Profile for BoJonJovi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 128

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BoJonJovi "Get out there!" RSS Feed (Out there!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
True Element Mens Single Back Panel Scooter Collar Leather Motorcycle Club Style Vest w/Concealed Carry Pockets (Black, Size L)
Offered by Power Sprocket LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars Nize vest., April 8, 2015
I am 6 foot male and 165 pound with a bit of a ponch. I ordered a large and it fits me well.
I almost did not order this after reading reviews of being too short. I think of myself as tall and slight build and I found the length fine in the size large that I ordered. Perhaps it is only in the x-larger sizes. Anyway, I am not sure what sizes are too short but I cannot say my large is too short.
Anyway I liked that the vest did not have chest pockets and was simple with full panel leather front and back. I also liked that it was not V cut at the neck. I will be using it for warm spring and fall days and thought the v cut might be to cool. My only dis of the vest would be the open zipper with no panel in front or behind to block wind from penetrating the zipper. However, I have not noticed much air coming through the zipper so it really is not that big of deal.
I do not carry a gun so cannot comment on the concealed weapon pockets. They will make a nice place for a hat or gloves.
This vest is a keeper.

Utopia Wear Men's Extra Warm 15 oz Fleece Crew Sweatshirt Yellow - Medium
Utopia Wear Men's Extra Warm 15 oz Fleece Crew Sweatshirt Yellow - Medium
Offered by Utopia Deals
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A keeper, April 1, 2015
I am male 6 foot and 155-165 lbs on any given day. I have a slight build and am generally between a large and a medium. I ordered this in a medium and it was just about right. The arms were long which is nice as frequently they are not long enough.
I love the feel of this shirt. It is a good tactile experience. I also like that it is not a baggy sweatshirt which makes for an excellent fit for us average to slight builds. I also ordered a Champion and Fruit of the Loom. This was my favorite of all.
All had similar weights even if they said heavy.
My only frustration is I would like to order more but they seem to rarely have my size. I have been checking for a couple months and they still have no mediums. I have not purchased the Russel Sweat shirt as I cannot imagine liking a sweatshirt more than this. I may have to give the Russel a go if they my size is not stocked by Utopia.
As far as reviews it helps when others list their height, build, male or female, normal size and the size ordered. So it is hard to pin down whether a shirt actually fits true to size when a review lacks this information. If a person says fits large; large relative to what. Maybe only the small fits large and others do not or perhaps they are 5 foot and 100 pounds and ordered a x-large. Yes that would fit large.
Anyway, I like this shirt and will surely order again when they have my size.

ASUS CHROMEBOX-M075U Desktop Bundle  with Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
ASUS CHROMEBOX-M075U Desktop Bundle with Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Price: $369.99
54 used & new from $263.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I still like a desktop Chromebox fills the nitch, March 14, 2015
Seems likes every time I turned around my Windows OS was lagging, or I needed a new ssd hard drive (3 in about 3 or 4 years). I also ran a couple different malware programs, Windows defender and so forth. I would have to wipe my machine yearly if not more and re-install the OS because it would get glitchy or start lagging.

I finally realized that my Chromebook just faithfully went forward with no glitches or issues over the 2 years I have owned it.
I still like a desktop, big screen and full keyboard so when my PC crapped out and I needed yet another hard drive and the processor started running hot I decided it was time to use it only for programmed computing when I needed some type of software or program that would not work on my Chromebook. Frankly the only thing the Chromebook or box is lacking for my use is oracle java. If it had that I would be set. Hope you read this google as java needs to be added to system which would increase functionality.

At any rate I purchased this Chromebox from the Amazon warehouse. After jacking with it for two hours to get it to work I finally convinced myself it was DOA. I returned it and got a non-warehouse box. I unpacked it, plugged in the power cable, put batteries in the mouse and keyboard, plugged it in and was up and running. I have had no problem with either mouse or keyboard. I have a folder I open every morning that has several newspapers, comic strips etc. I hit open all tabs which is commonly over thirty and sometimes up to 50. My little Chromebox handles them with aplomb.

I really do like a big keyboard and better mouse. I put a Logitech usb dongle in my Chromebox and my Logitech keyboard and mouse hooked up quickly and work well. I took the smaller keyboard and mouse and started using it with my Samsung streaming device and they both hooked up well with that. So now I have a smaller keyboard and mouse for A/V equipment which makes me happy. I know people have complained about the keyboard but I have no problem with it.

I am head over heals with Amazon and the Chromebox.

Update. ASUS offered a $80 dollar rebate. They also wanted a copy of my invoice. No problem I just printed one off from Amazon. I submitted all required for a rebate then I got an email they denied it based on unreadable or no invoice. In the email there was a link that showed all documents submitted. My invoice was clearly there and clearly readable. I called ASUS rebate center. I hit pound zero to get an operator. She took a look at my documents and approved it on the spot. Just wondering if they automatically disapprove all. I find it a bit suspicious. Now I have to wait 4-6 weeks. Which also seems a long time for something that has supposedly been approved.

Leviton 82000-PRT 1/2-Inch Long 6-32 Thread, Oval Head Milled Slot Replacement Wallplate Screws, Almond
Offered by Fruit Ridge Tools LLC
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars They are steel screws. These are the real deal ..., March 11, 2015
They are steel screws. These are the real deal. Be careful as there are nylon screws being sold as well with a picture of steel screws. Rest assured these are real steel and what we are all familiar with for electrical plates.

Surfer Necklace Made From Dark Brown, Light Brown and Tiger Brown Coco Beads, Barrel Lock (18 In)
Offered by The Green Nipa Hut
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This necklace has a good barrel lock, March 3, 2015
I have owned this necklace for 7 months and have worn it constantly. I am a very active outdoors male and I am writing this review as I was seeing if I could find another in a different color scheme. This necklace has a good barrel lock, the line that holds it together is a covered wire material. I can see the braided wire under the clear coating. I have found this to be an exceptional necklace that I have worn weeks on end. I love the way it looks. No complaints at all, zippo, nada.

Fruit of the Loom Super Heavyweight Crewneck - ATHLETIC HEATHER - Large
Fruit of the Loom Super Heavyweight Crewneck - ATHLETIC HEATHER - Large
Offered by GotApparel
Price: $15.13
22 used & new from $4.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap functional formal wear., March 1, 2015
I am male 6 foot and 155-165 lbs on any given day. I have a slight build and am generally between a large and a medium. I ordered this in a large and and it was oversize for me. The arms were long which is nice as frequently they are not long enough. I ended up boiling the shirt for 10 minutes and threw it in a hot dryer. It came out a a little smaller, not much, and a little thicker it seemed. It is still too large but it is comfortable and I am ok with it. If you are looking for a sweatshirt that fits more athletically, this is not it. This shirt is baggy in the arms and body. Overall I am happy.
As far as reviews for me size is important and frequently reviewers say it is large but don't mention their size, the size they bought and male of female. So it is hard to pin down whether a shirt actually fits true to size or actually is to small or large. If you like this review please let others know your experience with a a bit more information about your size, weight, size you ordered and male or female. It goes along in pinning down a descent fit. As for me I will be ordering a medium next time as this shirt runs pretty true to size.

Mad Dogs [HD]
Mad Dogs [HD]
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars ... watched about thirty minutes and started choking on the poor acting and seemingly absent plot, February 2, 2015
I watched about thirty minutes and started choking on the poor acting and seemingly absent plot. Maybe I need to watch longer. A good writer should have sucked me in before I found it revolting. It should have taken much longer than thirty minutes before I could not take anymore. Thank goodness other Amazon premiers ruled the day.

The Man in the High Castle [HD]
The Man in the High Castle [HD]
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this pilot however I wonder if the plot line ..., February 2, 2015
I enjoyed this pilot however I wonder if the plot line might crash in on itself. How much thick Nazi and Japanese symbolism will we be able to endure before it seems too cheesy. Kinda like having macaroni and cheese for a full week. pretty go the first day, not so on the seventh day.
Also, I live 20 minutes from Canon City and was there last Saturday. I cant remember it being right up against the mountains or any pine trees to speak of. It is definitely a plains town. The background mountains looked much like the range 60 miles west in Salida, CO. But it is cool that the plot develops near my home. Gotta admit the Canon City in the movie is in a much prettier setting than the Canon City I know. Although it it is a great little town as well.
Hopefully it takes a good turn and sucks me in.

Point of Honor [HD]
Point of Honor [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for a pilot, February 2, 2015
Very good for a pilot. Good character development, good acting, great plot to be developed, and a period of history that in many ways is still alive today and has certainly brought us to this point in time.Not sure women were so revealing back then as I suspect modesty ruled the day. I would like to watch more of this series.

Gregory Z 30 Size: Medium (Spark Orange Medium)
Gregory Z 30 Size: Medium (Spark Orange Medium)
Offered by A List Project
Price: $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Golly Gee Whiz I love this pack, February 2, 2015
Golly Gee Whiz I love this pack. I tried on several packs including Ospreys and really liked the Gregory Z40. I liked it because the big pocket on the front of the pack had a zipper. Not so with the Z35 and Z30 (non technical). There is still a pocket on the Z35 and Z30 but I guess it is made for a hydration system as it has a velcro entrance on the bottom of the pocket which is not very handy for me as I have always preferred a water bottle. So basically if a person does not use a hydration system the pocket is useless, and it is a good sized pocket to be useless. I actually bought the Z30 and realized I could not live with that design flaw and returned it for the Z30 Technical. I am not sure why Gregory did not put a zipper on the Z30 and Z35 as the pocket could still be used for a hydration system and the zipper extends the versatility for us old school guys.
I live and hike on the Colorado plains and canyons, For me this pack is the perfect size as I do not need a bunch of winter gear. I just need a pack that will carry a jacket, wind gear, plenty of water, lunch etc... for a few hours out in the sun. This pack has plenty of room for that and could hold much more.
I love the trampoline back support as it is cool and vents better than anything else out there. This is also the only day pack I have seen with a great lumbar pad. It comes in small, medium and large for an excellent fit. This pack evenly distributes weight all the way down my pack from the top down to the bottom of the lumbar. I gotta say that is impressive. I am 6 foot and have an average torso. The large fit me perfectly. Actually it is the best fitting pack I have ever strapped on and over three decades of packing I have strapped on one or two. I also liked the Osprey packs but for me this was the pinnacle of perfection. I guess you can tell I love it.
The pack is well made and is a few ounces more than many packs because of build quality. The cloth is thick and will hold up to many years/decades of use. I have seen many day packs with thin cloth on the bottom. I can't see those lasting long. Back in the day, packs often came with leather bottoms or very heavy nylon cloth. Although the cloth on the bottom is the same thick cloth as the rest of the pack, it will certainly last me many years.
The pack has plenty of straps to pull the slop out of the bag for various loads. Because of this it would make an excellent pack for mountain biking or skiing. It fits close to the body and by pulling the straps everything is pulled in tight. The bottom side straps do pull over the water bottle pockets. That would make water bottle hard to get. I typically carry a quart juice container for water and I throw it in the center hopper pocket which is very easy to get to. I always stop for water and take five so not a big deal. I guess if I was in a hurry to get somewhere the straps over water bottles might bug me but being in a hurry with a pack kinda misses the point of having a pack on; for me at least. Anyway, I love it. Truthfully, what is not to love.
The inside is ruck style with one big chamber. The chamber has a few pockets and hooks to divide things up. The hip belt is another great feature as it is substantial. Very few day packs come with an overnight or backpacking type hip belt. This is a nice wide hip belt and nicely padded . It puts the load comfortably on your hips and is a joy with heavier loads such as desert hiking with a gallon or more of water.
THe Z35 is a bit bigger and the Z40 much bigger. The Z40 could easily do a fall, spring, summer overnight. The Z35 could do a summer overnight in a pinch. The Z35 and Z40 has a bit wider web on the hip belt but all else is pretty much the same.
If money is a consideration check price on all colors as price can be substantially different from one color to the next. I have no idea why. If you are an avid day hiker, I am sure you will love this pack. If you are a day hiker, mountain biker, climber, x-country skier you might just find daypack nirvana in Z30 Technical.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13