Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Peter Mccall > Reviews

Peter Mccall's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter Mccall RSS Feed

MSI Wind U110-031US 10.1-Inch Silver Netbook - Over 14 Hours of Battery Life
MSI Wind U110-031US 10.1-Inch Silver Netbook - Over 14 Hours of Battery Life

5.0 out of 5 stars All around, very pleased and easy to upgrade Ram, February 13, 2010
I've had this Netbook for about a month now and am very pleased with it.
I like the other reviewer ordered 1 GB of Ram thinking there was an empty slot.
But that was MY MISTAKE and nowhere in MSI's technical data does it say there is an empty slot. It has 1 slot with 1 GB installed.
I RMA'd the stick and ordered a 2 GB stick and swapped it in with no problem, I also had no problem getting a hold of an MSI rep. He told me the models are different and the U100 has 1 GB soldered in and an empty slot
The U120 is like mine and the U123 has onboard with no slot, so do your research before you start complaining.
I also downloaded the newest GMA500 driver from Intel download center.
Actually it was good right out of the box and there's no real reason to upgrade anything with Windows XP
I was thinking I might change to Windows 7 one of these days.

Gemini TT-1100USB Belt Drive Turntable With USB
Gemini TT-1100USB Belt Drive Turntable With USB
Price: $122.20
28 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Correction, October 30, 2009
At first I thought they shipped this table without a belt, maybe I was influenced by the previous reviewer
But the belt is there wrapped around the bottom of the platter.
All you have to do is line the square hole in the platter over the pulley and stretch the belt over the pulley
You might have to use something like the tip of a knife to get between the belt and the platter, be careful.
Just read the instructions first and you should be OK. My bad.
Now that I got it running everything seems to work and it sounds good too. You also can upgrade the cartridge if you like or get a 78 cartridge as well. I haven't got a chance to transfer any tracts to the pc yet but so far it works great as a stand alone turntable.
High recommend.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2010 11:35 PM PST

How To Master The Sport of Darts
How To Master The Sport of Darts
by George Silberzahn
28 used & new from $24.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, especially for oldtimers, December 24, 2007
I loved this book, George knows the game maybe better than anyone.
His practice routines will sharpen your game, but I especially liked the stories from the individual players on how they got started and played through the years. I'm sorry to hear a couple of them passed away recently.
I'm 62 and they are all older than me. I remember playing against some of these guys in New York in the late seventies.They used to come into the bar I played out of in Queens to practice for the big tournaments in the area. I'm not so sure the younger crowd will enjoy it as much as I did.
If your an older dart player like myself you have to have this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2011 10:23 AM PDT