Profile for Steelermaven > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steelermaven RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Fallen Angel: A Novel (Gabriel Allon Book 12)
The Fallen Angel: A Novel (Gabriel Allon Book 12)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Read, December 9, 2014
Very much liked reading this. I like Daniel Silva. The combination of antiques, terrorists and the Vatican made for really enjoyable story line that could be as much non fiction as fiction.

Winter Garden
Winter Garden
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but not Great, November 13, 2014
This review is from: Winter Garden (Kindle Edition)
Interesting story line and the author is a good fiction writer. . There were points , though, where I felt the author repeated concepts using different words to fill up the book. I learned some history, I enjoyed the characters and I'm glad I read it but I wouldn't classify as great fiction

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, November 1, 2014
Nicely written, interesting characters and I liked reading a book not set in USA as a change. The 'secret' can be guessed before the end but not the final ending- which I enjoyed. I also like that I developed both positive and negative feelings about the characters which, for me, signifies a job well done by the author.

The Invention of Wings: A Novel (Original Publisher's Edition-No Annotations)
The Invention of Wings: A Novel (Original Publisher's Edition-No Annotations)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, October 1, 2014
One of the best books I have read recently. Can't say enough good things about it. Very informative approach to the issue of slavery. Having Handful speak in her own voice and then Sarah in hers gave perspectives I think most of us hadn't considered. I knew the Quakers had been involved in the abolishinist movement but not any of the details-- like to learn something when I read and feel this book does this on so many levels.

Anker® 24W Dual-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ technology and Apple MFi Certified 3ft (0.9m) Lightning™ to USB Cable for iPhone 6 Plus 5s 5c 5; iPad Air mini mini2; iPod nano and More
Offered by AnkerDirect
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Anker Winner, September 26, 2014
I am very pleased with all the products from Anker. This iPhone car charger works well and is a good value.

2 Pk Memorex CD DVD File-n-Store Drawer Holder 160 Discs Storage w Sleeves Purple
Offered by MegaDiscStore
Price: $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Flimsy, August 28, 2014
I needed more storage boxes for my photo CD's . There are 2 boxes per order so the price is good. I found them to be less sturdy than the ones I have from a few years ago so, though I am keeping them, will continue to search .

Professional LCD Screen Protector for SONY Cyber-Shot DSC-RX1 DSC-RX1R DSC-RX100 DSC-RX100 II Cameras (PCK-LM15 Replacement) + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
Price: $5.97
3 used & new from $5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars This screen protector is excellent and easy to apply, August 27, 2014
When you spend money on an expensive piece of electronic equipment you should go the extra step to protect it. This screen protector is excellent and easy to apply. The rice is also great - highly recommend it.

iPad Air Screen Protector, amFilm® Screen Protector for Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 5 and iPad 6 Premium HD Clear (Invisible) with Lifetime Warranty (2-Pack) [in Retail Packaging]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $12.95
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, August 22, 2014
I purchased this to put on a new generation IPad. I think it important to protect the screen and this was perfect for the job. Easy to apply ( the company sent me an email with a link to a You Tube 'how to video'.) Price is also right.

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Dan Brown is a good writer and his novels have well crafted plots, August 18, 2014
Dan Brown is a good writer and his novels have well crafted plots. Found this book both entertaining and informative. Have been to Florence and Venice and his descriptions brought back many wonderful memories. The last few pages were where the story seemed to fizzle. I do not believe every character needs to be 'redeemed' and that is what the author did. entertaining read.

Mind's Eye
Mind's Eye
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Thin a Story Line, August 1, 2014
This review is from: Mind's Eye (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy science fiction and the story line was there but the writing was a bit 'thin' . I also think it was very predictable
And that there was not much depth to the characters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7