Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Gina Clowes > Reviews

Browse

Gina Clowes' Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gina Clowes RSS Feed (www.allergymoms.com)

Percolate: Let Your Best Self Filter Through
Percolate: Let Your Best Self Filter Through
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you happy? Are you living a life that you love?, September 29, 2014
Are you happy? Are you living a life that you love? If not, Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino is your new best friend, and it’s time that you meet! In her own unique and delightful style, Elizabeth shows how to create your best-ever life, no matter what your personal circumstances.

Food Allergies: Traditional Chinese Medicine, Western Science, and the Search for a Cure
by Henry Ehrlich
Price: $15.55
31 used & new from $11.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Chinese Herbs Cure Food Allergies?, March 15, 2014
If you are a parent of a child with food allergies, asthma and/or eczema, you need to know about the amazing work of Dr. Xiu-Min Li. I have interviewed Xiu-Min several times and knew a lot of her history. Still, I learned so much more from Henry’s book. He goes even deeper into the science of the FAHF-2 (food allergy herbal formula) and the dedicated force behind it. What emerges is a clear picture of one of the most brilliant and caring physicians I have ever had the pleasure of knowing - Dr. Xiu-Min Li.

Finding Your Way in a Wild New World: Reclaim Your True Nature to Create the Life You Want
by Martha Beck
96 used & new from $0.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Can You Really Make Money Following Your Bliss?, December 28, 2011
Did you ever hear one of those interviews when someone says "I feel SO lucky because I get up everyday and I get to do what I love and get paid for it!" ?

Finding Your Way in a Wild New World is a guidebook to enable you to do just that!

After serendipitously being introduced to "Expecting Adam" several years ago, I became huge fan of Martha Beck's writing: intelligent and insightful, yet self-deprecating and silly.

You're having so much fun reading that you hardly realize how much you are learning and that she has equipped you with tools that can change your life.

Don't be fooled by the simplicity of some the exercises in the book. Do them and you're on an expedition that will help you dust off your unique talents, combine them with the lessons you've learned in life (aka bumps in the road) and put them to "work" (play!) in a way that no one else can.

The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book: Great Dairy-, Egg-, and Nut-Free Treats for the Whole Family
by Kelly Rudnicki
Price: $14.06
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Knew "Safe" Baking Could Be This Easy?, January 7, 2010
It's always a pleasure to meet someone who loves what they do. After reading Kelly's cookbook and blog, it is obvious that she loves baking for her family. Her passion for baking is contagious!

Best of all, she makes it so easy. Kelly suggests all of her favorite products (which can be found in any grocery store) and then shares her tips for allergy safe ingredients (For example, you can make dairy-free buttermilk with soy/rice milk and vinegar. Who knew?)

From pancakes, to cupcakes, to cookies and more...all free of eggs, dairy and nuts. This cookbook is a must-have for all allergy kitchens!

Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living
by Alisa Marie Fleming
Price: $15.89
62 used & new from $5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes, Resources and Really Useful Tips!, November 30, 2008
This book is a welcome addition to anyone w/milk allergy intolerance, multiple food allergies or vegan. There is a ton of useful information about where to go for additional recipes or resources. Alisa includes lots of safe substitutes. And this book is very different from many other dairy free books because it does not use a soy substitute in every recipe.

There are a lot of yummy and kid friendly recipes and tricks and handy lists for where dairy hides.

If you're new to living without dairy, or if you've been at it for awhile and need a bunch of new and delcious dairy free (and egg free) recipes, get "Go Dairy Free"

Matters of Faith
Matters of Faith
by Kristy Kiernan
Price: $16.33
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars She's right in our shoes!, November 29, 2008
This review is from: Matters of Faith (Paperback)
I whizzed through this book in every spare moment of free time that I had over three days.

I read very little fiction these days, and I found it very refreshing to see food allergies play such an important part of a mainstream book.

I had myself convinced that Kristy Keirnan, the author, had to have a food allergic niece, nephew or good friend who had a child with food allergies. I was amazed when I found out that that was not the case.Kristy did such an incredible job of describing what it's like to live with someone who has life threatening food allergies.

I found myself actually peeking at the end, so concerned with the outcome. But as I got there, I found it very real and satisfying. It could have gone many different ways but I'm glad she chose the ending that she did.

Food Allergies For Dummies
Food Allergies For Dummies
by Joe Kraynak
Price: $15.48
123 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars From someone who "gets it", April 29, 2007
I have been leading an allergy support group,volunteering with non-profit organizations, writing a newsletter and raising a child with food allergies for the past six years, so I really felt like I had seen and read it all. However this book is a most welcome addition to my food allergy collection, in fact, it's on top!

If you are just starting out on this journey, you will have all of your questions answered and answers for those that you dont even know to ask.

If, like me, you've been at this for awhile, you will get more detail, all of the latest research, facts and figures and even some of the rationale behind decisions that our doctors make.

Best of all are the personal stories from Dr Wood. When you hear the stories from someone who has been there, you cant help but finish the book with a sense of hope and confidence.

The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Two Hundred Gourmet & Homestyle Recipes for the Food Allergic Family
by Cybele Pascal
Price: $12.63
135 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Parents of food allergic kids--delicious food for everyone is here!, January 28, 2006
This is my favorite allergy-friendly cook book. There are dozens upon dozens of mouth-watering recipes and I cant wait to try all of them.

Everything that I have tried so far has been delicious and they don't taste like they are "missing" something the way some of these allergy friendly recipes do.
Once I picked this book up, I couldn't put it down.

Bacteria for Breakfast: Probiotics for Good Health
Bacteria for Breakfast: Probiotics for Good Health
by Kelly Dowhower Karpa
Price: $24.30
49 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A health secret you can't afford to miss!, October 1, 2004
My son was diagnosed with severe reflux, eczema and food allergies. I have spent hundreds of hours trying to research probiotics. ALL of this information is contained right inside this powerful book- An absolute wealth of information and leads. One of the most important parts is where the author helps you select a probiotic, since much of what is on the market is worthless, mislabeled or dead bacteria.

I have lent this book out more times than I can count, and I often recommend it. It will save you time and money and it may just save your health.