Profile for Bob Jones > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob Jones RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Franchise MBA: Mastering the 4 Essential Steps to Owning a Franchise
The Franchise MBA: Mastering the 4 Essential Steps to Owning a Franchise
by Nick Neonakis
Price: $16.95
8 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is great but what's outstanding is spending some time with the ..., August 19, 2014
The book is great but what's outstanding is spending some time with the author for FREE at the thefranchisemba.com Nick is the best franchise consultant out there and I've worked with a few. He spends time to listen to you and really get to know you. With his MBA and franchise and business expertise, he will help you craft a winning strategy to corner your market based on your unique skills and experiences.

Music Download
Music Download

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 3, 2014
This review is from: Music Download (App)
I love this app. Downloads my favorite songs from youtube so I can listen offline while coding or doing mindless chores. I only wish it could allow multiple downloads at the same time.

DVORAK SIMPLIFIED KEYBOARD STICKERS WITH RED LETTERING ON TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND
Offered by STICKERS 4KEYBOARD
Price: $2.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels uncomfortable, February 22, 2014
Bought these to try out Dvorak. Then discovered, I hated the steep learning curve of Dvorak and its placement and am now fully and happily on Colemak. So, I ripped these off my keyboard. Theoretically, I could place them on my keyboard in the Colemak layout, but I don't like the feel of these stickers. They feel uncomfortable to type on and seem to get slippery with the hand lotion that I have applied abundantly during this cold, dry weather. I'm a touch typer anyway so shouldn't be looking down at the keys anyway even when learning a new layout.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (16GB, White)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (16GB, White)
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $265.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Gets hot and battery drains twice as fast as my IPad Air, February 22, 2014
I bought this Samsung tablet after having tons of fun with it at the popup Samsung Experience store. The staff there were so in love with their Samsung products that I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately it doesn't compare well to my IPad Air. The Samsung's battery will drain twice as quickly and will get noticeably hot. It's also heavier than the Ipad and is less intuitive for me and my son and two toddler nieces. Other than those main pet peeves, the experience is very similar to the IPad. But, I value the things I mention above quite a lot so likely won't buy another Samsung until they fix the above.

Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by ***** END OF SEASON CLEARANCE LIMITED SUPPLIES ******
Price: $290.72
31 used & new from $189.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and great noise-cancelling, February 15, 2014
I've had to use these headphones a lot lately to watch movies without disturbing my family. They're very comfortable for two hour movies and the battery lasts a long time compared to a cheap JVC noise-cancelling set that I used to have. I never thought I would pay $300 for headphones, but these are definitely worth it. The noise-cancelling works well so you protect your hearing because you don't have to turn on the volume that high to hear what's going on. I love these so much that I recommended them to a coworker and he also purchased them and loved them.

American Plastic Toys 18" School Bus
American Plastic Toys 18" School Bus
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My 30 month old son loves this so much he sleeps with it, February 15, 2014
So my 30 month old son loves this so much he sleeps with it. It's lightweight because it's plastic so he brings it with him everywhere. It's almost his comfort toy. It's quite large and safe without any sharp edges or anything that can break off.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these so much I bought three, February 15, 2014
I was first introduced to this headset when Blackberry was all the rage and it was possibly due to this headset. They have lasted many years and play music for me as I code or help me talk on the phone. They fit very well and are very comfortable. I have purchased other headsets and have given them all away as nothing has been as comfortable and affordable. I'm a big fan and have bought three.

Logitech Rechargeable Touchpad T650 with Windows 8 Multi-Touch Navigation - Black
Offered by Zouk
Price: $35.99
45 used & new from $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it for Windows 7, February 15, 2014
I have carpal tunnel syndrome especially on my right hand from using the mouse so much along with my keyboard. I don't mind spending money on expensive ergonomic gear if it works well and keeps me comfortable. This is very difficult to use and isn't comfortable on Windows 7. It might be better on Windows 8 which gives you more gestures but - I returned that horrible OS a year ago so don't know. My main pain point is that I have set my mouse to scroll one window at a time and I have it on a very fast pointer speed so that I don't have to physically move my fingers very far to get where I want to go. This trackpad didn't scroll very well. It either didn't scroll or when it did scroll it would scroll numerous pages when I only wanted one. Also, my hand didn't feel more comfortable with it as opposed to a regular mouse.

It would be great if this touchpad has programmable settings, i.e. a 4 or 5 finger tap means I want to page down. That would solve my problem and gain a star or two on this review. Perhaps I can program it via Autohotkey to do so, but since it already has software, it should be built in especially when it costs $47.-

What I do like is that it holds a charge for a very long time and has a decent physical design. Right now, it is collecting dust.

2013 New York Real Estate Exam Prep Questions and Answers - How to Study and Pass the New York Real Estate License Exam Effortlessly

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and generic info, July 21, 2013
So, the authors just copy and pasted this from their other state exam quiz books. There's nothing really specific about New York State laws. I read the glossary in the beginning and was very bored and didn't read much more. I passed the NY State exam and all I needed was New York Real Estate for Salespersons. I highly recommend the Spada book in the aforementioned link.

3M Adjustable Under-desk CPU Holder, 360 Degree Swivel, 17 in Track, Steel Construction, Fits most CPU's, Black
Price: $74.86
57 used & new from $61.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great underneath adjustable electric desk, July 21, 2013
So, I have a GeekDesk Max and this fits perfectly under the desk so regardless of the height of my desk, the computer is out of the way and rises up and down with the desk. It's very easy to install and holds my computer securely. I love that it swivels and slides back and forth so that it's easy to plug cables in and turn on and off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8