used & new from $10.45

4.0 out of 5 stars good for some uses?, December 30, 2014
This worked perfectly for re-upholstering my girlfriends car doors, but for some reason it absolutely refused to hold up my new headliner. It could be the weight of the material, or the fact that I did it in the heat of the summer, but after 1.5 years, the doors of my GF's car look great, and my headliner is still sagging like and old man's.... temperament. I recently did my back seat and used this in conjunction with velcro (as per manu. spec.) and it is holding up fine so far, we'll see how long it lasts.

Officially Licensed Hello Kitty Enamel Key Chain
Officially Licensed Hello Kitty Enamel Key Chain
Price: $4.99
32 used & new from $0.40

3.0 out of 5 stars meh., December 30, 2014
The pink in the heart started chipping away after only a few weeks. I tried filling it in with cake icing, but that, too, came off after lickiing it for a few minutes.

Stylus Pen, New Trent Arcadia (2PCS) Clickpen Stylus/Styli with [Micro-Knit Tip] [Retractable] for All Capacitive Touchscreen Smartphones and Tablets. [TwinPack: Black + White]
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $10.95
2 used & new from $10.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit or miss., December 30, 2014
Pro: Works fine on my Nexus 10.

Con: Works horribly on my Dell 11.

I'm not sure why, but these work much better on my tablet than on my laptop. On the lappy, it skips a beat or doesn't register clicks. It could be my screen, but I can use my finger perfectly every time.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Standard Battery - Non-Retail Packaging - Blue
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Standard Battery - Non-Retail Packaging - Blue
Offered by BuyCellular
Price: $6.95
8 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Accept no substitution., December 30, 2014
Works exactly as it should at a decent price. NFC works. Battery works. It charges, it discharges. battery!

Definitely worth getting over the knock, non-NFC brands. This battery outlasts them by a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4