Profile for jmonty > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jmonty "tech junkie" RSS Feed (Petaluma, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nite Ize Connect Case for iPhone 6 Plus - Retail Packaging - Black
Nite Ize Connect Case for iPhone 6 Plus - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $25.65
5 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Solves problems without adding them, March 27, 2015
I haven't had this case for long but I'm loving it so far. I've had Niteize Connect Cases for the iPhone 4s and 5s in the past. Here are the best features of this case:
1) It's fairly thin but still offers good protection. Great tradeoff between protection and bulkiness.
2) It's easy to take off and put on.
3) The clip allows you to pocket your phone without having it slide all of the way down into the bottom of your pocket. Helps avoid the "plank walk".
4) Helps quite a bit with one-handed operation. Instead of having to grasp the phone all the way around the back, you can just grab the far side of the hook in the back. This frees up more of your hand for one-handed operation.
5) The case just barely protrudes past the front of the glass, allowing you to put the phone down on its face without the glass touching. That distance is just a playing card deep (or maybe less) -- not much but it's enough.
Ok - one potential "negative" for some -- the clip does not have holes at the top so you cannot add a Niteize s-clip to this case. I think I'm not going to miss it much so I am not taking off a star for that.

Copco 16-Ounce Capacity Acadia Reusable To Go Mug, Tan
Copco 16-Ounce Capacity Acadia Reusable To Go Mug, Tan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except for placement of the vent hole, September 1, 2014
This is great except I don't like that the air hole is in the middle of the lid. When I drink my nose comes in contact with that hole which prevents it from allowing air in. Seems like the hole would have been off-center instead!

Rubbermaid Commercial 1867535 Executive Series Heavy-Duty 2-Shelf Utility Cart with Quiet Casters
Price: $184.68
2 used & new from $184.68

4.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Cart, September 1, 2014
A great cart but there's two things I would like to see changed. I wish all of the wheels swiveled (instead of just two wheels). I also wish it was put together with bolts instead of screws. Something about driving a screw into plastic never seems right to me -- I'm worried that I'll strip the plastic when putting it together or, even if that goes ok, it seems like it will eventually rip through (and would then be hard to fix.) But as long as this doesn't happen I think this cart is quite nice!

Split Screen: A Love Story
Split Screen: A Love Story
by Jaymz Bernard
Price: $15.29
3 used & new from $15.29

5.0 out of 5 stars An Endearing Love Story, September 1, 2014
It really doesn't get better than this. I found myself unable to put this book down until I finished it. The drawing is beautiful and brings extra depth to the text. The ending is satisfying and includes a nice epilogue. If you like a romantic story then you won't be disappointed.

Shadows in Flight (The Shadow Series)
Shadows in Flight (The Shadow Series)
by Orson Scott Card
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
78 used & new from $2.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Unworthy of the Bean series; seems rushed and incomplete., August 1, 2014
I'm really disappointed with this book. It seems like OSC simply didn't spend enough time fleshing out the whole thing.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I especially can't understand how the drones could have communicated with Bean but the topic of the living hive queen never came up. When the drones communicated with "little" Ender (Bean's son) they showed him an image of "big" Ender several times, basically asking where the hive queen entrusted to him was. This means the drones knew what "big" Ender looked like. But later, when Bean was communicating with the drones he supposedly had his mind completely open to them, but the drones somehow never noticed any images of "big" Ender in Bean's memory. Since Ender was a big part of Bean's life it seems unlikely that images of Ender would never come up. Assuming they did, wouldn't the drones have immediately demanded to know more, especially since Bean believed that Ender was still alive and could be contacted? This seems like a big plot mistake.

Belkin MiXiT Tangle-Free Aux / Auxiliary Cable, 3 Feet (Green)
Belkin MiXiT Tangle-Free Aux / Auxiliary Cable, 3 Feet (Green)
Price: $10.09
18 used & new from $3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but never looks good, February 28, 2014
I've owned and used this cable for several months now and it still has the kinks in it that it started with (from being wound up while in the package). I never wind up the cable; it's always left loose. I've even tried to smooth out the cable manually but it doesn't make much of a difference. So don't expect this to look nice and smooth. However it does work perfectly well! I suppose some might say it's silly to want the table to look good, but when you purchase a cable that is a bright color then you pretty much want it to look good and be noticed. I'm using this cable to connect from my headphones down to my player so it's out there for everyone to see -- it's not tucked out of sight. So I wish it looked a bit nicer.

Command Forever Classic Medium Metal Hook, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Command Forever Classic Medium Metal Hook, Oil Rubbed Bronze
Price: $8.78
28 used & new from $3.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but breaks, January 3, 2014
I've had two of these break now. The metal part is fine, but the plastic part in the back is too fragile and breaks over time. I don't believe that I'm putting anything too heavy on it.

simplehuman In-Cabinet Trash Can, Heavy-Duty Steel Frame, 10-L / 2.6-Gal
simplehuman In-Cabinet Trash Can, Heavy-Duty Steel Frame, 10-L / 2.6-Gal
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but smaller than I wish it was, December 15, 2013
For some reason it's hard to find a good garbage can to place inside a kitchen cabinet under the sink. That's where I installed mine, and while I wish it was bigger (to hold more) it does the job in all other ways.

Nite Ize Connect Innovative Plastic Case ( Transculent ) w/ Connect-clip for Apple iPhone 5 (Purple)
Offered by OrionDeals
Price: $25.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but hard to open, December 15, 2013
I really like everything about this case except for when I want to remove my iPhone from it. It's simply too hard to slide the clip down so that you can open it. But everything else is great about this case, which is why I bought this for my 5s after having enjoyed the same case for a few years with my 4s.

Da Vinci Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup, 750 ml
Da Vinci Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup, 750 ml
Offered by Charlie Bean Company
Price: $15.95
4 used & new from $8.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland flavor, December 15, 2013
This is a disappointing flavor from Da Vinci. The Pumpkin Pie flavor is far, far too subtle, and if you try to put in more syrup (so that you can taste it) you'll just end up with a drink that is too sweet and still only has but a hint of pumpkin pie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4