Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for K. English > Reviews

Browse

K. English's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. English RSS Feed (United States)

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rear Cargo Mat Tray With Floor Mounted Sub Cutout
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rear Cargo Mat Tray With Floor Mounted Sub Cutout
Offered by BAM Wholesale Parts
Price: $78.80
15 used & new from $73.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my 2-door 2016 JK perfectly, July 19, 2016
Fits perfectly in the back of my 2016 2-door Wrangler Sport JK with the back seat removed. The top (closest to the front seats) holes don't line up with anything since it's manufactured specifically with the 4-door Unlimited in mind, but otherwise it works as if made for my Jeep. Heavy duty rubber material stays put and is super-easy to clean. Very satisfied.

Optoma GT1080 1080p 3D DLP Gaming Projector
Optoma GT1080 1080p 3D DLP Gaming Projector
Price: Click here to see our price
119 used & new from $539.20

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, this is a spectacular bargain, July 19, 2016
This is my first projector (coming from a 10-year-old 61' Sony Wega HD back-projection TV), so take that into account but: For the price this is a spectacular bargain -- Great picture, very quiet, super light and compact. Only docked it one star because, yes, I do see the dreaded "rainbow effect" from time to time. Having said that, it's so infrequent that it really doesn't bother me at all. More sensitive viewers should take note however and proceed accordingly. But, again, for around $700 that's a microscopic price to pay for what you DO get here (in my opinion). I am very, very happy with it and it looks fantastic on the 120' Silver Ticket screen I purchased at the same time. Bottom line: If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong here.

STR-169120-G Silver Ticket 120" Diagonal 16:9 4K Ultra HD Ready HDTV (6 Piece Fixed Frame) Projector Screen Grey Material
Offered by silverticketproducts
Price: $299.98
2 used & new from $269.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is amazing!, July 19, 2016
I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon but I don't write a lot of reviews. This time I couldn't resist -- This screen is AMAZING. Easy to put together (took about 30 minutes) and even managed to hang it on my own. So much better than a roll-down screen: The rod-and-lock-grommet system Silver Ticket came up with is ingenious -- keeps the screen stretched tight and flat like a drum with not a wrinkle, fold or other blemish in sight. I couldn't be happier!

i-Blason Shock Reduction TPU Core Case with Built-in Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - White
Price: $18.98
4 used & new from $16.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case -- A Nice Surprise, October 24, 2014
I am pleasantly surprised by how good this case is. I was going on an extended business trip after getting my new iPhone 6+ and needed a case fast, so I bit for the Armorbox since it was cheap and I assumed it would do the trick until Otterbox released the new Defender cases. Well, after a couple of weeks of use, you know what? I might just skip the Otterbox this time. i-Blason has created a really nice alternative and I'm more than happy with it. The way it fits together is different from the OB Defender but it's still incredibly sturdy and I actually prefer the non-grabby, stiffer rubber used around the edges. Yes, it takes some doing getting the thing together, but there's also pretty much no chance that it will accidentally come apart on you -- nice and snug, just the way it should be. Only negative is (as others have mentioned) the screen protector. It's okay, but isn't as high-quality as what Otterbox provides. Then again, I could care less about screen protection since I'm very careful and have never managed to scratch or damage the screen of any phone I've ever had. I might actually remove it later, but YMMV.

Overall: Thumbs up -- an excellent case and a fantastic value considering the price compared to Otterbox. I would definitely try other i-Blason products.

Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Saddle Tan (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)
Amazon Kindle Touch Leather Cover, Saddle Tan (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)
2 used & new from $21.17

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but way overpriced, November 18, 2011
I don't want to get too negative on this, because it does what it's supposed to. However, I'm not sure how Amazon justifies charging $40! Half that and I'd feel a lot less disappointed. It's nothing like the last generation cover, which was hefty and substantial. That thing could take a beating! This one? Umm...not so much.

PROS:

- I really like the solution Amazon came up with to lock the Kindle in place; sort of a rubberized cup that grips it on all four sides and holds it VERY securely. No more metal-prong slide-release gizmo.
- It looks quite nice and is genuine (if untextured) leather like the last one.

CONS:

- Flimsy. The leather is extremely thin and unpadded. Won't stand up to much abuse. scrape it even lightly on a rough surface and you'll likely ruin it.
- The actual cover that folds over the front is incredibly floppy and delicate -- it's about the thickness of a piece of notepad cardboard. I could bend it in half with almost no effort, if I had the notion.
- Cover has no lock/closure mechanism (like the elastic strap on the last gen model). It should have SOMETHING.

Oh, well. It is what it is. I never read with the Kindle in the case anyway so it's not such a big deal to me, but I was expecting more. Especially for this price!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2011 10:32 PM PST

Kindle Touch 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
6 used & new from $43.04

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent upgade, November 18, 2011
I've owned a Kindle 2 and a Kindle 3 (sorry: Kindle Keyboard) but this is, by far, the best yet. I cannot stress enough how much of a difference the touchscreen makes. Navigation is so much easier when you don't have to rely on a microscopic keyboard and hat-switch cursor control.

PROS:

- Nice, responsive touchscreen. Not lightning-quick but still quite good.
- The same great contrast and readability as Kindle 3.
- On-screen keyboard is great and, for me, much easier and quicker to use than the old physical keypad.
- The new, smaller size and lack of physical paging buttons makes it perfect for one-handed reading. Fits comfortably right in the palm of my hand so I don't have to pinch-grip it along the side bezel anymore (though you can still do that, if that's your thing).
- X-Ray is pretty cool. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it's actually quite useful.
- Physical build seems much more sturdy/substantial than the Kindle 3, which always struck me as being rather cheap and 'plasticy'.

CONS:

- Building collections is still a Pain. In. The. Ass. When you have a lot of ebooks this is still an unbelievable time-sink. There must be a better way.
- No landscape mode. Not a big deal to me, but some people may be turned off.
- PDF capability is still wanting. But then, really, if you know anything about PDF format you won't be expecting an e-reader to do the job anyway.

HEAD-SCRATCHERS (not new to this Kindle):

- Text-to-Speech: Does anyone actually use this? As a novelty it's interesting for 10 or 15 seconds. After that it's just odd and creepy. It's like listening to the dwarf from Twin Peaks read to you <shudder>. If I want to listen to an audiobook, I'll go get a real audiobook read by an actual human.
- "Experimental" web-browser: Again, who uses this crippled, half-wit, red-headed stepchild of an internet browser? It's almost completely useless. I mean, why bother?

Anyway, I'm happy with it. Well worth the cost to upgrade.