Profile for Palm Trees > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 44

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Palm Trees "Palm Trees" RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ACDelco 15919129 Chevrolet/GMC/Isuzu Front Passenger Side Front Side Window Regulator Assembly
Price: $33.48
5 used & new from $33.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Built Than Some Cheaper Units, July 1, 2014
I've been through three of these on a 2004 Chevy Colorado. I think the factory one was just defective and gave out early. Then I bought a replacement based on price alone and then another and they were so cheaply made they lasted less time than the original. I got this one for just a little bit more money and can say the guide wheels are more heavily built and visually appear to be of higher quality than the two cheap replacement sets I bought.

I think I've had this one in long enough to say that it operates smoothly, seems solid when raising and lowering and based on looks, I'm expecting longer service life than the last two.

Max KT013923 Front + Rear Silver Cross-Drilled Rotors and Ceramic Pads Combo Brake Kit
Offered by Max Advanced Brakes
Price: $185.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected, July 1, 2014
I bought this set for our 2005 GMC Envoy. The original rotors were shot from mountain driving and northern winters. I wanted to go with a drilled rotor to help keep the pads clean, especially when there is a lot of salt on the roads during winter.

I have to say I was expecting an improvement in braking simply because the old brakes had 80,000 miles on them and were pretty poor. As expected, I now enjoy smooth, exceptionally strong braking now. It's better now than since I've owned the car and they look really nice, too. The pads are pretty grippy, but don't leave residue behind as my wheels have stayed clean since these have been on. I like them so much, I was looking at buying these pads to put on my 2004 Chevy Colorado but can't justify it right now.

So if you're looking for a good braking combination, these should certainly meet your needs. And for the money, you won't find any other brand this nice in this price category - believe me, I've looked everywhere before buying this set.

1 Custom Windproof Black Neoprene Half Face Mask Facemask Neck Wear Warmer Vent Winter Outdoor Sport
Offered by Imports247 Ships From HONGKONG
Price: $3.89
4 used & new from $3.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Other Reviews Kept Expectations Low, January 9, 2014
Being in NJ and not wanting to park my bike all winter, I needed something to keep my chin from freezing when riding into work. I saw a number of negative reviews on this about sizing, wearing glasses, etc. To my surprise, the size was as described and I have zero issues wearing my glasses with this. Best of all, my chin is no longer freezing! I recently did a 30 minute commute in 20 degree weather and my chin and neck stayed warmer than my hands that were in "winter" gloves. No complaints, especially for the low cost they charge for this.

Motorola Moto X, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
Motorola Moto X, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
Price: $369.99
3 used & new from $339.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Not The Latest Hardware - But..., January 9, 2014
I can't believe how much I love this phone. I've been running a rooted Motorola Droid Bionic and remain partial to the quality of the Motorola brand so even though I could have upgraded a couple of years ago, nothing excited me enough to buy. When I finally read the reviews of the Moto X, being a veteran geek who is also a spec-freak, I was frankly, disappointed and didn't even put it on my consideration list. Well, a one day special allowed me to get a super deal on this phone and with my Bionic getting older by the minute, decided to take a chance. Boy was I surprised when I set it up and started using it.

First I'll point out that I didn't know about the new sync software that allows you to transfer data from you old phone to your new one via bluetooth. I was pleasantly surprised by how simple it was as well as how fast, and it got everything from contacts, music, video, texts and key application data and took around 15 minutes to complete. No wires, no PC, no pulling of online backups, just plain old simple.

Second, I can't believe how fast this phone performs! I don't run benchmarks and don't normally subscribe to test results since I'm not using the phone for gaming or other majorly high-end tasks. And due to reading some benchmark test results, didn't expect this to be any faster than my souped up Bionic was. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I've yet to say to myself that I wished the phone was faster. Yes, it's that fast in day to day use. As well, I've now learned that I'll never own another smartphone without an Active Display such as this one has. A number of reviewers complained about the lack of notification LED's for texts, emails and Facebook so I was expecting things to be compromised. No, no, no! The Active Display is a new feature I'll never live without. Pick up the phone, it lights the display with the time, an unlock function and a list of what your phone has received. It'll show if you have emails, texts, voice messages, missed calls, software updates and Facebook updates. So obviously simple and useful, I can't believe this is the first phone to have it. I don't miss my Bionic's LED notifications at all.

Third, concerns about the 720p screen where almost everyone has 1080p are the buzz in most reviews of this phone. I can say this, I love the display, it's depth of color and all. Some complain it's too color-saturated, but to me, it's better than some that claim to have much better color accuracy. It's like using Velvia film in an old 35mm camera. Rich and saturated can be beautiful and for me, a preference. Another point on the screen, it is way more accurate and sensitive to touch than the Bionic or even my original Droid. That makes navigating the phone so much easier, I'll never go back.

Fourth, the camera isn't rated among the best when compared against the current crop of phones out there. But, it is still better than what I had on the Bionic and better than my wife's Droid 4 and my daughter's iPhone 5, in my opinion. The coolest part about the camera isn't the camera itself, but the "launch" procedure that allows you to open the camera and start shooting in mere seconds. A couple of quick twists of the wrist, like you're twisting a key in a lock, and wallah, camera launches without any other action required. This, to me more than makes up for it being slightly behind the cream of the crop cell phone cameras out there. And I believe it really isn't far behind the best of the best.

Fifth, my Bionic had the upgraded extended battery that I upgraded to since I'm rarely stopped anywhere long enough during my work day for a recharge. On my Bionic, I got probably 30 hours before I needed a recharge. So far on this phone, I've gone 17 hours and still had 13% charge left, and without doing any power management which most other phones would need to match that. I'm not disappointed with the lack of a changeable battery at all.

Sixth, lack of an SD slot was a big negative for me since I've had a 64GB microSD in my Bionic which was loaded with data, files, music, movies among other things. I expected I'd miss that, and to a small extent, I almost do. But, it only took a minor adjustment on my part to get used to pushing and pulling things from the phone as needed and so far, I don't really miss the extra storage capacity. I won't go so far as to say that having access to data on the cloud is a direct replacement for on-board storage, but it does help.

Seventh, I expected such a tiny phone to have limitations with regards to the internal "radios". I can say I've lost nothing with regards to voice, WiFi, Bluetooth or 4G connectivity. The Bionic was praised for its' radios as are the Droid 4 and other Motorola phones, and this one doesn't disappoint. I still get signals with decent to good connectivity where my iPhone and Samsung brethren still can't. This surprised even me as it seems amazing that they can create effective antennae in such a small package.

Eighth, I thought the smaller screen, albeit the same size as I had on my Bionic, would make me want to await a model with a larger display such as the Samsung GS4. Instead, I found I miss nothing and for the first time since I've been using a smartphone, I no longer put it in a case to sling on my belt. I tried and liked putting the Moto X in either a back or front pocket and forgoing any type of case. It also shows off the sexiness of this phone!

Lastly, this phone is the first effort by the now Google owned Motorola where they did their best to keep the phone as close to "stock" Android as possible. To me, I find this to be way above the original Bionic Android "overlay" known as MotoBlur. Which, by the way, is way less of a change from stock Android than what Samsung does on their phones. The far cleaner OS, I think, is what makes this phone so fast. No I/O exchange between the overlay and the OS to slow the phone down! Motorola continues to be my phone of choice and I'm so happy I jumped on a deal on the Moto X! I thought I was compromising just to get a great deal, instead, I find that I got way more phone than I ever expected! I'll never go back now that I have a Moto X! I'm so glad Amazon had this on sale! If it weren't for them, I'd still be using my Bionic and awaiting the "next best thing" in phones without knowing it was already out there in the form of the Moto X.

Even hard core users are now coming around and being far less critical of the hardware specifications now that they've had a chance to live with the phone for awhile. If you're considering a new smartphone, please give serious consideration to the Moto X, and if you get one, I'm pretty sure you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was. And I've been in IT for 30 years and actually attended meetings where the original cell phone concept was being proposed. How far we've come, indeed!

Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar
Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar
Price: $199.99
40 used & new from $132.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested 3 Simultaneously!, January 9, 2014
I would say my circumstances are unusual and allow me an opportunity to give yet another perspective that mirrors the positive review so many others have provided.

The unusual circumstance is that through no fault of Amazon, I received three of these guitars when I ordered one as a Christmas present for me using a gift card. This allowed me to literally inspect, set up, assess, play and listen to each guitar back to back to back.

I'd like to first commend Yamaha for what I would call impeccable quality control. Now let's discuss the guitars:

FINISH: Okay, most everyone reading this knows this guitar is made with a Sitka Spruce top, or sound board as it's technically called. All three guitar tops looked perfect and the finish polished to a nice smooth finish. Two of the guitars were exactly the same color, or shade if you will, while the third was about 10% lighter. Obviously this relates to the actual tree used as it is a clear urethane used by Yamaha that doesn't shade or tint the color at all. This is normal and for those who order via Amazon, you'll get whatever color you get, but trust me, they all looked good due to the use of the Sitka Spruce which is typically reserved for guitars costing way more than this one which is classified as more of a beginners guitar (likely because the wood used for the sides and back of the body and tuner hardware are not "high end" like professional or less "beginner" guitars than this one). That said, the wood is beautiful on all three and just because of my personal preference, I kept the guitar with the more blonde color than the other two. Plus it looks identical to an Ovation 12 string I used for years and always loved the color of. As for the sides and body, the finish is buffed to an amazing gloss and the grain and color on all three guitars is as close to being identical as possible. Close examination around the sound hole and rosette around it on all three shows that Yamaha cares about how they finish a guitar as there were no issues whatsoever. Similarly, the binding used between the sides and top is the same high quality on all three. The black of the binding on the sides is buffed perfectly and the binding material on the top is a combination of black and white stripes and being under the urethane is buffed perfectly. This has to be the hardest part of buffing a guitar as any slight variation of pressure, angle, etc. can quickly ruin the edge in several ways. Close examination of all three is again consistently perfect. One guitar had a very, very slight imperfection in the urethane coated edge on the bottom where it rests on your leg when playing in a sitting down position. You almost need a magnifying glass to see it. Yamaha uses a satin finish on the back of the neck to aid in sliding your hand up and down the neck as you play and the finish was again, perfect on all three. One guitar had a slightly two-toned color where the neck joins the body where you could clearly make out the two pieces of wood used to build that particular neck. No big deal, but you couldn't see this on the other two so I thought I'd mention it. The fret board is natural rosewood and the consistency in color and grain between the all three was the same and the transition between top and back of the neck was perfect on all. The headstock is also a high gloss finish and impeccable on all three and likely gets a couple more coats of urethane for increased shine. The inlays, both on the fret board and the headstock are fitted and finished consistently across all three. The Yamaha wording on the headstock is about perfect with a nice pearl look. The fret board markers are smaller than I would have liked (from a looks perspective) but serve their purpose, again a nice pearl look and again consistently applied with no edges or gaps and perfectly flush. I'll end the discussion about finish by saying that the plastic pick guard looks the same on all three and although plastic, looks pretty exotic and could be brown tortoise for real.

HARDWARE: The tuning pegs (machine heads) may not be the priciest but are better quality than most any guitar at this price. They are chromed metal and utilize an internal spring that can be manually tensioned and are designed to keep the pressure consistent as the internal gearing wears over time. Having tuned all three guitars, I can say I can find no difference and looking closely can say the chroming, finish and installation is as good as it can be. The bridge is also rosewood, and like the fret board does not have a finish over it and is left natural. Here, the color and grain as well as the application is consistent between all three, no issues whatsoever and very closely matching the fret board. The frets themselves were the same on all three with no buzzing or other issues, everything aligned and installed perfectly. I can't speak of what the fret metal material is, but it seems the same to me on these guitars as guitars costing several thousand dollars. There may be more exotic material available and used, but I have no issue with what Yamaha used and can't think of why a different material than this would have any effect on play-ability. The strings are Yamaha FS50BT and brass wound, no rust and light 012 - .052 gauge. Out of 18 strings, not one showed any sign of an imperfection and in playing, no real difference. I'll likely upgrade to my brand of choice but not until I use these up, they're pretty good for stock strings. The nut, saddle and bridge pins are, as expected, plastic. Many report that changing these out for bone (cow, buffalo, ivory for example) improves the sound of this guitar. I would expect the sound to be affected by this, or even different plastic types that could be used stock, but can't say since I've not played or heard one with a bone or tusk upgrade or even better strings. I'll likely upgrade to bone at the first string change since it isn't cost prohibitive even for this class of guitar if you can do it yourself (less than $30 on eBay).

SETUP: As expected, the strings are detuned by several octaves for shipping, but still have enough pressure to keep the neck from warping while it goes through its' storage, packaging and shipping process. Tuning each, I found the strings are pretty well pre-stretched and only took a few re-tunings to get them to stay in tune. The truss rod on other guitars I've bought were loose by design, with the expectation by the factory that the end user or guitar shop will snug them up and/or adjust the neck once delivered. In looking through Yamaha's owner's manual, there is a short blurb about how to correct a convex or concave condition by adjusting the truss rod, but no mention of having to do anything for first setup if the neck is straight, implying it is already snug and/or adjusted by Yamaha before shipping. I checked all three guitars and not one had a convex or concave condition to correct so I've yet to put an allen wrench to the truss rod to check. That's a good thing. To be correct, there should be a slight convex shape (forward bow) and checking all three guitars, they were correct as delivered with only a few thousandths of an inch difference between the three. I'll check the truss rod on the guitar I'm keeping but suspect it's already been set by the factory.

PLAYABILITY/SOUND: You can read many of the other reviews on here and determine that this "beginner" guitar doesn't really sound or play like one. Although the sides and back are made of plywood to keep the cost down, the most important part, the sound board, or top, is made of the preferred Sitka Spruce wood. So with the unique opportunity to have three of the exact same guitar in my house to play with gave me a chance to pick the cream of the crop, so to speak. Well, I'm happy to report, if not a tiny bit surprised, there is no discernible difference in sound between the three guitars. I had three people sit across the room (one a far more advanced player than I) while I played the same chord sequence, switching as quickly as I could between the three, and my listeners couldn't hear a difference! So much for my picking a "best sounding" one as each sounded excellent as well as the same. I too can report that I was quite surprised by how good these guitars sound overall. I don't have access to numerous multi-thousand dollar guitars to compare this Yamaha against but have a good enough ear to know they really do sound significantly better than the price would imply. Tone is very nice, high, mid and low tones are above average although sustain is a tad less than on some very expensive guitars I've tried. I do have a Johnson beginner's guitar in the house and can say there is no comparison; the Yamaha is so pointedly better sounding, the two are not even in the same class if you ask me. As for the action, it is a tad high for my preferences but not too high, even for beginners; I will adjust that when I replace the saddle and bring it as low as possible before any string buzz occurs. Having said that, these all played the same which is to say, nice and easy. If I didn't know the price on these, I'd probably pick one just based on how easy they are on the fingers along with their great sound. I guess that's why so many praise this guitar and call it the "best beginner's guitar out there". My many times more expensive Ovation doesn't have better action than these Yamaha's. I consider that important and amazing.

CONCLUSION: If you are a beginner, get this guitar! If you are a seasoned pro looking for an affordable guitar to use where you might not want to use your high priced guitar, get this guitar! If you are looking to buy a guitar and get a chance to test one at your local guitar shop, please do. And while there, try any other guitar in the same price range and even several at three times the price and see what you think. I think you'll buy this one. In closing and what made me take the initiative to write this, Yamaha's quality control is again, beyond reproach. Not one of the three guitars had anything wrong that would give me a reason not to keep it. All three were keepers and my decision on which one to keep came down to one of the three having a lighter shade of spruce. You may have preferred one of the other two, it's really only my personal preference as to why chose the lighter shade. I should say all three are light, just one was a bit lighter than the other two. Other than that, the sides, back, neck and headstock were all about the same color/shade and the minor difference on one, as I stated, was the two wood shades on the neck where it joins the body. Hardly a concern, just wanted to point it out. In case you couldn't tell, I'm so happy I did my homework, watched numerous YouTube reviews and chose this Yamaha. Buy it; you'll be happy you did! Search YouTube for the FG700S and you'll get good, honest critique and input (along with praise) on this guitar and can also hear it in action.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 7:53 AM PST

Dell L701x XPS 17 Laptop NEWEST MODEL 17.3" HD+ Screen / 6GB RAM / BLU-RAY / Windows 7 / NVidia 435M 1GB Graphics / 500GB 7200 HD / Bluetooth / Backlit Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Going on 3 years - still love my XPS, February 9, 2013
Okay, first a little about the laptop hardware itself. I got mine with the 2nd Generation 1.73 gigahertz Intel Core i7 Q 740, 6GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive, Blue Ray combo drive, NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M graphics, NVIDIA High Definition Audio (4x) and 9 cell battery. Windows 7 x64 was installed when purchased and didn't give me any significant issues for 2 years. Occasionally, I'd experience a slowdown here and there but eventually related that to pending Windows updates or updates being installed. No blue screens of death, no freezes, no incompatibility and no driver issues. I'm a PC technician and do a lot with my desktop, but needed something to bring to the job site that has performance comparable to a desktop.

I frequently do video rendering, Photoshop digital editing and video slide shows and find the performance of the XPS L701X is up to the task. I rarely hear the CPU fan pick up speed due to processor heat, usually only when I'm doing a heavy video or photo related task. The XPS is meant to be a gaming system, specification wise, but for me, it's more like a desktop stand-in and does everything I need a laptop or desktop to do.

Physically, I have a couple of complaints. First, The 17 inch size is a bit more than I anticipated. I use a couple of 24" monitors on my desktop and my rationale said I needed to go for the bigger laptop screen plus I liked the idea of having room for a number pad alongside of the standard qwerty keyboard. I've found that bigger isn't better in this case. It's hard to find laptop bags that are both compact and can fit a 17" laptop - I actually modified my old one with a sharp razor blade to take out a couple of suspension pieces to allow it to fit. Another factor is the weight. It is quite heavy. My wife's Asus 17 is way lighter although it doesn't feel as solidly built. I realize one reason for the weight is that the 9 cell battery (6 is standard) is heavy all by itself. Necessary, if you care at all about using your laptop without a power cord. I wished I had gotten the backlit keyboard because it needs one, but I bought off the refurbished site at Dell and had to compromise to get all the other features I wanted. The power brick is also huge because of the 9 cell battery so that's another thing I have to deal with when I go remote. And, speaking of the power brick, the power plug is located on the back of the laptop and I find that I'm constantly hitting it against things to the point where the plug is now loose. I've remedied that by putting a piece of aluminum duct tape about 1/8th inch wide around the "prong" so it stays snug in the plug. My wife's power plug is on the side, a much better location based on my experience. Lastly, I like the aluminum top but have put a small ding in it and also found they must use a clear coat of some sort because I have what appears to be a small chip in a different spot as well. Overall though, the thing is built like a brick, nice and solid, and I have no other major complaints about the build of the laptop. It has even survived a couple short drops without damage (dog knocked it off the couch a couple of times). I plan on keeping this one until it dies or I get a windfall that allows me to upgrade to a touch screen model.

It comes with Windows 7, not a big fan. I've lived with it, learned it and support it, but I'm still not fond of it knowing that its' base platform is Microsoft Server 2000 and that it was a quick-fix to problematic Windows Vista. So, even though this laptop isn't sold as new anymore (there are newer XPS Dells out there), it's still a viable machine if you decide to get one used, or find a leftover new one. That said, I thought I'd add additional information for those who might consider this laptop plus an upgrade to Windows 8. Since I support PC's for a living, I had to get up to speed with it and decided to use my XPS laptop as my training tool, knowing I could go back to 7 easily enough if I had problems. So, Windows 8; Installed quickly, no functional driver issues and all my software works. I don't love it, but like it a lot. It's faster, runs smooth, doesn't bog down when there's an update and does everything I need, plus lots I don't need. The good news, I have no issues on Windows 8. The bad news, a few of the bells and whistles Dell puts on their laptops and uses their exclusive drivers for, don't work. This includes a couple of the shortcut keys above the keyboard. Dell won't bother providing updates for those to support Win 8 and I've not had enough time to try some of Dell's newer drivers from their recent XPS laptops that come with 8. No biggie since everything is accessible through Windows, but I don't like when things are there but don't function. This includes the hot-keys for turning off the touch pad, access to Dell support apps, the M-waves audio key and wireless on/off key. Minor issues aside, I've found that Windows 8 completes some of my CPU intensive tasks about 10% faster, boots faster, wakes from sleep faster and is overall just zippy. So in summary, if you wound up on Amazon looking at reviews for this XPS L701X laptop and wonder if it works with Windows 8, the answer is yes. I had no other driver issues. As for the reviewers giving 1 star for questionable reasons, I still rate this machine with 5 stars! Oh, and by the way, I have 4 Dells in my house and unless I build it myself, I will continue to buy Dells.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 9:04 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but not perfect., March 30, 2011
As a person who works frequently on the road, often with long drives involved, I was looking for something exactly like this. Here are my experiences with the Jabra CLIPPER bluetooth Headset.

Pros:
No issue linking with my laptop, my desktop for music listening, no dropouts, using a high end set of ear buds, this is perfect for keeping the volume down in the house so as not to annoy others yet giving me the freedom to get up and down from my office chair, move about the office for printing, faxing and scanning, all while listening to anything and everything available through my home technology.

No issue connecting to my first gen Motorola Droid, and with the high end ear buds and a free Android application, I'm able to listen to high quality MP3 music between calls/conversations. This is great for me as I drive a convertable and it can be annoying to listen to the sound system at the higher volume required when highway driving.

The fact that everything is contained in the small clip unit, it is very nice to be able to have the freedom it provides.

The mic is pretty good and most people say I sound fine on their end. Note that I do keep it at collar height when wearing it.

The size makes it extremely portable, I keep mine in an earbud case in my glove box.

It uses a standard micro-USB input for charging which is now very common on modern cell phones. In my case, it takes the same charger as my Droid so I only require one cord in my vehicle.

Cons:
I do experience occasional sound drop outs with the Droid. Not present on the PC or laptop so it may be related to the power output of the Motorola phone's bluetooth signal more than an issue with this unit.

As everyone seems to mention, the clip is both too tight, and doesn't open far enough for thicker clothing. I resolved this quite easily by keeping a lanyard handy. The one I use is leather with an adjustable lenght once on so I can pull the unit closer to my mouth for calls. I keep it under my shirt for general use since the mic isn't needed.

The earbuds that come with this unit are like most OEM-included sets. If you're only going to use this for calls, the quality is fine, for music and video however, the first thing to do is use a high quality set of buds or headphones.

Some have complained that the smooth satin black finish mars easily. Since the finish is flat, it's usually a smudge or smear and easily wipes off with a damp cloth. Mine has held up well after a month or so of continual use.

In closing, there aren't a lot of options out there that combine the small size, quality sound (overall) and a standard charging jack. It's not perfect but I'm more than satisfied with it and a number of my friends and associates like it enough to go out and get their own. If you're on the fence and looking for perfection, you may not find it in this or comparable units. If you don't mind the few negatives I and others have mentioned, this may be perfect for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2013 11:12 AM PDT

Alki'i Junior Womens lounge/workout/gym/yoga pants
Alki'i Junior Womens lounge/workout/gym/yoga pants

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wicking Ability, January 8, 2011
Bought these for my wife for Christmas and she love's them. She suffers from residuals of a broken back as a child and needed a frabric that didn't stick to the physical therapy equipment, wicked away moisture and stays in place for the odd positions they put you in. She said she'll be ordering more as she's tried numerous other garmets with poor results. And she loved the coral color I picked!

Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
Optima Batteries 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery
Price: $194.10
19 used & new from $136.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Really a 4.5 "because"..., September 27, 2010
This is officially my sixth Optima Yellow Top battery, and the first that has had an issue requiring warranty support. Unfortunately, I was told by Optima that Amazon is not on their authorized retailer list therefore I am unable to take it to a local retailer for warranty support. I also confirmed via my Amazon account that it cannot be returned to Amazon. What to do, what to do. Well, even though it is only 9 months old, I bought a brand new Optima from my local Autozone that I know will be an easy exchange should I ever have an issue again.

Now, on to the battery: These have worked well for me in multiple applications from HD trucks to multi-amp-ed Trans Am's and even an off-road Jeep. I've never had one fail until now but be aware that these are not "plug-and-play" batteries like a wet lead-acid type that most people use and/or grew up with when it comes to charging. I'd suggest visiting Optima's web site and reading the differences between their Red, Yellow and Blue top batteries so you understand their application and the type of care and feeding they require. The Yellow covers both cranking amps for starter motors as well as deep-cycle capacity for applications with a large amperage draw such as amplifiers and accessories like winches and such. I've averaged over 6 years out of each battery until I had this one fail and two were going strong when the vehicles left my possession.

I'm guessing that a number of those who are saying this is a bad battery or doesn't last haven't taken the time to learn about them. They can be drained completely down and yet recover where a standard battery won't. But, and it is a big but, they must be recovered following very specific procedures and no, you can't simply hook up a charger and expect it to recover automatically. Do some research and you'll confirm what I already know, these are not standard batteries and yes, they are better than your standard wet-cell batteries, in my opinion. For me, they've outlasted every other type of battery I've used and are what I buy when the stock battery dies or when I need more power for accessories. Peace.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2011 11:29 AM PST

Magcraft NSN0732 3/8-Inch by 1/16-Inch Rare Earth Disc Magnets, 40-Count
Magcraft NSN0732 3/8-Inch by 1/16-Inch Rare Earth Disc Magnets, 40-Count
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 16, 2009
I bought these to hold an aluminum gas door closed on my truck after the original spring broke. They show a picture of the magnets holding together through a penny so I figured I'd give them a try after using hook and loop first and having it fail due to exposure to the elements. I got the tiny 1/4 inch ones and used epoxy to clue them on the door. They worked so perfectly and I found so many other uses for them I actually ordered two different sizes to add to my collection. They are so strong that even the tiniest ones will hold through multiple sheets of paper on your fridge, I've glued them to bottle openers and also to my BBQ tools to stick right on the side of my grille. I love these things and can't believe I never discovered them before.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5