Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Lighthouse Guide" RSS Feed (Camden, NC, United States)

STARGATE M. 2x35 Night Vision Monocular
STARGATE M. 2x35 Night Vision Monocular
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $149.00
7 used & new from $149.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't focus main optics. Focus ring frozen. Useless, April 1, 2014
The focus ring for the prime lense was frozen in place upon receipt and I did not discover this till opened tonight. Return window missed, so I'm stuck with the useless item.

Celestron SkyMaster 20x80 Binoculars
Celestron SkyMaster 20x80 Binoculars
Price: $97.99
103 used & new from $68.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncollimated and no instructions how to do that, April 1, 2014
Arrived uncollimated. Useless. Numerous other reviews mention this, but do not provide required detail to accomplish collimation. Celestron used to mean quality.

Night Owl Pro Nexgen Night Vision Binocular (5x)
Night Owl Pro Nexgen Night Vision Binocular (5x)
Price: $449.99
129 used & new from $444.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Item DOA, can't return., April 1, 2014
DOA, focus wheel frozen in place. Can't focus. Because of being a gift for my son the problem was not discovered till 4 days after the return window closed. I'm stuck with expensive junk.

The World's Fastest Indian
The World's Fastest Indian
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful movie that is true, March 21, 2014
Burt Munro is one of the coolest humans to ever live. His story of drive and determination cannot help but inspire.

Falling In Carolina
Falling In Carolina
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars She is one special angel, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Falling In Carolina (MP3 Music)
Clever, evocotive lyrics delivered with a powerful yet angelic voice. An important artist who sees and feels things most of us miss. Great album as is "Angels".

Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro (with Retina display) quad-core Intel Core i7 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB flash storage, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Mac OS X Lion

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome Mac, January 2, 2013
I am using my time to do a review, because my expectations were exceeded, meaning someone, somewhere, deserves positive feedback for that. Karma, what ever..... Thank You Apple, Thank You Amazon.

Bone-fides:
I've owned and used representative Macs of every generation from the beginning, and Apple IIe's, II GSs etc before that. The family has always had several Macs around the house any given time plus a couple off at college. I'm somewhat of an digital intelligence / awareness augmentation enthusiast and I publish virtual tourism products that must be widely compatible, so I own, like and use PC's alongside Macs, daily. Don't care!

Yes I own one: Because I was really good this year, I bought myself a 15" Retina Display, 16 gig, 512 ssd for Christmas from Amazon, and received the stellar "prime" service I am accustomed to.

Opinion:
I love the machine. The build quality, performance and display are remarkable. It replaced a much, much beloved 17" MacBookPro lost in a fire, so my satisfaction bar was set pretty high. I am delighted with the 15". If/when there is a 17" Retina Display model, I'll get one, but for me, now, the 15" Retina is it, an extreme value, considering the price point has not really changed on the highest end MacBookPros in a long time. I think I paid more for the loaded 17" a couple of years ago. This model is satisfying me in the same ways. Per normal with replacement Macs, it is now the fastest computer I own, besting the MacPro I'm using to write this and the display really is stunning.

The never ending, Apple led, Bus, Port and interface changes don't bother me, I'm numb. Heck, I still have SSCI stuff somewhere. For me, managing my local peripheral architecture changes and transitions is way better than being stuck with with the slow, buggy, large old stuff. What does kinda disappoint me is the locked down, non-upgradable nature of the beast. I used to delight in getting the fastest processor, but otherwise baseline versions of my Macs or PCs, and upgrading them. A nit really, because mine is outrageously equipped for a comparative song, and my needs are not likely to outgrow its capabilities any time soon. Wants, are another matter, but even there, the 15" Retina MacbookPro is is confirmed as my first choice amongst laptops that I might use to augment me.

Bottom line: Extreme value for my money, in that I got phenomenal computing power and advanced display technology packaged as a fine work of industrial art.

Update 1/9/13: I have the Samsung built display and it remains impressive. I'd buy this jewel again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2013 9:58 PM PST

A Short History of Nearly Everything
A Short History of Nearly Everything
by Bill Bryson
Price: $17.20
350 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good way to spend 20 hours., January 29, 2007
Read it or better yet listen to the book on tape or CD. I am a physicist, warrior, pilot, businessman, and avocational archeologist, paleoentologist. In a word I am curious. This lecture is brilliant, entertaining and full of insights both large and small that I never got in my classical education in science. I have given many, many copies to friends. Get one. Read it.