Profile for H. Thomas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 105

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Thomas RSS Feed (Schweiz)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Samson C03U Multi-Pattern USB Studio Condenser Microphone
Samson C03U Multi-Pattern USB Studio Condenser Microphone
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $55.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Too noisy, January 25, 2013
Mic is good built, heavy. Sound quality is decent, but the mic has strong self-noise, a background noise produced by the mic itself, which becomes quiet strong if you have to amplify the recording. I have it 2 years now but as I am going into recording more in the next time, I am up looking for a better USB mic with less noise.

Samson BT4 Telescoping Boom Stand
Samson BT4 Telescoping Boom Stand
Price: $34.95
6 used & new from $32.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad construction, December 28, 2012
The horizontal arm swivel connection is a complete desaster. There is no way to ever make it really fixed, however strong I make the wing bolt. With the weight of the mic, the arm always starts to slowly falling down. I even tried to improve it by using special rings between the axis screws, no luck so far.

The Sims 3 Deluxe - PC/Mac
The Sims 3 Deluxe - PC/Mac
Offered by Jim's Electronics
Price: $35.00
37 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A pain to even start it, April 24, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter wished this for easter. When the day arrived she was so happy and wanted to play it. But the disc did not appear on the desktop of our kids MacMini (OSX 10.6). It did mount on my wifes Macbook (OSX 10.6) though, but we do not want our kids to play on her Macbook, they have their own Mac. So I did make a disc image (.dmg) of the Sims3 disk and mounted it on the MacMini. I installed the game and started it, but it did not recognize the disc image. Took me quiet some time to get to that point, while my daughter was disappointed about her gift. I finally downloaded a hacked version and wished I had done so from the beginning. Shame on Electronic Arts who makes it so hard for honest customers. What do we learn from that? I will not buy anything ever more that is done by Electronic Arts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 2, 2011 12:10 PM PDT

Holst: Planets Suite; St. Paul's Suite [Germany]
Holst: Planets Suite; St. Paul's Suite [Germany]
20 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorit Planets recording, April 13, 2011
I have heard many many recordings of Holst's The Planets. And since I am using audiophile stereo speakers I was never quiet happy with any of them. Mostly the problem is the bad recording quality while the interpretation and playing precision was very good (Karajan or Rattle) or the recording quality was good but the interpretation and precision was not (as with many American orchestras).

Now this is the first time I am pleased with both. The recording quality is crisp clean. Even during ff parts the orchestras sound does not fall into a swampy mass as many other recordings do, many of the instruments are still distinguishable, also the dynamics are great, single instruments in p parts have a feelable present sound while ff is coming out, really filling the room. The perfection of the playing is outstanding and the interpretation as I like it.

So far I have found only one other recording that is similar pleasing:
Ambrosian Chorus - Ladies Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, also conducted by Vernon Handley
Label: Big Jo-ke Music, released 2008

WowWee 8405 Roborover
WowWee 8405 Roborover
Offered by Owl Central
Price: $129.99
15 used & new from $47.52

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, December 5, 2009
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: WowWee 8405 Roborover (Toy)
My kids used it for half an hour and Roborover is left in a corner since then. After they explained to me, even I see the Roborover does nothing more then any remote control car does, except his annoying comments and voice. The kids simply expect something robotic from it, that it follows them around or really can search them. But the search function is nothing else then a pattern followed until the user signals with the remote that he has been found. In explore mode Roborover is easely blocked by anything in his way, even a chairs leg or the edge of a carpet, he only detects walls to stop before crashing into them. This was a real bad purchase.

I see one 6-star review about Roborover, and after my experience I can only say, someone giving it 6 stars did never have it actually in his hands to try and/or it is a paid for review. My kids experience is totally different.

Alesis M1 Active 620 Powered Studio Monitor Pair
Alesis M1 Active 620 Powered Studio Monitor Pair

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware: Design fault!, October 16, 2009
First, let me say, this speakers have a very good sound, nevertheless the groundnoise is pretty strong, I note it well up to 2 meters distance. But now to the main problem:

I have the Alesis M1active 620 now for a year and a half. 2 weeks ago one of the speakers failed, it was not playing anymore, instead the blue light on top was blinking. I searched around the web and found many many articles with complaints about this problem, but also many reports about how to repair it. It is clearly a Design Fault, and it is known for years, not only on the 620 but also 520, Mk2 and others.

Alesis sent me the contact from their service center in my country, but I know how those service repairs go: They just switch the board with a new one and a year later I would have the same problem again.

I had the speaker checked and repaired by an electronics specialist. He said thats embarassing for a company like Alesis, to know the problem for so long and still ship it with this design fault. I've let him correct the same design fault on the second speaker, because it is only a matter of time until it fails too.

Therefore the only conclusion is that this fault is intended to be. This was my first and last Alesis speaker, and I will not recommend Alesis to anyone.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2010 6:47 AM PDT

One For All URC-6820 6-DEVICE Universal Learning Upgradeable Remote (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and easy to use, December 12, 2007
I have this for over a year now and even it is falling a lot - we have three kids in the house - it is still working a 100% It is also easy to program. I have 2 audio amplifiers that are not listed with a code, but both are working fine with remote to remote command transfer.

Maxim 59 piece Mountain Train Set
Maxim 59 piece Mountain Train Set
Offered by satisfaction reflected
Price: $93.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative playing, December 12, 2007
This is one of the best toys for 3 to 8 year old children. Shure you will soon need more railway and at least one battery powered engine, but this is a good starter set. Kids love it to see the (battery powered) engine into the tunnels!

Digital Innovations 10185 Skip Dr. Motorized AutoMax Scratch Repair System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Partially works, December 5, 2007
It very depends on the deepness of the scratches, I would say only the very superficial scratches can be repaired by Skip Dr. and the superficial ones usually are not a problem for playback, unless you have really a lot of them. A typical medium deep scratch will not be worked out enough, even after 6 times cleaning. In battery mode its running a bit strange, slowing down during the process, I dont know if its needing so much battery power or what...

ProMark Pair of Soft Rubber Mallets (Yellow)
ProMark Pair of Soft Rubber Mallets (Yellow)
Offered by Brook Mays
Price: $15.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Short, October 30, 2007
As with the marimba mallet, this rubber mallet is also a bit too short for my taste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11