Profile for sumax > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sumax "sumax" RSS Feed

New Children Educational n Musical laptop
New Children Educational n Musical laptop

1.0 out of 5 stars Costliest piece of crap, July 24, 2009
I wish I had digested the bad reviews and not invested on this costly piece of crap.
I just got blown away for wanting to satisfy my son's craze of laptop's and bought this.
Like in previous reviews, it's too loud, very easily has the potential to pierce a hole in my son's tender ear-drum.
There is only 1 LED on the supposed to be monitor, which I concur with earlier reviews, is only a colorful picture stuck onto a plastic board.
The laptop does not even open more than 90 degrees, considering the fact that this is to be operated by kids, who don't really know that they need to stop opening the laptop, once they hit about 90 degrees.
My son broke it in the first 5 mins, perhaps trying all his might to stop the music, which was blowing away into his ears.

I did not find anything educational in this piece. How can a blinking LED be anything close to educational.

To summarize, if have twenty dollars to throw away, this laptop is still not worth the buy, donate it to some poor kid somewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2009 7:18 PM PST

Norton Ghost 14.0 [OLD VERSION]
Norton Ghost 14.0 [OLD VERSION]
6 used & new from $34.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Symantec is a winner, March 7, 2008
Given the amount of spamming, and garbage filled on the internet, it is very obvious that all the anti-virus, anti-spam, recovery, backup softwares have grown in their disk/memory foot print.
Which software does not have bugs ? It cannot be found on this earth anyways.
Any symantec product is always a best seller, if you look at the price it sells.
If it was as crappy as many people say it is, symantec products would never have sold at the prices they sell at.
I think Norton Ghost is one of the best you can find in today's markets.
I always use Norton products, and this is my latest buy also.

Norton SystemWorks 2008 Basic Edition 11.0
Norton SystemWorks 2008 Basic Edition 11.0
3 used & new from $5.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Norton Product, February 12, 2008
This is one of my favourite Norton products. It is pretty obvious that programs these days are heavily loaded with features.
Which Antivirus product is not. We are heading into an era wherin tehse products are being built assuming you have good enough hardware too.
how can you expect 2008 features with 2002 computer hardware.
So, given a today's copmarison I am very happy with this product.

Peachtree Pro Accounting 2008
Peachtree Pro Accounting 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the best out there, February 2, 2008
Every Product has its own quirks. But Peachtree is the best of its kind out there in the market. There might be some cosmetic shortcomings, but for one who is buying it really to use its core functionality, a few minor one time adjustments is a no effort thing.
Peachtree is the software that sells the most, even at this price. People do not buy it just for the heck of it. It's the core that matters, not the face.

Holmes HM5305-UC Warm Mist Humidifier
Holmes HM5305-UC Warm Mist Humidifier

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps knocking on your head at NIght, November 3, 2006
I bought this piece today. Have not yet seen any of the problems others have mentioned yet.

But I am returning this product tomorrow, reason being, I am somone who looks for peace when I go to sleep.

This horrible piece of a machine contineously makes a noise all night, it is like someone is knocking on your head all night. (Bubble, Bubble) kind of noise.

I cannot lose any more sleep on this.

So bye bye to this piece.

I am sure no sane person with good hearing abilities was to be the target customer when Holmes threw this gadget into the market.