Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Diane > Reviews

Browse

Diane's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Diane RSS Feed (ALEXANDRIA, VA, United States)

Life In The Gumball Machine
Life In The Gumball Machine
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting book, April 5, 2015
I thought that this book was interesting and a nice book. I really enjoyed it. I have nothing bad to say about it. :)

Genie Garage Door Opener Replacement Door Bracket 19792B
Genie Garage Door Opener Replacement Door Bracket 19792B
Offered by 365 Garage Door Parts
Price: $4.86
13 used & new from $1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, December 14, 2014
Flawless transaction. A perfect fit.

A Very Special House
A Very Special House
by Ruth Krauss
27 used & new from $2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I miss this?, February 23, 2014
This review is from: A Very Special House (Hardcover)
Caldecott Honor Book that we picked up at the library. The author also wrote The Carrot Seed, and this book is much different. Single sentences go on for paragraphs -- stream of a 5-year-old consciousness that rings true. Don't worry about the dead mouse -- who cares, really? Why wouldn't a little child take a dead mouse everywheres? Removing limits from our actions is exactly what day-dreaming is about. The author doesn't judge the child, or anything that occurs in the Very Special House. The grammar is wrong, the words are wrong (feetprints) and the actions are wrong (rabbits don't eat doors).

And all is it is wonderful and Nobody ever says stop stop stop.

You will read it again and again, even after your child is asleep. Because we all need to be reminded that its okay to imagine.

The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden
by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Price: $13.73
67 used & new from $0.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures, lovely story, July 27, 2012
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Paperback)
The story is wonderful and the illustrations are timeless. You can really enjoy the words with colorful, detailed pictures.

We read this with my son when he was about 7, and he was enthralled - and identified with both boys in the story. My daughter was about 5 and not very interested. She's now nearly 7 and can't wait to read more by Burnett and look at anything drawn by Moore. We'll be reading this again and again.

For myself, I enjoy the reminder that when we think beautiful thoughts, we leave no room for the dark and depressing. And that we create our own happiness.

uCertify Guide for GIAC Exam GSLC: Pass your GSLC Certification in first attempt
by uCertify Team

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, May 15, 2012
A review book for an open-book test should at least have a good index. Practice test questions were worse than useless, it was misleading.

The Adventures of Odysseus
The Adventures of Odysseus
by Hugh Lupton
46 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Good even for young ones, May 21, 2010
My 6-yo didn't like some of the sadder adventures, but was riveted nonetheless. My 4-yo cried at the reunion of Odysseus and Penelope and then took the book to read to herself in bed. The illustrations are lovely. The language is, at times, graphic, so be warned. For example, Troy's destruction is described as "blood-soaked rubble." At the same time, Odysseus's regret and mourning is described, preventing the horrors from being gratuitous. The story isn't watered down, but is fast-paced and works well even for younger children.