Profile for No Gurus Here > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

No Gurus Here "No Gurus Here" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Winsome Vinny Wine Rack, 24 Bottle with Glass Hanger
Winsome Vinny Wine Rack, 24 Bottle with Glass Hanger
Price: $74.99
27 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, January 22, 2015
Excellent!!

Dallmayr Gourmet Coffee, Prodomo (Ground), 8.8-Ounce Vacuum Packs (Pack of 3)
Dallmayr Gourmet Coffee, Prodomo (Ground), 8.8-Ounce Vacuum Packs (Pack of 3)
Offered by World Wide Chocolate

Dallmayr Classic Ground Coffee 4 Packs 8.8oz/250g Each
Dallmayr Classic Ground Coffee 4 Packs 8.8oz/250g Each

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 22, 2015
Awesome!

Dream Look Instant Eye Lift (As Seen on TV)
Dream Look Instant Eye Lift (As Seen on TV)
Offered by EM Innovations, Inc.
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 22, 2015
Awesome!

Dallmayr Gourmet Coffee, Prodomo (Ground), 17.6-Ounce Vacuum Packs (Pack of 2)
Dallmayr Gourmet Coffee, Prodomo (Ground), 17.6-Ounce Vacuum Packs (Pack of 2)
Offered by TheNewMall
Price: $26.96
10 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good styff!!, January 22, 2015
Good coffee, good seller!!!

Dallmayr Prodomo Arabica Ground Coffee 17.6oz (6-pack)
Dallmayr Prodomo Arabica Ground Coffee 17.6oz (6-pack)
Offered by World Wide Chocolate
Price: $62.95
8 used & new from $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 19, 2015
Good Seller, Good Stuff!!!

CW-X Unisex Compression Support Running Socks,Black,Medium
CW-X Unisex Compression Support Running Socks,Black,Medium
Price: $32.24
10 used & new from $30.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and they work AMAZING!!, July 14, 2014
LOVE IT!!

Black Tourmaline Pendant with Amethyst Accent Stone Natural Healing Crystal Set in Sterling Silver .925 Pendant
Offered by Kall's Komics
Price: $43.75

3.0 out of 5 stars The product didn't look like the picture, July 14, 2014
The product didn't look like the picture, and it was much smaller. But, I like both stones, so I will take it! I think it was overpriced for the size though. 50% less expensive would have been more realistic.

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death
by Annie Kagan
Price: $11.30
79 used & new from $9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Review Here, So listen up!!, August 6, 2013
When I was near the end of this book, which by the way I read in three days, I considered giving it less than five stars. Then I learned that a fundamentalist had written a small booklet (available on Amazon) which is a Christian rebuttal to it. Awesome! I exclaimed. Kagan has created controversy! Any new writer who pulls the hair on somebody's religious arse deserves more. Good Lord people, we're just so full of ourselves and fearful aren't we? We're all just hoping to cheat the surprise before we leave our meat suit, and anyone that gives us what we don't want is in the black. I'm well read in the death department; from Weiss and the Bible to Moody, and I've yet to pull any of their works out and say, "Aha, This is the answer! I'm delivered from all my questions!" Phooey, I say. A good writer grabs the reader and holds their interest long enough for them to finish it. The first part of the book is a hard grab and Kagen deserves kudos. Yes, there is a bit of triteness in the dialog. (Anytime I read "My darling" I recoil in the new age dialog. And the dialog from Billy did pull on my sleeves a bit). And yes, it was a bit "new agey" at times. However, Kagen is coming from her experience and it his HER experience not mine or yours. It is her memoir, so judging the book on that aspect alone is in my opinion a weak hypothesis. The purported ending of Billy was his experience. Personally, I believe our experiences after meat suit departure varies exponentially. But, who knows for sure, correct? If any part of a book can leave you with deeper thoughts on life, it's a worthy read, and there are a few. One of the biggest, that a few of you might pass up, has to do with the large muddy lotus, "the bigger the lotus, the deeper the mud". I'll leave the analogy on that one to you, but I'll give you a hint in the form of Bruce Lee's quote, "Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a tough one." As a primarily Buddhist human whose endured the harsher end of humanity, I just dug this. Kagen seeing her brother in the clouds might not be believable to several, and I had a tough time buying it myself, but neither were many stories in the bible and look how popular that book is. The protagonists final destination will make those who over identify with self very uncomfortable. I love anything that makes me uncomfortable and question whether I'm over identifying with self anyway. The more we rid ourselves of "specialness", the less we care what happens to us when we bite the dust anyway. In the end, the book will make you wonder. Wonder is good whether it's merited or not. And I find it a bit harsh to judge the author as a fraud. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Theres' no way to know, neither is there any way to know with regards to countless other books on the subject of life after death. We should all be focused on life anyway, and what we can do to make somebody else's way a bit easier; not because Jesus or the Easter Bunny tell us to, but because service to others delivers us from much of the darkness of suffering. That was the reason I originally wanted to give this book less stars; I felt there was no motivation toward the reader to step outside their selfishness and reach out toward the rest of humanity. And since I can find no greater purpose on this planet than that, I was taken back a bit. That said, its Kagens' first book. It's a good story. If I still worked at 20th Century Fox, I'd have pitched the story to the Creative Department this morning. It'll make a good movie. It's entertaining, and it's a fresh idea. Is it true? It doesn't have to be true. Did it happen just the way Kagen said it did? I have absolutely no idea. But, it's a very interesting read. And that my friend, is what being a writer is all about.

Writing Begins with the Breath: Embodying Your Authentic Voice
Writing Begins with the Breath: Embodying Your Authentic Voice
by Laraine Herring
Price: $12.56
103 used & new from $4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tools In This Book!, August 6, 2013
The greatest tool for creative writing is self-reflection, and this book aids the writer in re-connecting with their higher power so to speak. Great relaxation techniques and good writing exercises at the end of each chapter to help the writer work through blocks and hang-ups. Wonderful book!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3