Profile for MonkezUncle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 91

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MonkezUncle "A banana a day keeps the doctor away..." RSS Feed (There)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Latex Tubing, ¼" I.D., 1/32" O.D., 5/16" WALL, 50 ft
Latex Tubing, ¼" I.D., 1/32" O.D., 5/16" WALL, 50 ft
Offered by Corydor
Price: $18.99
12 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slingshots!, December 15, 2014
Works for Slimgshots!

Face it, you know that there is nothing "surgical" that you are using this for... you're going to build a sling shot. :)

For that purpose, we used it for our Trail Life Troop. It was good, durable, cheap and gave that nice snap that makes the rocks fly.

It looses one star for two reasons, first, it is very "slick" so it required a bit more securing to the wood then other tubing I have used (there is 0 "tackiness" so it slid right out of the binding). Also, when pulled back to pull tension, there seemed to be a point at which you could keep pulling back but would not get any more power out of the tubing.

But if you have a bunch of 6-12 yearolds and some Y shaped branches... this is what you want to order. Have fun! :)

Medicine Dropper Eye/Ear Flent 2
Medicine Dropper Eye/Ear Flent 2
Offered by Rock Ridge Sales, Inc
Price: $4.51
12 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Glass part is good, the black part is junk., December 15, 2014
I was disappointed in the quality of the rubber "dropper" part. It is a cheap almost "tire-like" rubber and melts near instantly. We wanted to sanitize these in boiling water but were unable to do so due to the construction of the black part. Not to mention they smelled kind of funny. Past droppers could be dunked into the boiling water without an issue.

In the end we discarded the black tops and just used our finger over the opening to regulate the flow.

As to the actual glass part, it worked fine, the glass seemed a bit thinner then what I am used to but it got the job done.

Curing Pills (Kang Ning Wan), 30 ct, Plum Flower
Curing Pills (Kang Ning Wan), 30 ct, Plum Flower
Offered by Bluesky999
Price: $13.99
4 used & new from $9.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I found these little lifesavers!, December 15, 2014
These things rock... I know that they are billed as a "cure all" but I can only speak to their calming properties for a severely upset stomach. I was doing a new cleanse that left me with severe intestinal issues for almost a month. I'll spare everyone the details but let's just say that there are a few bathroom stalls that needed to be burned to the ground after I visited them. Tried a bunch of different solutions w/o success. 72 hours on these little guys and I was almost back to normal. They were a lifesaver.

I have since given them to others who have a "normal" upset stomach and all of them have reported quick and lasting relief.

Champion Women's Powertrain Pant, Black/Medium Gray, Small
Champion Women's Powertrain Pant, Black/Medium Gray, Small

2.0 out of 5 stars Large = Gigantic, December 15, 2014
These things are HUGE! Ordered my wife a large because she dislikes her workout clothes being too tight. So, she usually wears a large. These things were so huge she could have fit inside them... twice.

They were definitely cute. Seemed like good material and well made. I was disappointed that the seller did not provide return shipping or the ability to do exchanges. So, as with most things... buyer beware.

Not to be unkind by any means but I would echo the other review that said these are good for people with wide hips.

Wolfram|Alpha
Wolfram|Alpha
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Super cool but limited, November 4, 2014
This review is from: Wolfram|Alpha (App)
Without question, this is one of the coolest little apps ever! It does math like a nerdy little kid and also many fairly unique things like other reviewers have mentioned, for example tell you what flights are directly over your head or the distance to the Sun. But I found is that most of the information it pulls is mathematically gleaned. For example if you type in name and it will tell you what it means, but it will also tell you the frequency of use, how popular it is, all of the mathematical data for it. If you asked for anything complex verbally, like "how to pick your nose", how to shoot a gun or something like that it gets completely confused and instead of trying to access the information, keys in on a single word of the phrase. It also is unable to offer different options, for example if you search for something in a particular spelling and it doesn't like your spelling it will correct you and not give you a chance to search for what you're looking for. I do like however is that it basically offers a person place or thing type of filtering so that words like grant, which could be a personal name or could be something a not profit gets can be filtered differently.

All in all a super cool app, but not nearly a Star Trek computer. :)

Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible's View of Women
Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible's View of Women
by Sarah Bessey
Price: $13.49
74 used & new from $5.65

1.0 out of 5 stars The first 2 paragraphs tell you all you need to know about how wrong this author is..., October 15, 2014
You lost me within the first 2 paragraphs.

"Let's put down our... Bible verses... go out into the sand... drink some red wine". Really, that's how we get clarity on Biblical matters nowadays? Anyone who starts their "quest for truth" like that is dangerous and misguided.

The stories are entertaining, the personal perspective enlightening but there is one glaring problem, whenever your try to "put down your Bible" it usually means you don't like what the Bible says and your trying to get around it.

In this case, the role of men and women, the relationship of women to men, the hierarchy from Christ to Men to Women is clearly established in Scripture (Read Gen 1:27, 1 Tim 2:14, 1 Cor 11:3). These are settled facts, laid down in plain language not subject to re-interpenetration.

I know, I know, so many of you *wish* it were different. But it's not. I so *wish* I could fly, but alas God did not see fit to grant man wings. It is what it is and the only thing you do when you fight God's established order is wind up fighting against God. Hardly the place any genuine Christ-follower wants to be.

Now, let me address something I have not seen in any of the reviews. The fact that this book even has the word "Feminist" in it should show how misguided this author is. Feminism has wrought more evil and promoted more evil then just about any other group. The feminist notion of rejecting kids, rejecting male authority, rejecting family structure has almost single handed destroyed the American Family. Ideas of sexual freedom, fungible morals and abortion-as-a-right has wrecked generations of women (I know, as a pastor I have done some of the counseling with these women who, now in their 30-60s realize how destructive their early years were). Seeing what Feminism has done to the fabric of America how dare we even think to invite into the church, let alone champion it!

This is one of the many times I wish could give negative stars. Author, I hear where you're coming from but I am sorry to say you are greatly mistaken.

A far more detailed review can be found in the 1 star review left by Steve Richardson (below) who does a nice job of responding to specific points of this book.

NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL
NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL
Offered by HPP Enterprises
Price: $68.32
18 used & new from $65.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs better QA, October 3, 2014
One of the absolute biggest pieces of junk I have ever laid hands on.

Ok, let me qulify that. The intent (what they were trying to achive with this case) was really cool, and it almost worked. But the craftmasnship was beyond poor.

The little brackets that hold the front cover on are so flimsy that 2 cracked within 90 secs. The MOBO holes were just barely drilled off center so I really had to fight to get the board on.

The drive bays and the docking clamps were great and very well thought out.

But what sent me over the edge was that the whoever soldered the wires to the power switch did it wrong. So after 2 hours of desperately trying to fit the jumpers on the MOBO in every possible configuration it finally dawned on me to check the wires by jumping the MOBO with a screwdriver. Viola, it worked. So one stupid soldering job costs me 3 hours of my life. Double grrrrrr.

ADATA USA Premier Pro SP600 2.5-Inch 64 GB SATA III Synchronous NAND SSD ASP600S3-64GM-C
Price: $49.29
10 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great drive, ok case., October 1, 2014
The drive itself is a little workhorse. Fast, silent (obviously) and did I mention fast?

It come with a little blue "sled" to fit it into and all of the hardware to mount it.

However, my issue (and hence the one star off) is that the "sled" is not a standard size. It does not fit in any of my drive bays. So, I had to mount it with sticky tape down to the wall of the case. Not my preferred option from a cable control standpoint.

But as a drive this thing rocks!

Intex 1000-Gallon Filter Pump AC 110 to 120-Volt
Intex 1000-Gallon Filter Pump AC 110 to 120-Volt
Price: $42.99
29 used & new from $15.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as previous model, October 1, 2014
Having had one of these in the past I was extremely disappointed by this model. First, they have changed the sizes of the connectors so this is NOT COMPATIBLE with previous years pools. We tried to plug this into a 2013 pool and it did not fit.

Second, the flow is anemic and the couplings have a tendency to leak. Added to that, I walked outside the other day and found that the hose had completely detached (even though I had it tightened down all the way) and I now need to refill half my pool.

Intex typically makes great filers so I am not sure what happened here but it is a design issue for sure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2014 5:01 AM PDT

Intel Core i5-4570 Processor Bundle
Intel Core i5-4570 Processor Bundle

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, July 15, 2014
Read the description! Despite the picture showing a case, HD, PSU, Ram and Fans you DO NOT GET THIS.

Per the description it says you only get the MOBO and Chipset. Head's up