Profile for target lover > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

target lover "mom to be nj" RSS Feed (NJ)

Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-Week Pregnancy Guide
Pregnancy: The Ultimate Week-by-Week Pregnancy Guide
by Laura Riley
170 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for pregnant moms- especially first timers, February 13, 2010
A lot of pregnancy books were recommended to me- this was one of three books I read and by FAR my favorite.

This book is comprehensive, well organized, and very detailed. I would have a symptom or complaint one day and the next morning read about it int he book my coincidence. I was not left wanting for more information in any of my trimesters, the book covers it all, and covers it well.

I also reads What to Expect when You're Expecting- found it to be a very dry read. Dr. Riley's book was a MUCH better read. The book also covers postpartum care- I haven't gotten there yet (I'm due in 4 weeks) but I sure am glad it's in there.

If you are going to read one pregnancy book, read this one.

Mother of the Believers: A Novel of the Birth of Islam
Mother of the Believers: A Novel of the Birth of Islam
by Kamran Pasha
Price: $14.40
126 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the time, February 13, 2010
Not worth the time..I got through about 1/3 of it. Author's writing style is extremely immature and lacking. Islam has no place in this book, it's really a soap opera style book for slow readers.

Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life
Jamie at Home: Cook Your Way to the Good Life
by Jamie Oliver
Price: $24.24
120 used & new from $0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for kitchen library, February 13, 2010
I love this cookbook...true I haven't cooked too many recipes from it (YET) but those I have have been absolutely delicious..and they are so different from most recipes, with minimal ingredients, calling for a few fresh ingredients and really bringing out the best taste and flavor of each and every ingredient. It is organized by season, which is great, so you know when you cook what is in season, then you're going to get the best flavor out of it. The hardcover copy is a beautiful addition to my shelf. Sometimes I pick it up just to read, even when I'm not planning to cook.